Is anyone else aware of your B Bag habit/obsession???

My boyfriend knows.. He bought my first Bbag for my birthday this year :love: After he, and everyone else I know had been listening to me talking about nothing but Balenciaga since I touched a bag irl last summer...

So - everybody knows.. But my parents does not know the retailprice. I have done som decent purchases at good prices, so at least I don't have to fake the price - just not tell the retail.. We only have one retailer in Denmark - so, my mother won't notice that the VIOLET City I will get in August was actually 1500 rather than 500 dollars when I visit them..:shame:

Taking to account that I'm new with Balenciaga, my boyfriend now finds me obsessive (guess he thought that one bag would shut me up :P - but it didn't :graucho:) but laughs about it, and he jokes about a '3 bbags only limit' in our new appartment, when I get back to Denmark... I replied: "It's fine by me, but that means my 250 Vintage dresses will come instead.. I planned to sell of at least 50-100 hundred of those in order fund my Fall Purchases.." And you know what - even a Boyfriend can add up, that 10 bags does not take as much space as 100 dresses :wlae: Voila - that shut him up...

Kirsten, well, we had a very small wedding- 40 people. I told myself I was not going to drive myself crazy trying to find a dress. I ended up going to 3 places and purchasing a dress for under 1k. I loved it and felt beautiful in it.

We were married in Manhattan and our wedding was a fortune. I didn't want to spend so much on a dress that I was never going to wear again. My dress was very classic and I did get it preserved and I would be honored if either my daughters decided to wear it.

I am sure everyone has their own opinions on it but my friends who bought Vera Wang dresses and other high end dresses were definitely happy, don't get me wrong, but after it was all said and done, they realized they could have spent the money elsewhere.

Again, it's your wedding day so enjoy!!!! Have fun planning!!!!!!

Judie

Thanks! We plan to only have 6 people at our wedding. Hehe. Very very small, but since we are doing it on Hawaii there is no way we could afford to haul everyone out there. I know I won't go with a Vera Wang dress since the dress would actually cost more than the wedding, but I really like her designs. I guess right now I am more in my dreaming stage of a wedding dress. I hope to get out there by the end of this week and really try some on. I will get a much better idea. Sure I will probably fall in love with the most expensive ones I see, but I have to remember that money going towards our new home.... Or BBags will be much better spent.

My sister knows, but she doesn't know how much they cost. My DH knows the cost, but he doesn't exactly know how many I have. But he will notice any new bag I have so I have to bring them out at the right time. He got upset in the beginning when I wanted to buy two (in November) but then he bought me one for Christmas and let me get the sandstone city in April.

Shasta I would love to be Your B-bagtwinbrother or B-bag friend. I just dyed my hair again shiny blond and i orderd last week a applegreen work and i love black clothes and large sunglasses. And i would love to have a hubby who buys B-bags for me(joking).
When the ag-bag has arived i wil take some moddelingspics. For the miror or frontdoor.
Baby i love your style

Highgloss,
U can say it a very beautiful and real and ellegant way.
U have styl.

Thanx al for being so honest and funny(sometimes).
FX:heart:
ps told my mum about hte applegreen she almost choked and got a heartattack.

Oh Darling, I love it! You know what's funny? I was out shopping today carrying my AG and I thought "I wonder if FX's AG work came yet?" FUnny. I cannot wait to see! Thank goodness we all have each other!

Thanks! We plan to only have 6 people at our wedding. Hehe. Very very small, but since we are doing it on Hawaii there is no way we could afford to haul everyone out there. I know I won't go with a Vera Wang dress since the dress would actually cost more than the wedding, but I really like her designs. I guess right now I am more in my dreaming stage of a wedding dress. I hope to get out there by the end of this week and really try some on. I will get a much better idea. Sure I will probably fall in love with the most expensive ones I see, but I have to remember that money going towards our new home.... Or BBags will be much better spent.

Nothing wrong with dreaming in the beginning... I think that makes it fun! Could you get some Vera Wang shoes or something like that from a designer you like - that would be your special wedding piece, but you might be able to wear them again? Then again... if you are getting married on a beach, flip-flops will probably be in order! :smile:

This was very much like our situation... we were just starting out of college, and wanted to get married outside of the state we were living in. We didn't have the money to fly everyone down there, so it was every man for themselves... We probably had around 15 people at our wedding?? They were all family members or close friends that happened to be in the area... I know some of our friends were bummed, but we didn't even invite extended family or friends - because we didn't want them to feel like they had to shell out the money to fly there.

My first dress that I got (the one I didn't end up wearing), at a bridal shop was under 1k, I ended up selling that on eBay and recooping most of the money spent.

... The dress I fell in love with?? This is gonna sound crazy, I know - it was made by an independent gown designer that I stumbled across one night on eBay!!! Yes, I am insane. I did keep the other dress until after the wedding, and take it down to Nashville just in case the new one didn't work, so I didn't totally lose my mind... But can you believe that?? A dress off of eBay, for a quarter of the price - and honestly?? It was 100 times BETTER MADE then the first dress I purchased! :wtf:

Okay... sorry to hijack your thread Judie!! I can sit and talk about wedding stuff all day!!

