Is argile a good color?

It's definitely more beige than gray. I was offered a Birkin with silver hardware--I found it rather nondescript and turned it down. Then I came across a lindy with gold hardware in argile and fell in love with the color. The gold really brings out the color!! I did get color transfer from my denim so you do need to be careful with this color--it's quite light.

I also think GHW looks better with the color after seeing a few pic online. I'm sorry to hear you got color transfer from the denim. Were you able to take it off?

I also think argile is a fabulous color.

There are plenty of folks who steer away from the lighter colors and cite the dirt factor. It all depends how you treat your purses. If you want a daily workhorse because you are hard on things, toss your bag in the car rather than putting it down, pick it up with dirty or oily hands, etc. then get a black, navy or ebene -- something very dark. That said even those colors are going to show corner rubs and use.

Many use twillies to keep the handles clean and use baby wipes to spot clean. Would I steer away from argile, heck no. It is such an elegant color, imho.

Reactions: lovejoysunshine
As others have mentioned argile is a nude/beige color, not grey at all... It's the perfect warm neutral in my opinion!!! I have it in a medor clutch and use it often, leather is still as good as new! Gold or Permabrass HW really compliments this color, not so much palladium hardware.

Here's a comparison pic of argile (middle) and Gris perle (bottom) if you're considering a light grey:
null_zpsa9f4a65b.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures! What a collection! I do LOVE it with GHW now! I think it stands out even more than Gris perle! All three are stunning though! :smile:

There are plenty of folks who steer away from the lighter colors and cite the dirt factor. It all depends how you treat your purses. If you want a daily workhorse because you are hard on things, toss your bag in the car rather than putting it down, pick it up with dirty or oily hands, etc. then get a black, navy or ebene -- something very dark. That said even those colors are going to show corner rubs and use.

Many use twillies to keep the handles clean and use baby wipes to spot clean. Would I steer away from argile, heck no. It is such an elegant color, imho.

Thanks for the advice! I'm not a very careful person but I will take care of my Hermes :smile:

Thanks for the picture. That really helped a lot! Both are beautiful bags! Is your argile easy to keep clean?

i didn't find it getting dirty easily, maybe because of the size and style, it doesn't bump into things much! have no problems with it..it is a stunning colour in swift..

Carlinha I'm surprised how beigey argile is in tadelakt (I assume that is the leather of your medor).

hi jadeite, yes it is tadelakt... i think the color for some reason in this leather ends up being a little more saturated than togo/clemence for example (same thing i noticed with rose lipstick)... i also did take this pic indoors, no direct sunlight... it looks more flesh/nude tone outdoors in direct sunlight.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! What a collection! I do LOVE it with GHW now! I think it stands out even more than Gris perle! All three are stunning though! :smile:

thank you dechnse, argile is stunning and you shouldn't hesitate IMHO.

I have found white leather easy even for workhorse bag, (you can always do little touch up on color yourself with good quality white leather cream, never owned white H though) but any other light color I normally avoid, as those need often professional spa for cleaning, as its hard to find for example any leather cream in exact shade. Not all people are anyway willing to do any touch ups themselves on bags, so then it is just up to the personality of the owner, how they treat their bags. I cannot have a bag that needs too much babying.

BUT.... Argile is such an beautiful color, one of my dream colors with GHW for sure and if my DH would get me one, I would treat it like a princess. Argile is one of the pretties lady like colours I have ever seen. Dreamy dreamy beauty.

As others have mentioned argile is a nude/beige color, not grey at all... It's the perfect warm neutral in my opinion!!! I have it in a medor clutch and use it often, leather is still as good as new! Gold or Permabrass HW really compliments this color, not so much palladium hardware.

Here's a comparison pic of argile (middle) and Gris perle (bottom) if you're considering a light grey:
null_zpsa9f4a65b.jpg

Omgosh!! Your argile clutch is beautiful!!!!!!