Is anyone still wearing/buying Prada nylon?

I was looking for a backpack (now that I have a toddler and an infant) and saw that the large Prada backpack was at this price too at Neiman Marcus online so I snatched it up. I did notice that in the description it said "made in Romania" which was odd as the other backpacks clearly had "made in Italy". I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a preorder which was to deliver in April; however, I ended up getting the delivery right before Christmas. I checked the bag and it says made in Italy. I'm thinking maybe it was posted incorrectly. It is no longer available in this size online at NM. I actually checked the PF to see if I could get more insight on this. Thanks for your post!

I managed to snatch the same backpack as well from NM! I was unable to locate the "made in" tag as I was also curious if it was from Italy or somewhere else. Do you mind sharing where I can find this info? TIA!

I managed to snatch the same backpack as well from NM! I was unable to locate the "made in" tag as I was also curious if it was from Italy or somewhere else. Do you mind sharing where I can find this info? TIA!
It's pretty discreet. When facing the front of the backpack, look inside the main compartment of the backpack. It is located on the left seam on a tiny black tag. Hope that helps!

So glad to see I'm not the only one still using the Prada backpack. Mine is over 10 years old and the black nylon has not faded my other nylon now called the "camera bag"... this one could use a wash to freshen it up a bit. Both are super practical bags. When I looked on the Prada website could not believe the price nearly triple of what I paid. Yep my bags are that old!

Can someone please authenticate this Prada Nylon? I saw it at a second hand store for 200 dollars. I'm not a bag expert by any means but I've never seen a nylon with this rectangular logo, only the triangle. I know these pictures aren't great but any input would be greatly appreciated! IMG_1485281081.652602.jpgIMG_1485281091.733942.jpg

So happy the nylons are coming back in style.
How many years old does a purse have to be to be considered vintage? Lol
My very first Prada is 20 years old and in decent shape considering how I abused it.
Some stitching is coming undone so I'll take it back to the store to get fixed.

Reactions: ladidalola
So happy the nylons are coming back in style.
How many years old does a purse have to be to be considered vintage? Lol
My very first Prada is 20 years old and in decent shape considering how I abused it.
Some stitching is coming undone so I'll take it back to the store to get fixed.
They never went out of style for diehard Prada gals. :biggrin:

I just got a small pre-owned Prada Vela backpack in the color "Ebano" - it's like a very dark brown but also kind of a dark army green (like one of those viral photos where everyone sees a different color, ha!). I love it so far - the size is nice as it equates to the size of a medium sized handbag and I can tell that it will last me a long time in the way it is constructed and the materials. Super comfy to carry too. I'm partial to vintage and only have a couple other Prada pieces. I never really noticed if Prada nylon pieces were "back in style" these days, but I do remember they were very hot in the 90's, lol.
prada-1.jpg
prada-2.jpg

I just got a small pre-owned Prada Vela backpack in the color "Ebano" - it's like a very dark brown but also kind of a dark army green (like one of those viral photos where everyone sees a different color, ha!). I love it so far - the size is nice as it equates to the size of a medium sized handbag and I can tell that it will last me a long time in the way it is constructed and the materials. Super comfy to carry too. I'm partial to vintage and only have a couple other Prada pieces. I never really noticed if Prada nylon pieces were "back in style" these days, but I do remember they were very hot in the 90's, lol.
View attachment 3759439
View attachment 3759440

I just bought a Prada vela backpack also! So lightweight and comfortable. I love it! I'm probably too old for the backpack trend but it's a very practical way to cart around 3 kids' worth of stuff + my personals and still look kinda cute.

IMG_1500991101.802567.jpg

Mine is small messenger style (not the larger version). It was my first high end brand bag purchase. It's in excellent condition and i use it often to go out at night bc it's lightweight and fits my essentials. It's about 15 years old if NOT older; probably older. Still looks new. I bought it at Daffy's which back in the koons if you guys are familiar it was a discounted high end retailer. That store closed down years ago tho. Don't know if they are still around in other parts of the country.

Mine is small messenger style (not the larger version). It was my first high end brand bag purchase. It's in excellent condition and i use it often to go out at night bc it's lightweight and fits my essentials. It's about 15 years old if NOT older; probably older. Still looks new. I bought it at Daffy's which back in the koons if you guys are familiar it was a discounted high end retailer. That store closed down years ago tho. Don't know if they are still around in other parts of the country.

Same. Literally word for word- except I got mine at Saks. I remember it was $275 at the time and it felt like SO MUCH MONEY and was by far my most expensive bag. Now it's going for like what.. 2-3 times that I believe, feels like an investment!

I use mine occasionally, mainly in iffy weather since that thing is literally indestructible and I have LV vachetta I need to protect :lol:

This thread is inspiring me to dust off my backpack. I got it I wanna say 15 years ago and besides the layer of dust on it currently from being unused since my college days, it's in perfect condition. It's navy blue and I snagged it at an outlet. So glad I never bothered to sell it!

Reactions: meluvs2shop