Irish Green for my first veneta?

baglici0us

Baghappy =)
O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
Hi everyone

It took awhile but I've finally decided to get my first veneta and I need your help with the colour! I saw an Irish Green cabat at the store and though I didnt try it on or take much notice of it at the time, the colour remained in my mind and has really captured my imagination. It's just so vibrant and GREEN!

I'm not a green person, but I just can't get that colour out of my head. My other choices are Black or Violet. I'm just afraid that I'll get sick of the green colour over time or that it will mark quite easily. I've got a rather extensive bag collection though, so it will not be an everyday bag.

About three quarters of my bags are black and I have quite a few purple bags already (Balenciaga Raisin, Bleu Lavande and Miu Miu Ribes). I also have a Moon cabat and Steel tote.

What do you think of Irish Green? And which colour would you pick?

Attachments

• 115654_V0016_3164_D_600x600.jpg
    115654_V0016_3164_D_600x600.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,048
More images

Attachments

• a115654_V0016_3164_C_600x600.jpg
    a115654_V0016_3164_C_600x600.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • b115654_V0016_3164_B_600x600.jpg
    b115654_V0016_3164_B_600x600.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 950
  • c115654_V0016_3164_A_600x600.jpg
    c115654_V0016_3164_A_600x600.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 978
Hello, baglici0us! I'm kinda in the same boat as you on the green. It's a super pretty color, but if you're afraid you'll get tired of the color, it might not be a good choice for you... when that happens to me, I buy the bag/item and it sits around waiting for "the perfect day" to use it, and eventually I realize I'm just not that into it and sell it.

Something that has stuck with me about green - a SA once told me that artists consider green to be a neutral, and that it goes with a lot more than people think. Kind of like flowers, when you consider their green stem and leaves, with colored petals. So that gives me hope that one of these days I'll try green and when it goes with a lot of my clothes, I'll love it. If you're going to give green a shot, that veneta is a good choice!

Good luck with your decision. It's a fun one!

Hi everyone

It took awhile but I've finally decided to get my first veneta and I need your help with the colour! I saw an Irish Green cabat at the store and though I didnt try it on or take much notice of it at the time, the colour remained in my mind and has really captured my imagination. It's just so vibrant and GREEN!

I'm not a green person, but I just can't get that colour out of my head. My other choices are Black or Violet. I'm just afraid that I'll get sick of the green colour over time or that it will mark quite easily. I've got a rather extensive bag collection though, so it will not be an everyday bag.

About three quarters of my bags are black and I have quite a few purple bags already (Balenciaga Raisin, Bleu Lavande and Miu Miu Ribes). I also have a Moon cabat and Steel tote.

What do you think of Irish Green? And which colour would you pick?

I haven't seen Irish Green in person, but the photos make it look fabulous!

My opinion for you--based entirely on what you wrote in your post--get the green! If your other choices are black and violet, and most of your bags are black and you already have quite a few purple bags, it might be a refreshing change. You already know this will be more of a "fun" bag instead of an everyday bag, so it doesn't seem like you'll be leaving a hole in your collection by choosing the green.

I did write the above with only your words in mind, without my personal opinion of the color in mind. But I happen to love color, so this might have guided my advice to you. If this tells you anything, I don't really have that many bags, but I do have an orchid Cabat. I am not a "pink" person, but my orchid is more of a purple-magenta. I was a little concerned that I would tire of the color, but I've had it for a few years and it's still one of my favorites. The color is very eye-catching and I'm constantly fielding compliments on it, even now. It's very "me," and in that sense, I'll never tire of it :P

If you think the Irish green is "you," then you probably won't tire of it, either.

You mentioned your concern about it showing marks. Yes, it probably will show some wear--all bright colors will--but it also doesn't sound like you'll be using it constantly. My orchid does have some transfer from dark denim on it, but it's actually not that noticeable (I notice because it's my bag, but I doubt anyone else can tell). It doesn't bother me at all, because I didn't expect it to stay new-looking (I use it as a commuter bag, so it's used quite a bit).

Also, for what it's worth, I'm not really a "green" person, either, but I also have a bottle (dark green) Marcapunto Cabat. I use it as my cold-weather commuter bag when I put orchid away. I was initially concerned about whether the color would be too limiting, but I carry it--and orchid--with absolutely no regard to what I'm wearing to work that day. Both colors stand on their own, so they don't need to match, if that makes any sense.

Good luck deciding!

That green looks so pretty. I was debating between the gray and red veneta (cannot remember the proper names) and now I think the green just got into the mix as well. Such hard decisions but I love what PeonyPlum said about green being a neutral. That really is a very interesting thought. Good luck but I would get the green based on what you wrote.

So I have to tell you my Vert Gazon story. As a Bal fan, you know this color and I believe Irish Green echoes this color. I love green and coveted the VG. I finally scored one and was so excited.

And then I rarely used it. It was too much pop of color. And while it did go with everything, I couldn't pull it off with confidence even though I really like seeing pops of color on others and I just LOVED the color.

That led to my recognition that I wanted my bag to be more neutral (blah for lack of a better word) and would use clothing for the pop.

I think I see an EB first in your pile of Bals. Do you use it often? How do you feel when wearing it? The IG could be the same.

What about indigo? A deep rich blue seems to be missing in your collection. I think this color has some pop but is rich and neutral. It'd be lovely with white this summer and work really well with fall's warm tones.

All this said, i have backtracked a bit on the pop of color. I did buy a Shock iron bag (a flirty summer bag for dresses and going out) and I do have a fire opal (warm orange) tote. And I like both a lot. I think even BVs brights tend to be warmer than those of other designers. In addition, IG is a beautiful color and If I was freakishly wealthy I'd probably get one just so I could have one.

if irish green caught ur eyes and stay on ur mind, u should get it. Since it wont be ur everyday bag, u should experinent w/ colours that u dont often wear or think can work. it'll b refreshing.

From what I see in fashion magazines, it is going to be a very "in" color. It looks like the blood red and vibrant IG and violet are going to be very hot colors for fall!

Thanks everyone for weighing in, it's really helped me make up my mind.

PeonyPlum - love your story about flowers and green. Irish Green kind of looks like blades of green grass on a sunny day and what's not to love about that?

blueiris - I reread my post and it really does seem that Irish Green is for me. Isn't it funny how it becomes clearer when you pen your thoughts down? It's also good to know that you still adore your orchid as that was one of my concerns - that I might get sick of the colour, even though I'm obsessed with it now.

Ruutu - Isn't it so hard deciding on colours? BV does so many amazing ones each season!

grietje - I actually have a GGH vert gazon envelope clutch (or a similar colour to it, it was 09)! I haven't had much trouble pairing it with clothing simply because I'm actually the opposite when it comes to my wardrobe as I wear a lot of black and don't really have many colourful pieces. However, you're right about my EB - I've only used it once since I've bought it because it just doesn't seem to go with any of my outfits! It's a EB GSH Brief.

I did consider indigo blue - it's such a stunning colour but I'm just yearning for some pop colours now.

septembersiren and Minteva - thanks! I think I'm going to go for it!

BgaHolic - thanks for the tip, can't wait to see all these gorgeous colours popping up!

krawford - I know what you mean and I may regret it but I'm just crazy about a pop veneta at the moment, and this green is not too out there like the neon colours that were the rage last year. I can still see it being used 5 years down the road as it seems like such a solid green.

I've placed an order and will definitely share photos when I receive it. Thanks again for all your help!

How exciting. Yeah, you should get it if IG catches your eyes. It took me a while and debate to get shock or not. I got a wallet instead and then the color is no longer in season and everywhere it sold out.

i saw the irish green cabat and the color is fantastic. it would be too much color for me even though i loved it. if you are not a green person maybe get a slg? will you be comfortable carrying the large veneta in the irish green if you are not a green person?