Involuntary Coach ban support group

Hi Ladies :smile:. How are you all doing? Anything new — bags and non-bags?

I am out of town currently and spent the afternoon at a luxury shopping mall. I am still deciding on what special BD/Anniv bag to get. Today I tried on almost single bag I am considering from various brands. My LV SA left last month and I have to admit, I have been slightly turned off by my LV shopping experiences since (tried 3 SAs at 3 different locations so far). My LV experience today was also less than impressive. I have had better experience at pretty much everywhere else. I never thought my shopping experience can be impacted by the salesperson. With that said, I haven’t completely ruled out LV because there are a few new bags coming out soon that I am very interested in. But if I don’t love these new bags in person, I might write off LV. Like I mentioned before, this is probably the last year I will be buying bags :lol: because I am just about done :lol:. I went to 2 different Coach on this trip and neither had the all black Rogue TH — which I haven’t ruled out yet. (I know I bought my plum Cass as my one Coach of the year so I will have to forgo my one Longchamp or my one LV this year).

I am out of town currently and spent the afternoon at a luxury shopping mall. I am still deciding on what special BD/Anniv bag to get. Today I tried on almost single bag I am considering from various brands. My LV SA left last month and I have to admit, I have been slightly turned off by my LV shopping experiences since (tried 3 SAs at 3 different locations so far). My LV experience today was also less than impressive. I have had better experience at pretty much everywhere else. I never thought my shopping experience can be impacted by the salesperson. With that said, I haven’t completely ruled out LV because there are a few new bags coming out soon that I am very interested in. But if I don’t love these new bags in person, I might write off LV. Like I mentioned before, this is probably the last year I will be buying bags :lol: because I am just about done :lol:. I went to 2 different Coach on this trip and neither had the all black Rogue TH — which I haven’t ruled out yet. (I know I bought my plum Cass as my one Coach of the year so I will have to forgo my one Longchamp or my one LV this year).
That could be one of the reasons I've never bought anything at LV. I never feel welcome there. I think they have so much traffic, they don't have to put in the effort. I think once you are used to shopping at a particular store, it is easier to accept less than stellar service. I remember once in Las Vegas, I walked into the Versace store with 2 bags I had just bought at Coach and the sales people wanted to see what I had bought. They oohed and aahed, which was really nice. I can't imagine that ever happening at LV.

It sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself, trying to find the one perfect bag.

It's hot here! We are suffering a bit because there is a chance there will be another storm next week. When we switch from heat to air conditioning, we have to close off the vents in some rooms and open them up in other rooms, so I don't want to do it until we know for sure we won't be using heat anymore.

Did you come any closer to a decision after trying some out? Or more confused now? Lol. Glad I am not the only one that might find LV not always shopper friendly. I get a little intimidated by the lines, and being less familiar with the product ( though I know that isn’t the case for you ).

Last edited:
That could be one of the reasons I've never bought anything at LV. I never feel welcome there. I think they have so much traffic, they don't have to put in the effort. I think once you are used to shopping at a particular store, it is easier to accept less than stellar service. I remember once in Las Vegas, I walked into the Versace store with 2 bags I had just bought at Coach and the sales people wanted to see what I had bought. They oohed and aahed, which was really nice. I can't imagine that ever happening at LV.

It sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself, trying to find the one perfect bag.

It's hot here! We are suffering a bit because there is a chance there will be another storm next week. When we switch from heat to air conditioning, we have to close off the vents in some rooms and open them up in other rooms, so I don't want to do it until we know for sure we won't be using heat anymore.
We have a heat pump, and changing weather drives me nuts as I don’t like to switch it from heat to cool and back. But when it gets to high 70s or 80s for several days I have to switch it to cool air as it is too hot inside. The issue is if we get a week or so with cooler weather as then I have to change it back, lol. Last year we had to change it a few times in the spring, and then it just so happened a part related to this didn’t work. They had to order the part, thankfully it didn’t need to be put in until I needed heat again as it took a while to come in, but it was annoying. Now we are almost at the end of our 10 year warranty so hoping all works well for several more years.

This is interesting about the staff potentially not feeling a need to show any effort in treating you well because there are so many customers. Your story made me think of a friend telling me about a weird waitress experience this week, and so many other happenings where people don't behave professionally. They were eating out having a nice time with friends, and the waitress gave a long sob story with TMI. It made everyone uncomfortable, and they weren't sure whether to leave a huge tip or suspect a scam. It was unprofessional; she made everyone feel bad and ruined a fun night. Then again, I have had people tell me fascinating tmi stories relating to whatever I was shopping for, and I didn't mind, and showed interest. If I had been there and noticed the waitress in distress, I would have asked if she was okay, and that would have made sharing appropriate. But that group didn't notice anything or ask her to share. Maybe the LV staff need to be shown how to treat you--example, go in the store next time with a big smile, and when it's your turn walk right up and ask for help. Maintain eye contact, don't budge, like you expect them to do their job and show you the bags, and have a blast. I want to hear about it! 😄 It's easy for me to say since I've never been to LV, and do not tolerate being harrassed by sales people. I prefer to take my time until I know what I want and then go to them, but it would be strange to have no one willing to then show me the item. I wouldn't find that part fun. So I can imagine how annoying that can be.

