Is anyone getting tired of Coach?

i'm curious as to what on earth "flashy-trashy" is...?

I've been rummaging through the website looking for examples of what I mean by that--first off, in general, I really enthusiastically dislike metallic leather. The new Soho metallic hobos make me cringe. The signature patchwork bags hurt my eyes. And the reversible totes with the *great big creed logo* pocket on the outside? Painful.

But these things sell like WHOA, so I know I'm in the real minority on this one--folks love those bags, and I don't, so I don't buy them. I preferred the understated no-logo (and to borrow from Bottega Veneta) my-own-initials-are-enough* classic Coach designs. They were elegant and timeless and affordable. The line has changed fundamentally, and so I buy other labels.

*I make an exception for Louis Vuitton mono canvas, but I don't have a rational reason for that! :s

I haven't bought anything lately because there hasn't been anything that jumped out at me that I absolutely MUST HAVE but as long as Coach keeps it up, I will never tire of their very high quality, well made bags, and stellar customer service. Like someone else mentioned, the service is really important to me as a consumer. Also *ducks as people may throw rocks* but I honestly feel that Coach products are better made and more duable than LV. Nevertheless, I still love and purchase LV products. I just like how there isnt a billion flaws to check for when I purchase a Coach vs when I purchase an LV. I feel like Coach has better quality control. Sure, they don't hold their value... but I feel as if Coach items are much less maintenance and I can just buy a bag and not worry about messing it up.

no one is comparing coach to prada/chanel/lv. that would be pointless. but i think the point is: would you rather have ONE bag of that designer- or a few bags with accessories from coach?

trust me...i can't wait for the day i get a chanel. but the bag i want is well over the 2k mark. simply not feasible while in college. THAT is why you see so much coach- but it's lots of poor college students or high schoolers that are starting to notice quality or moms who simply can't justify certain designers when they have kids, etc. it's affordable luxury. and, personally, i could care less if i see other people carrying coach- it makes me smile and i'm happy to see it.

I don't think coach can compare with Chanel, LV, Hermes. But personally, I think Coach are similar as Gucci in some view. If I buy a Coach or a Gucci it is because of I can have both brand and more chaper price ( as Gucci has a Hugh sale and Outlet same as Coach). At the same time LV never sale and Chanel has less bag for sale.

I dont like them, but I need a tote and I think this one looks really nice. I heard that Coach leather is really good quality....I hate logo bags, so I only look at the leather ones.

10629_B4BK-2_d2.jpg

I've been rummaging through the website looking for examples of what I mean by that--first off, in general, I really enthusiastically dislike metallic leather. The new Soho metallic hobos make me cringe. The signature patchwork bags hurt my eyes. And the reversible totes with the *great big creed logo* pocket on the outside? Painful.

But these things sell like WHOA, so I know I'm in the real minority on this one--folks love those bags, and I don't, so I don't buy them. I preferred the understated no-logo (and to borrow from Bottega Veneta) my-own-initials-are-enough* classic Coach designs. They were elegant and timeless and affordable. The line has changed fundamentally, and so I buy other labels.

*I make an exception for Louis Vuitton mono canvas, but I don't have a rational reason for that! :s
i get your point, i really do. i think the point of a lot of coach bags is to get something fun (like the metallic stuff) without breaking the bank. and i will say i agree with you on the totes- i think they're cute when not reversed (i've NEVER seen anybody wear it reversed, and i think the coach forum unanimously decided it was fugly that way). and the patchwork...i go back and forth with that. i don't actually OWN any patchwork, but i think it looks cute on some people.

and i think if they're selling, coach must be doing something right...:shrugs:

I don't think coach can compare with Chanel, LV, Hermes. But personally, I think Coach are similar as Gucci in some view. If I buy a Coach or a Gucci it is because of I can have both brand and more chaper price ( as Gucci has a Hugh sale and Outlet same as Coach). At the same time LV never sale and Chanel has less bag for sale.
trust me, i know coach is nowhere near hermes. anybody who would imply that needs to have their head examined!

and i think the only place without an outlet is hermes and lv, correct? (granted, coach has many more- but that's beside the fact). and doesn't some hermes stuff go on sale, too?

it all boils down to what you LOVE and what you choose to spend your money on, amongst a million other factors. i personally am not a fan of lv, but i would NEVER bash the brand because i respect what people spend their money on and that they sincerely enjoy the products. that's good enough for me. i just really cannot understand why people are so quick to bash coach, ESPECIALLY on a forum dedicated to purses?!

i just really cannot understand why people are so quick to bash coach, ESPECIALLY on a forum dedicated to purses?!
Hey, there was recently the same thread on Vuitton, called "Is anyone over LV?" A forum is a place where everyone can share their opinions on brands, be it positive and negative, and although I love LV, I didn't internalize or get irritated/upset by any of the comments posted in that thread. It doesn't bother me at all that some people think that LV mono is trashy; I don't, and that's all that matters.:flowers: :flowers:

Hey, there was recently the same thread on Vuitton, called "Is anyone over LV?" A forum is a place where everyone can share their opinions on brands, be it positive and negative, and although I love LV, I didn't internalize or get irritated/upset by any of the comments posted in that thread. It doesn't bother me at all that some people think that LV mono is trashy; I don't, and that's all that matters.
but, for the time i've been here, that's the first lv trashing thread i've seen (granted, i'm not here 24/7). but i can't begin to count the number of coach bashing ones. that's all.

and there is a very big difference in stating an opinion and giving into a mob mentality of bashing.

I love my coach bag, wallet, shoes and key ring etc etc...lol
But, what appealed to me besides the look was the affordability. I don't mind the logo's..I like brand names and dont care if others know it, so if they want to stick CC all over my purse, go for it. I would love to get an LV but just cant put that much money into a purse at the moment. To each his own.

I don't want to be anyone's walking advertisement. Unless they want to pay me for carrying the bag!

i feel that exact same way about clothing. abercrombie, a&e whatever clothes you wear to chill and be a bum in, they all have names plastered all over them! i am done with clothes like that. unless you pay me, no. im not paying good money to be your walking billboard,

now BAGS, somehow are a diff story. even though every dick and jane has a coach, i feel that if you pick your collection carefully and through your personality, its different. running around with the khaki cheapo pochette is all fine and well, but im not a fan of wearing the same bag every highschool kid is. just me. i feel the same about dooney too. never been a fan, actually.

and there is a very big difference in stating an opinion and giving into a mob mentality of bashing.
But it is difficult to tell on a forum which is which, as we can't read intentions from behind a computer screen. People that disagree are going to stay away from this thread, and people that are inclined to agree are going to post in this thread. As it's hard to police intentions, the benefit of the doubt has to be given. Arguing down others' "opinions" (as we have no other way of telling that they are not, in fact, opinions but "mob mentality") isn't the best way to go.

On the topic, I love Coach's Legacy line, very classy.

I am tired of Coach but only because their style no longer suits me - I think they are too preppy overall. Plus, I have grown fond of soft, slouchy leather bags - and the Coach leather is too sturdy. Some of the styles are cute, though.

I've been tired of them for years, but the biggest reason I stopped buying was the shift to China for all of their manufacturing. Why pay that much when they cut their costs to the bone?