Is anyone else shopping out of fear/stress of prices increasing?

Which two bags:biggrin: Love the term shoppies!! Yeah, my issue is when I get focused- I go back and forth and then I will purchase.
So, last night I made a list and I am not sure now which ones will stay on the list or fall off. Tonight I will reprioritize that list and put milestones I need to achieve to get those?
I've had my eye on the Large Reissue Camera bag forever! its not easy to come by in good condition. I had the small one for a while and it was just too small for me. The other is a Jumbo single flap. i can never decide if i want caviar or lambskin or if i even will use the bag period! thats a sure sign to me that i need to wait :smile:

I feel like I keep purchasing luxury items because I am so worried about the price increases that are to come.
I convince myself I have to make purchases before all these price increases take place and I have regrets later.
I know some have already taken place and it's causing me anxiety. I keep thinking to myself why did I wait....
Is anyone else making purchases because of this? Or am I the only one :panic: Please tell me I am not the only one!
Covid is making my shopping habit far worse.
I think luxury companies have figured out that we all have more disposable income as we are not traveling. So we tend to shop and pay more without protest. I have been purchasing a lot this year and have two more bags to go. After that, I am planning to go YEARS without purchasing anything new. Honestly, I have more than enough to last me 20 years. Hope my plans work because the price increases are crazy. So I may indulge in twillies to change the look of a bag, but it will be a while before I wear enough of what I have to be bored. And hopefully will have less time to shop and more time to DO.

I think luxury companies have figured out that we all have more disposable income as we are not traveling. So we tend to shop and pay more without protest. I have been purchasing a lot this year and have two more bags to go. After that, I am planning to go YEARS without purchasing anything new. Honestly, I have more than enough to last me 20 years. Hope my plans work because the price increases are crazy. So I may indulge in twillies to change the look of a bag, but it will be a while before I wear enough of what I have to be bored. And hopefully will have less time to shop and more time to DO.
So completely true!! We are repurposing our cash for sure since we aren’t traveling. Very well said! I am always curious to see what people are buying! Feel free to share!

Last edited:
This is the excuse/lie I told myself that since I am not traveling, going out, etc., then it's OK to spend copious amounts on money on bags. I purchased my Chanel WOC early 2020 before the 2 prices increases. I was in a panic to buy black silver Lady Dior Medium new before the recent price increase. Then I had a long talk with myself about the resale value and decided to buy preloved

This is the excuse/lie I told myself that since I am not traveling, going out, etc., then it's OK to spend copious amounts on money on bags. I purchased my Chanel WOC early 2020 before the 2 prices increases. I was in a panic to buy black silver Lady Dior Medium new before the recent price increase. Then I had a long talk with myself about the resale value and decided to buy preloved
Preloved may be the only way to go in the future. But the resellers sometimes make even that impossible. I see sometimes all of an LV new release sell out and then immediately the pieces are being resold for hundreds more. Really frustrating.

So completely true!! We are repurposing our cash for sure since we aren’t traveling. Very well said! I am always curious to see what people are buying! Feel free to share!
Bought the Alma bb in empriente, Cherry Berry and the double zipped giant monogram. Also the neonoe bb but didn’t take a pic yet. For Christmas I also bought a game on Felicie which I figured I would never wear so gifted it to a close relative. Insanity sets in!!

Attachments

• 00B5D269-A3C8-4718-AFC2-F58418A567F3.jpeg
    00B5D269-A3C8-4718-AFC2-F58418A567F3.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 94F7D0FE-5F25-42D4-9FA0-88EB8A364F7B.jpeg
    94F7D0FE-5F25-42D4-9FA0-88EB8A364F7B.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 4
Preloved may be the only way to go in the future. But the resellers sometimes make even that impossible. I see sometimes all of an LV new release sell out and then immediately the pieces are being resold for hundreds more. Really frustrating.
Its ridiculous what some of the resale sites charge for sold out items. I mean I get it supply and demand, but I have seen LV over $1000 more than retail price for a bag that will be restocked. This was on Fashionphile which I have purchased a fair amount of bags from in the past but lately their prices seem a little high.

Bought the Alma bb in empriente, Cherry Berry and the double zipped giant monogram. Also the neonoe bb but didn’t take a pic yet. For Christmas I also bought a game on Felicie which I figured I would never wear so gifted it to a close relative. Insanity sets in!!
Congrats! Love love love empriente! I have been wanting the On The Go Tote but am holding off for a bit. I also like the Neonoe!

Its ridiculous what some of the resale sites charge for sold out items. I mean I get it supply and demand, but I have seen LV over $1000 more than retail price for a bag that will be restocked. This was on Fashionphile which I have purchased a fair amount of bags from in the past but lately their prices seem a little high.
I wonder if people are still buying with that kind of mark up? They should wait until restock!

A chanel classic flap in black caviar leather and a medium boy bag were two of my holy grail bags. At the price they are now its just not worth it. The quality is not there to make it worth that cost. I know everyone seems to think their bags are investments but 1 there is a ceiling and 2 I use my bags. I am careful with them but I use them. I am not buying a bag to get money out of it later. Though I do appreciate being able to sell something at a later date and get some money back that is not my initial goal. Honestly, with the way Chanel are increaasing their prices I lose more and more interest.
For some reason Chanel has not been on my radar. In the past, I went to many galas and functions that I could have used a Chanel bag, but I do not see returning to that anytime soon. It feels a little ridiculous to take a chanel bag to the grocery or casual restaurants. So, instead, I buy LV or Ferragamo which has incredibly gorgeous designs. I also use my bags, so not ready to adopt a Chanel baby to spoil. Hopefully I never get the urge because the prices are crazy!

I think Fashionphile takes at least a 20% commission, so everyone wants to make at least their money back. Many ppl think bags are an investment and refuse to accept a lower price. The same ppl that pay the high prices also think is an investment, so there we are.