Iridescent caviar

I just purchased the mini last week and so far I really like the feel of it . I guess with it being a new fabric we will just have to keep our fingers crossed ! So glad I bought it in black instead if a light color . I'm thinking if it picks up dust like some of the post say a lint roller would hopefully do the job .

I was wondering if someone could help me determine whether this mini flap bag is the regular caviar leather, or the iridescent caviar leather? The label has "IRI" in it, which sounds like iridescent, but the SA at Hirschleifer's adamantly says that it is the regular caviar.

Label reads:
14B
A35200 Y06500
FLAPBAG
IRI GRA CAL/MW
94305 BLACK
UNI

Price is $2,700

I want to avoid the iridescent caviar that Chanel boutiques cannot clean or repair. I am very confused about the different kinds of iridescent caviar (sueded? soft? matte?) and not sure which kind can be serviced by Chanel boutiques....

Thanks!

I was wondering if someone could help me determine whether this mini flap bag is the regular caviar leather, or the iridescent caviar leather? The label has "IRI" in it, which sounds like iridescent, but the SA at Hirschleifer's adamantly says that it is the regular caviar.

Label reads:
14B
A35200 Y06500
FLAPBAG
IRI GRA CAL/MW
94305 BLACK
UNI

Price is $2,700

I want to avoid the iridescent caviar that Chanel boutiques cannot clean or repair. I am very confused about the different kinds of iridescent caviar (sueded? soft? matte?) and not sure which kind can be serviced by Chanel boutiques....

Thanks!

It's not "regular" caviar that comes on the 00V line (classic flaps in M/L, jumbo, maxi) in any way. It's a soft caviar from what I've heard, and softer than it was for summer. It's not the rubbery dust magnet kind, but it's not regular "rigid" caviar that you think of if you compare it to the 00V's. Just FYI, "iridescent" caviar can mean just about everything or anything when it comes to Chanel; the only thing you can know for certain is that it won't be "regular" 00V material.

Thanks for the reply - I'm sad that the mini's are not made in the nice firm caviar - the larger sizes are just too big for my 5'0" frame. :sad: Well, maybe I'll just have to go for lambskin....

Appreciate your help!

Thanks for the reply - I'm sad that the mini's are not made in the nice firm caviar - the larger sizes are just too big for my 5'0" frame. :sad: Well, maybe I'll just have to go for lambskin....

Appreciate your help!

Mayb get a small classic flap, it's only an inch bigger with a double flap and nice oov classic caviar.

Hi All,

I purchased the iridescent caviar in the light blue before I read up about it on this thread (so sad at this point). The sides of my bag are showing wear now and turned it into a darker gray and I am now looking on what the best way to clean this is.

I don't mind getting it professionally cleaned at a place like leather spa but are they able to even clean it? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that's best??

Help!! Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I purchased the iridescent caviar in the light blue before I read up about it on this thread (so sad at this point). The sides of my bag are showing wear now and turned it into a darker gray and I am now looking on what the best way to clean this is.

I don't mind getting it professionally cleaned at a place like leather spa but are they able to even clean it? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that's best??

Help!! Thanks in advance!

I suggest you read the other thread that you posted this question in as it addresses what can and cannot be done for this material. Good luck!