Is anyone losing the love for Bal because of the $$ increase?

Losing the love for Bal because of the price increase?

• Yes....slowly losing the love

• No! I'm a die-hard Bal Gal!

• Yes/No: 50/50

Results are only viewable after voting.
price increase by $100 isn't a deal breaker for me. Why? because Balenciagas are still the best bags for the buck IMO. BUT it will make me think twice before purchasing. do i REALLY love this bag? or is it going to sit in my closet for 3 months and turn around and sell it?

Price increase is inevitable. Even LV is very fond of price increase!!! I would not lose my love over the increase BUT I would lose my love is the leather goes downhill in quality.

LV and Chanel have annual increases (if not more often) and I think Balenciaga have pretty much been the same for a couple of years now. I wonder if this is a worldwide increase or only US only? I wonder if the price will increase in europe?

I agree with most of the rest on here, $100 on a $1200 bag is not that significant to me (& I say this while also realising that in the past, spending $1200 on a bag would be a big deal to me). I will still be picky about leather as always.

Chanel prices are definitely soaring, I don't know how I'm going to get my much-lusted after chanel bag with there being a 25% increase so frequently!

Louis gal I totally hear what you're saying, I'm not a die-hard "collector", $100 extra is totally saveable, but the only person who can decide if something is worth that extra money, whether it be $1 or $1000, is ourselves :smile:

No, I think the price increase is reasonable. It's the first in a long while, that I know of, and it's not that dramatic of an increase.

LV's price increases have made me lose the love, though. They have waaaaay too many - they have AT LEAST 2-4 per year? And Chanel's recent HUGE increase has turned me off as well.

i will probably try and find someone else to buy them for cheaper.

i only plan on ever buying 1 or 2 more bbags... after that i will stop. i wont look for any other bags to love b/c i will just keep the bbags i do have and love those forever and ever :yes: i do not need 10 bags sitting around!

i will probably try and find someone else to buy them for cheaper.

i only plan on ever buying 1 or 2 more bbags... after that i will stop. i wont look for any other bags to love b/c i will just keep the bbags i do have and love those forever and ever :yes: i do not need 10 bags sitting around!

That's probably what I'll do too. I really want a Grey to replace the '05 Grey Twiggy that I let go and maybe a Red, or if I ever find one, an '07 Paprika. Since I don't do fleabay anymore, I'll have to rely on RDC & AFF and my collection will tap off at 6 which I think is more than enough for me because otherwise I'll never get a chance to carry each and every one and I want to spread the love to each of my babies!:biggrin:

i really love balenciaga. price increases are inevitable, and sadly, expected. I'm just choosier about my purchases and will sell off those bags I don't use to fund new purchases,

I say this while also realising that in the past, spending $1200 on a bag would be a big deal to me). I will still be picky about leather as always.

Louis gal I totally hear what you're saying, I'm not a die-hard "collector", $100 extra is totally saveable, but the only person who can decide if something is worth that extra money, whether it be $1 or $1000, is ourselves :smile:

Yes, so true. I'll see how the Fall goes and take it from there.

I couldn't answer the survey because you didn't give the option: "Price increase? What Price increase?!?!" ;)

Honestly, I'm relieved that it's only $100 ... this is mere pocket change compared to Chanel price hikes!!!

haha yea i agree with robbins65, with the ever-increasing chanel prices, bbags look cheap even at $1300!! but i do want to get a chanel before my next bbag, before i could never afford one (since it's always increasing)!!!!

LV and Chanel have annual increases (if not more often) and I think Balenciaga have pretty much been the same for a couple of years now. I wonder if this is a worldwide increase or only US only? I wonder if the price will increase in europe?

There's price increases (or so I've read) in the UK so I would have thought so. In relation to pricing, for me, price isn't the issue as I've only really started collecting since last year. I have my limits for a bag, regardless of the designer and if I can't afford it then I'll find a second hand one or find a means of getting it. In the UK, we pay more for our Bbags so you should count yourselves lucky :P!