Is a LV wallet a must?

I have some older LV wallets that have stood the length of time extremely well, in fact, one still looks quite new. I do think the older LV wallets stand up better than the newer ones, but I think this of everything LV produces now, the quality was unsurpassed. The current wallets are still made well and will last for many, many years and personnally for myself, after owning and using a good quality wallet, I could never see myself buying anything else, the wallet is even more important than the bag!

i hated carrying around a louis vuitton & then pulling out a dooney & bourke wallet. so i went yesterday to louis vuitton to pick out a wallet for my birthday from my parents. since my birthday is on price increase day. i really wanted the koala wallet but it was so big compared to what i needed. i ended up getting the monogram zippy coin purse. i only carry 3 cards and at most $20/30 dollars, i also empty out my coins at night.

I've contemplated getting an LV wallet but just couldn't bring myself to get one because I've seen the way my bf's mono multiple wallet is cracking and the threads are loose and coming out. I know things eventually break from use but I prefer my vivienne westwood since it's made of fabric and leather. I've had it for 2 years and it hasn't cracked or anything yet!

My favorite wallet ever is the Marc Jacobs zip clutch. I always buy them on eBay and it is the best wallet for me. If LV made one with the same functionality, I may give in, but I'm 100% happy with my MJ wallets!!!

I don't know if I would call it a "must" but I have a vernis zippy and I LOVE it. I figure that after owning a few bags, a wallet of the same brand would be good. I don't like to be matchy matchy but I do want a wallet of the same brand. It's a good value since I use it everyday in all of my bags.

I have always felt the same way about expensive wallets which is that I do want one, but always get distracted and buy a bag instead! I do want a MC wallet so it can match all my bags without being too matchy-matchy. I will get one some day. It is not a must, but it certainly is nice!

Totally love LV wallets!!! Its a must for me...when I purchased my first purse from LV, I also bought the wallet because it just looks so pullled together!

They have so many varieties and looks! I have this need to match so all my accessories has to be the same fabric and pattern...its so bad that I hesitate to get a new pattern because then I have to buy everything else to match...lol....

thanks everybody!! i needed to hear that..my hubby was bragging about why i want an LV wallet..im seriously planning to get a vernis pochette wallet pomme d amour..i hope it's worth it though

I'm a person who loves wallets more than bags. I have 3 LV wallets and only 1 LV bag.
I love their wallets. very well made and with style as compared to the other brands

For me right now i carry a Gucci wallet but i want my next wallet to be an LV. This is because my wallet was purchased the same day as my mums Damier Alexandra yet hers looks in mint condition but the leather of mine is showing signs of wear and tear.

The price difference is well worth it because i'll probably need to go through two Gucci's before mum 's Alexandra wears down.