I hope you get to see all the bags you want to see and enjoy choosing a favorite!

Last edited:
Make it happen! I'm sure there is a white top handle bag it there! ;)
I'm always trying out different ways to tie the scarves. I thought probably look up some tutorials. 😆
Neiman Marcus had 20% cash back through Rakuten yesterday, plus a gift card event. The white St Marc top handle was there. I kept remembering your words “make it happen”!
:hrmm:

But I resisted! I am really trying to buy fewer things, even though they are so cute, because too many bags overwhelm me when they are all here. But it would be so cute, imagining all the twillies that could be put on! I have a large cream satchel, but I don’t have any truly white bags, and I want one. Time to go watch more anti-haul / personal finance YouTube videos…

This is interesting about the staff potentially not feeling a need to show any effort in treating you well because there are so many customers. Your story made me think of a friend telling me about a weird waitress experience this week, and so many other happenings where people don't behave professionally. They were eating out having a nice time with friends, and the waitress gave a long sob story with TMI. It made everyone uncomfortable, and they weren't sure whether to leave a huge tip or suspect a scam. It was unprofessional; she made everyone feel bad and ruined a fun night. Then again, I have had people tell me fascinating tmi stories relating to whatever I was shopping for, and I didn't mind, and showed interest. If I had been there and noticed the waitress in distress, I would have asked if she was okay, and that would have made sharing appropriate. But that group didn't notice anything or ask her to share. Maybe the LV staff need to be shown how to treat you--example, go in the store next time with a big smile, and when it's your turn walk right up and ask for help. Maintain eye contact, don't budge, like you expect them to do their job and show you the bags, and have a blast. I want to hear about it! 😄 It's easy for me to say since I've never been to LV, and do not tolerate being harrassed by sales people. I prefer to take my time until I know what I want and then go to them, but it would be strange to have no one willing to then show me the item. I wouldn't find that part fun. So I can imagine how annoying that can be.

I hope you get to see all the bags you want to see and enjoy choosing a favorite!
My mother is that person to show you how to treat her. She doesn’t even try, it’s natural. She went with me to pick up my one LV. I’ve been there 3 times and was always attended to quickly and kindly. But my mother was all over the store, touching everything, trying on a necklace. She really treated it like it was just any other store.

I’m sorry, @Iamminda that your LV shopping experience was less than stellar. I hope you find a good new SA soon! Or, maybe you don’t need to, since this is your last year …

Neiman Marcus had 20% cash back through Rakuten yesterday, plus a gift card event. The white St Marc top handle was there. I kept remembering your words “make it happen”!

But I resisted! I am really trying to buy fewer things, even though they are so cute, because too many bags overwhelm me when they are all here. But it would be so cute, imagining all the twillies that could be put on! I have a large cream satchel, but I don’t have any truly white bags, and I want one. Time to go watch more anti-haul / personal finance YouTube videos…
I love that--going to watch videos related to finance instead of bags, lol!! And I know what you mean. I love to change out my collection but once I get "too many" I get overwhelmed.

Hopefully you will find something that makes you feel as fabulous as you are! I can’t wait to see what you choose!
Why is it your last year for purchasing? :eek:

Good job resisting. Sorry I am an enabler :lol: If you already have a bunch of twillies then it's fun and they will be put to good use. Otherwise it's one expense leading to another. I don't consider Coach Chalk to be true white because it just isn't. I found Coach Legacy mini Tanner and Coach Bleecker Preston to be true white though.
PXL_20230518_152346292.jpg
Screenshot_20230906-180211.png

Things from the past so they will be hard to find NWT but they do show up once in a while on the resale platforms.

Good job resisting. Sorry I am an enabler :lol: If you already have a bunch of twillies then it's fun and they will be put to good use. Otherwise it's one expense leading to another. I don't consider Coach Chalk to be true white because it just isn't. I found Coach Legacy mini Tanner and Coach Bleecker Preston to be true white though.
View attachment 5985972
View attachment 5985973

Things from the past so they will be hard to find NWT but they do show up once in a while on the resale platforms.
I still love my white mini Preston! The blue trim makes the white really glow.