Is a LV wallet a must?

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Just wondering how many of you would/do spend 500$ on a wallet that mostly hides inside a purse?

Do you feel that you must have an LV wallet or do you 'cheap out' and put the money saved toward a purse?

Caisah

LVoe is in the air..
O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
Lovely Europe
I'm saving up for a LV wallet as I love the thought of matching purse and bag..but I guess it is a matter of taste.
Cheers

baby of fashion

just shopping!
Dec 21, 2007
I always want to buy an LV wallet but then something else comes up and I keep postponing the wallet purchase. But I'm all for accessories even if they are going to be in the bag!

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
mostly at work
Depends on. I don't think it is a "must", but if you like it, you should get one. I was initially also more into saving for additional bag. But then I saw the french purse in Damier ebony and just absolutely loved it - so I got it. But if you are not so into wallets - I would just spare the money for some more gorgeous bags!

art0fwar

Jan 15, 2008
Sydney
honestly... a wallet is SO functional... depending which u get, but yeah, u use it 24/7. so its worth it. thats my 2c's

Aug 4, 2007
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For me a wallet is a must. My first was the porte-tresor international, but it wasn't quite right, so I returned it and got my lovely french purse. I love opening my handbag and seeing lots of little LVs inside!

missyanne

O.G.
Mar 20, 2006
I have an LV wallet. It's an azur pochette wallet so it doesn't really go with ALL my bags but I don't really care. I love her to death. Before getting it, I debated whether I wanted to spend so much on a wallet too, but after I got it, I'm soooo glad I did! :love:

BagsRME

Dec 7, 2007
In the Moment
I have 2 LV wallets, a big one and a small one. I've been using the small one since the day I got it 5 months ago so it was definitely worth it. My BF who isn't really into LV is very impressed with it, and actually wants a wallet now, so I guess it seems worth it to him too.

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I haven't longed for a LV wallet until recently. Now that I have a few purses to rotate, I am ready to save for a LV wallet.
I'm trying to decide on a zippy, I think. Vernis, epi, MC? All so gorgeous!

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
mostly at work
The more I think about this, I realize I really love using my wallet. I also had it hot-stamped and love seeing my initials embossed in the canvas when opening it!

Aggie

Feb 5, 2007
New York
i love marc jacobs wallets, so i have my lvs and pull out a wonderful pop of color....via a marc jacobs zip clutch.... i don't think it's imperative to match wallet and purse...in fact those 'in the know' do not match....matching for the sake of matching is passe

loving_couture

Loving Couture
May 26, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Everybody needs one good wallet,soo after you bought all the bags you wanted,a lv wallet is a must I think.For now i prefer saving 500$ for a bag then a wallet,but later on,i must get a lv wallet cuz I think they are cute and they have great quality,one of the main reasons i change wallets its because they break.

reinne

~~LVoes LV~~
Nov 24, 2007
Philippines
i've been wanting an LV wallet eversince i got my 1st LV bag :drool:but i can't make myself buy 1 'coz i always think that if i add a few more $ i can get myself a new bag! hehehe! so i guess it depends if you have the money, then go for it! But it doesn't have to match your bags. And i agree, you use your wallet more than your bag. I'm currently using a gucci wallet but i will definitely replace it with an LV when the right time comes (that's when i get all the bags in my wishlist:girlsigh: ...and hopefully LV doesn't come up with a new style that'll get my attention! ):smile: