Is 16,500 usd worth for Hermes Birkin bag?

I think that's a lot of money for a gold Birkin. Would you be open to a pre-owned bag? Gold Birkins in excellent/like new condition come up from time to time for around $11,000. I've seen them around. That's an option if you don't want to schmooze the SAs at Hermès, or live far away from the boutique.

I have a reseller who has an Hermes Birkin 35 in Tan and GHW brand new but the price is 16500 usd. Is it worth it or should I wait for the srtores?

View attachment 2552742

If you can't wait to build a relationship and buy stuff that you don't need before getting offered for one, go for it. The current new price for a 35B is over $11 before sales tax so the markup is not crazy if you can bargain a little.

Ladies, just a thought..

If you need to build a relationship with a SA in order to be offered a B, OP would be spending, I don't know, $3-4K anyway on scarves, RTW, home wares etc.

Even though I'm not keen on resellers gouging, in the end it might be worth OP paying that amount rather than buying things she may not need or want.

:yes::yes: Don't forget that after spending several thousands, you'll only be 'considered' as a potential to be offered for a bag. And you have to add onto the wait time if you're specific about the color too.

For me, giving $2-3K profit above what the reseller pays seems to be fair just to avoid the hassles that you have to encounter if you are getting it yourself from the store. But $5K above, if I have money and time is really crucial for me, why not... So the answer is it depends on how crunch your time and bugets are.

+1, though the premium over retail for me really depends on how rare the combination i want is.

If you can't wait to build a relationship and buy stuff that you don't need before getting offered for one, go for it. The current new price for a 35B is over $11 before sales tax so the markup is not crazy if you can bargain a little.
Yeah I think that if you really want it, and feel that the bag is for you, then you should definitely go for it !

Depends where your local store is. If it's a very competitive store, then yes $16,500 is absolutely worth it. Saves you tons of energy and uncertainty. If it's an easy store, then maybe you would rather cultivate a relationship.

I think that's a lot of money for a gold Birkin. Would you be open to a pre-owned bag? Gold Birkins in excellent/like new condition come up from time to time for around $11,000. I've seen them around. That's an option if you don't want to schmooze the SAs at Hermès, or live far away from the boutique.
This is exactly how I feel

as much as i think its stunning i would not pay this ammount besides i think Darling and this is with my best wishes at heart that you learn and become educated in Hermes.

Gold was such a popular color some years back but has fallen out of favor as a must have color. It seems to be a color on the resale market that lingers longer and is selling for less than the old days. Some people love it, we all have our favorite colors. I had a gold birkin and sold it because it had undertones I found difficult to work with. I lean more towards etoupe and etain or black as my neutrals of choice.

Bags are priced according to color on the resale market and I personally think it's high for a gold bag. If it's a color you love and would use then you should buy it. Really it's all about what works in your life and shouldn't be that it's a birkin and you'll buy whatever color you can get. This is, after, a major purchase.

Gold on gold may be making a come back. Do you know the date code? I have 32CM togo Kelly retourne from 2002 in this gold combination and I love it.

To answer your initial question, as others have mentioned, it is a lot of money for a basic B but if you do not have the time or inclination to develop a relationship with an SA/boutique, it may be worth the price. Good luck with your decision!

If your next Hermès is not too far from you go with devotion :sweatdrop::sweatdrop: through orange_education. It will be expensive but you learn a lot :woot:and on the end you will have the right Birkin. This is a bag you have to suffer for :greengrin:

I wouldn't pay this amount to reseller for a very nice but common color.

Last edited: