Iris Lizard MAM is here, but might go back (pics)

I agree with ya - I thought the lizard trim didn't look good IRL and the leather was too stiff. Oh well, better luck finding one you love!
Did you order & return one too? Or did you see it IRL? I thoght it would look more like this
iris_purple_lizard1.jpg

I will give myself a week or two to think about it. I've had this experience with ordering online before, sometimes I imagined something differently, then I end up liking it.

Jenny - thanks for posting those close-ups! I hadn't realized how smooth the Iris leather is. I agree with you, it is beautiful and elegant but missing some pizzazz. It's almost too lady-like. LoL. I think the new HW may be contributing to that look. You should definitely get something you love.

Jenny Cadine...I am really sorry :sad: to hear that this bag does not have the contrast that I am sure we ALL thought it would have. It's still a very gorgeous bag!! :yes:

I ordered it in the MAB from LB (yeah I bit the bullet too since I did not want to miss the 20% discount...I am sucker for a DEAL!) so I can't wait to see what mine will look like. I will let you know...I am keeping my fingers crossed tight!

I don't mind it looking more lady-like/sophisticated so I may keep mine despite the contrast not being there but I totally can relate to how you're feeling.

How's the construction of your bag is it in excellent condition, is it pretty sturdy & is the leather buttery soft?? It certainly looks divine! Also, did you get the stripe lining & do you love it :confused1:

TIA :tup:

Jenny Cadine...I am really sorry :sad: to hear that this bag does not have the contrast that I am sure we ALL thought it would have. It's still a very gorgeous bag!! :yes:

I ordered it in the MAB from LB (yeah I bit the bullet too since I did not want to miss the 20% discount...I am sucker for a DEAL!) so I can't wait to see what mine will look like. I will let you know...I am keeping my fingers crossed tight!

I don't mind it looking more lady-like/sophisticated so I may keep mine despite the contrast not being there but I totally can relate to how you're feeling.

How's the construction of your bag is it in excellent condition, is it pretty sturdy & is the leather buttery soft?? It certainly looks divine! Also, did you get the stripe lining & do you love it :confused1:

TIA :tup:
The construction is great. Sealed handles. I haven't looked at the lining-- I didn't want to handle the bag too much since it may go back.

I am actually leaning toward keeping it now. One of the things I really like is the new light gold hw with the smooth dark blue leather. Thanks to Luna Boston's liberal return policy (love them), I have a few weeks to decide. I was planning on jazzing up the bag with a chain & Elisha strap.

I love that combo but I completely see what you mean. It is more navy than purple and the contrast is not nearly as punchy as it was in the pics. Still though, what a gorgeous bag!!

The construction is great. Sealed handles. I haven't looked at the lining-- I didn't want to handle the bag too much since it may go back.

I am actually leaning toward keeping it now. One of the things I really like is the new light gold hw with the smooth dark blue leather. Thanks to Luna Boston's liberal return policy (love them), I have a few weeks to decide. I was planning on jazzing up the bag with a chain & Elisha strap.

Thanks JC for your response & I sincerely wish you well on your decision....GL :tup: If you decide to keep this baby, you're still winning since you have a KILLER BAG :yes:

I love it more than the duo photo - i say it's a keeper! but of course it's a matter of personal preference. It's confusing with the IRIS/purple lizard and NAVY LUXE/purple lizard...i wonder why they used two different blues?

I'm expecting my navy luxe/purple lizard beau today and i hope it looks like your mam!!