Is anyone else shopping out of fear/stress of prices increasing?

I've noticed that too. I wonder if the seller is getting paid full price (+ bonus) for what was paid for the more popular items?
For example, I see those LV mini pochettes selling 30%+ over retail. Did the seller get a portion of that, or it all profit to FP?

2020 I was totally supporting my luxury goods, but with fewer purchases that were on my "waitlist". I am tired of these price increases and not letting it trigger me to spend when they want me to spend.

For example, my SA at Cartier told me there will be another price increase possibly on the item I want. Oh well, too bad. I cannot afford it now, so I will have to wait.

Its ridiculous what some of the resale sites charge for sold out items. I mean I get it supply and demand, but I have seen LV over $1000 more than retail price for a bag that will be restocked. This was on Fashionphile which I have purchased a fair amount of bags from in the past but lately their prices seem a little high.

I've noticed that too. I wonder if the seller is getting paid full price (+ bonus) for what was paid for the more popular items?
For example, I see those LV mini pochettes selling 30%+ over retail. Did the seller get a portion of that, or it all profit to FP?

2020 I was totally supporting my luxury goods, but with fewer purchases that were on my "waitlist". I am tired of these price increases and not letting it trigger me to spend when they want me to spend.

For example, my SA at Cartier told me there will be another price increase possibly on the item I want. Oh well, too bad. I cannot afford it now, so I will have to wait.
I don't know how fp works but some consignment shops buy your bag for a certain amount. The profit or loss is for them. Other shops will sell a bag and you'll get a certain percentage. From what I read here a 30% consignment rate seems to be fairly normal, so those sellers will break even and not get a profit from reselling. There are also consignment stores that will sell on a 50 / 50 or 60 / 40 base. Some people think that is to hefty and try to sell on their own, other people don't want the hassle of dealing with buyers and take their loss.

I've had my eye on the Large Reissue Camera bag forever! its not easy to come by in good condition. I had the small one for a while and it was just too small for me. The other is a Jumbo single flap. i can never decide if i want caviar or lambskin or if i even will use the bag period! thats a sure sign to me that i need to wait :smile:
When and if you do purchase- post pics here!

I think luxury companies have figured out that we all have more disposable income as we are not traveling. So we tend to shop and pay more without protest. I have been purchasing a lot this year and have two more bags to go. After that, I am planning to go YEARS without purchasing anything new. Honestly, I have more than enough to last me 20 years. Hope my plans work because the price increases are crazy. So I may indulge in twillies to change the look of a bag, but it will be a while before I wear enough of what I have to be bored. And hopefully will have less time to shop and more time to DO.
Completely get it! Which two bags?

Increase on which item at Cartier? I think my SA was saying no increase until May possibly. Certain brand price increases trigger me for sure. Chanel’s pricing has become insanity. If I knew it was going to go up this much, I would’ve made some purchases before the last increase. I am curious when their next increase will be...

Reactions: lovieluvslux
I don't know how fp works but some consignment shops buy your bag for a certain amount. The profit or loss is for them. Other shops will sell a bag and you'll get a certain percentage. From what I read here a 30% consignment rate seems to be fairly normal, so those sellers will break even and not get a profit from reselling. There are also consignment stores that will sell on a 50 / 50 or 60 / 40 base. Some people think that is to hefty and try to sell on their own, other people don't want the hassle of dealing with buyers and take their loss.
No clue how any of it works- I have to see bags upfront and in person so I can’t buy anything unseen for thousands of dollars. I read something yesterday on here about someone who was on some FB page for Chanel and got scammed. She also said other members of the page were scammed with one lady who was out $10k on two bags! Not sure why they would not just use a reputable consignment source or compare pricing. If it sounds too good to be true- its too good to be true.

Reactions: Egel

Fashionphile does not pay full (or even fair) price to the person selling their items to them. For example, I tried to get a quote on an LV Key Pouch that was still new and they offered me $150. They are currently selling them for $285 (used) to $560. That is a freaking insane markup! They are so greedy now.

Yes...I’ve bought more clothes, shoes and also more luxury handbags (one Chanel and one LV) this year even though I’m still hardly going out. I’ve also sold a couple of handbags and am still in the process of selling two more. I think I’m getting to a state of satisfaction with my collection. I’m somewhat motivated by price increases, because I don’t want to pay more for Chanel than the current exorbitant prices. I have one more Chanel bag to go and then I’ll get off the hamster wheel. If I don’t browse or keep up with the new collections then I won’t be tempted.