My AWESOME DH, family and friends all know how much I love handbags, especially bbags and how much they cost. My DH is the one who told me to just go get one because he saw me on this forum 24/7 for almost a year!! Luckily my Nordies carries them now:yahoo: :yahoo:

Great thread, Judie. Only my DH, mom, and sis know the true extent of my obsession and they are always "tsk tsking" me. :P

It's lonely when many of my friends don't share my love of handbags and fashion in general. Where I live, it's neither hicksville nor a glitzy fashion capital, but most folks aren't fashion-conscious (read: yoga pants and fleece although not usually both at the same time). :graucho:

Also, I feel guilty for spending thousands on handbags so I'm not about to divulge my shopping habits to most people I meet. I know everyone spends their money differently as I'm sure some of my friends' eating-out budget is enough to buy piles of b-bags. But I'm afraid of being judged as materialistic/vain/wasteful so I stay mum about my bags.

So this makes me really thankful for our "secret" society of handbag lovers! Yay for tPF! :heart:

I didn't have an obsession habit with bags, until I stumbled into this forum.:nuts: Before TPF, I thought spending more than $300 on a handbag was insane, but now I finding myself spending more than that on just a wallet.:wtf: My DH is supportive of my recent obsession with designer handbags and actually had supported and bought a few of them for me.:love:

My best friend knows, she is the same way. We both love to shop and like fashion! My DH kind of nicely shuffles my habits under the carpet....When my Magenta arrived, he enthusiastically asked if there were more Paige jeans in the box. I said, "I think so, I'll open it up in a little bit!" ;) The next day when we went to dinner, he commented he liked the bag a lot. It was like he had no clue if it was new or not. Muahuahua! However, I do pay for all of my things with my own income. My Mom asked me, knowing I like to scour thriftstores for vintage pieces sometimes, asked me if I got my "awesome" bag at one of "my special stores." :P

I don't hide my obsessions, like my Chloe shoes, jeans, bags -- I just don't bring it up, usually my colleagues ask me about things I wear or carry. I tend to down play my enthusiasm, I guess that is my way of being sneaky. Shasta, I do the same thing, stagger my new things, then emerge with them as though they have always been in my closet... The "oh, this ole thing?" routine, LOL!

As for this obsessive bbag habit, it is weird. It is like once you touch that amazing leather, life is never the same, seriously. :nuts: Hard to explain, eh? :yahoo:
I have never been obsessed like this before, but it is FUN here with you all and great for stress relief!

Kirsten, fellow pug tpfer!
Have you ever considered buying a wedding dress at a wedding consignment store? My friend just got a stunning NWT tags designer 5K dress, sample size 8. Just a thought! The stores here carry HE designers, if you don't mind if it has been worn once? I am sure whatever you decide will be great, go with your instincts! :heart:

I love this forum. It was only this morning that I was thinking that only you guys know about my crazy obsession...Well, eh, my DH did recently find out how much Bbags cost. He doesn't see what all the fuss is about and he knows I am always on this forum. He's cool with that. He knows I love to rock my Bbags too! I don't spend much money on anything else, so he is learning to tolerate it. He recently let me save up for a Violet/Grape City! So, I HAVE to get one of those bags now...Not even my girlfriends know about my Bbags. Actually, I do have one friend who knows about my Bbags. She loves them, but she has no idea about Balenciaga or the cost. I am just waiting for the day she asks me where I get my gorgeous bags from :sweatdrop: ...It's only a matter of time...I really enjoy spending daily time with everyone on this forum.

Wow. Some of you are really fortunate to have understanding DH whom you can turn to.....

Mine? Heck no.
He'll have a heart attack if he finds out how much/often I shop. The thing is, I'm a shoppaholic.....there I said it!

I don't just buy bags, but everything....from clothes, shoes, household appliances to electronics.....I just LOVE shopping although most of my passion lies with clothes(Balenciaga and Rick Owens)and bags(Balenciaga only).

The only person who knows about my obsession/passion/habbit is my best friend(gay), who is as much of a shoppaholic as I am:nuts: Other friends/coworks have no clue. My DH knows I have a ton of Bbags and clothes, but don't know exactly how many, so I sneak all of my purchases into the house(usually in my Work or WE) and pretend as if I had them for YEARS!

Ekekekeke...cool thread! My DH knows abt my purse obsession esp BBags...& I'll inform him now & then of my Bbag list...but of course...he'll have nothing to do with it...ie I'm funding these bags by myself :yucky: . My sis & a few gerlfrens know of my obsession but not specifically on Bbags....

Definitely my sisters know my bbag obsession because we talk about shopping and our current obsessions. DH knows I like bags and was with me when I made a bbag purchase last March and he also buys me LVs... although he doesn't know how BAG my obsession is until he opens my cabinet, counts how many bags I have and computes the net worth of my collection.