Introducing Sabrina!

Let's talk about the Alto leather. I love it, but I baby my Alto handbags because I'm afraid they will get scratched. What has been your experience with the Alto leather?
I'm wondering the same thing because I baby my Flo's to minimize scratches so I know I would have half a heart attack if I invested in the alto and got it all scratched up. This bag is soooooooo "moneyed" - in the words of Lisa LOL! I feel like I "need" one.

I saw her a few weeks back at the South Coast retail store. She has a very feminine and sophisticated shape! I also like the updated logo. It's made like a luggage tag and wraps around the metal hardware of the logo, even though it covers "Dooney".

She's a medium-sized satchel, a little bit smaller than the large Wilson bag.

I will try to see if she's at the South Coast store again and take some mod shots. Last time they had her in red, but hopefully they have her in the other colors this time too!

I haven't found the Elena satchel in Saddle yet, so maybe the Sabrina will be a good alternative. But Elena has those handy side pockets! >.<

Hopefully Dooney's Trade-In program will let me use my credit on it. Will she be too new to ask a trade-in for?

Ahiko, you finally found your trade in and Alto too, dooney read your mind!! The bag is beautiful and absolutely regal. Go for it and let us know how it is!

This bag is gorgeous! It says that it is available in grey, but there is no swatch to see online. Does anybody know what shade of grey this is in alto? Light grey or dark grey? Any real life sightings? I had wanted the Flo satchel in grey, but am seriously thinking of the Sabrina in grey. I have 6 Flo satchels so maybe it's time for something different.

Let's talk about the Alto leather. I love it, but I baby my Alto handbags because I'm afraid they will get scratched. What has been your experience with the Alto leather?

I'm wondering the same thing because I baby my Flo's to minimize scratches so I know I would have half a heart attack if I invested in the alto and got it all scratched up. This bag is soooooooo "moneyed" - in the words of Lisa LOL! I feel like I "need" one.

I had an Alto in Natural. It was a tote type purse that fit snugly under your shoulder, so it didn't get scratched TOO badly, but I would get some light ones. When the patina darkened on the Natural color, it wasn't so noticeable and to be honest, the light scratches gave the purse more character.

I'm pretty accepting with leather getting scratches, so it doesn't bother me so much, but it's definitely a purse that you have to be careful with. I was lucky that my scratches weren't so deep, but I really don't think you can buff them out like the Florentine purses. I would recommend not to use a bare finger to buff scratches out. I always made sure to bring a large microfiber cloth in all my purses to clean up any scratches. Alto doesn't seem to take finger oils as much as Florentine does, but I did handle the Alto on its edges as much as possible.

My Florentine Smith bag in Natural scratched wayy more easily than my Alto Shoulder Gusset Flap and they're both tote type bags. I was able to buff away most scratches on the Smith, so I didn't feel like I needed to be too careful about him. The Alto I definitely needed to care for, so I only used it for work and nothing else.

The one time I brought it out for errands, oil got on it and ruined the leather, :sad: so I traded it in and am shopping for a new Alto.

I absolutely love how the patina sets in on the Alto. I love it much more than how Florentine's patina sets in. Also, the Alto leather is very fine, refined and on a different level of luxury and craftsmanship compared to the Florentine when it's not beaten up at the outlets.

I see Florentines as my nicer "casual" purses. Altos and Alto Sellaio would be the "luxury" purse that you'd carry around for status and not every day. Depends on your needs for a purse.. All-Weather Leather for rainy days, Dillen/Florentine/etc for every day. Alto for work or lunch with your girlfriends, but definitely not for casual shopping/groceries.

I would get compliments from guys saying they liked my purse, which was the most surprising experience of having an Alto! :biggrin:

Ahiko, you finally found your trade in and Alto too, dooney read your mind!! The bag is beautiful and absolutely regal. Go for it and let us know how it is!

I think I might jump on it!! I've been busy with exams and picking up a second job, so hopefully I have time this weekend to visit the South Coast store. :smile: :smile:

This bag is gorgeous! It says that it is available in grey, but there is no swatch to see online. Does anybody know what shade of grey this is in alto? Light grey or dark grey? Any real life sightings? I had wanted the Flo satchel in grey, but am seriously thinking of the Sabrina in grey. I have 6 Flo satchels so maybe it's time for something different.

I'm thinking it might be the same color grey as the Alto Sellaio line in Lyra Mag's D&B Fall 2014 blog post. But it could be different since Sabrina is in the regular Alto line.

IMG_6654.jpg

Last edited:
I had an Alto in Natural. It was a tote type purse that fit snugly under your shoulder, so it didn't get scratched TOO badly, but I would get some light ones. When the patina darkened on the Natural color, it wasn't so noticeable and to be honest, the light scratches gave the purse more character.

I'm pretty accepting with leather getting scratches, so it doesn't bother me so much, but it's definitely a purse that you have to be careful with. I was lucky that my scratches weren't so deep, but I really don't think you can buff them out like the Florentine purses. I would recommend not to use a bare finger to buff scratches out. I always made sure to bring a large microfiber cloth in all my purses to clean up any scratches. Alto doesn't seem to take finger oils as much as Florentine does, but I did handle the Alto on its edges as much as possible.

My Florentine Smith bag in Natural scratched wayy more easily than my Alto Shoulder Gusset Flap and they're both tote type bags. I was able to buff away most scratches on the Smith, so I didn't feel like I needed to be too careful about him. The Alto I definitely needed to care for, so I only used it for work and nothing else.

The one time I brought it out for errands, oil got on it and ruined the leather, :sad: so I traded it in and am shopping for a new Alto.

I absolutely love how the patina sets in on the Alto. I love it much more than how Florentine's patina sets in. Also, the Alto leather is very fine, refined and on a different level of luxury and craftsmanship compared to the Florentine when it's not beaten up at the outlets.

I see Florentines as my nicer "casual" purses. Altos and Alto Sellaio would be the "luxury" purse that you'd carry around for status and not every day. Depends on your needs for a purse.. All-Weather Leather for rainy days, Dillen/Florentine/etc for every day. Alto for work or lunch with your girlfriends, but definitely not for casual shopping/groceries.

I would get compliments from guys saying they liked my purse, which was the most surprising experience of having an Alto! :biggrin:

IMG_6654.jpg

Thanks for the break down. I would have never thought about carrying a microfiber cloth to help with scratches. Hopefully I'll be able to get one when they make it to the outlets or if I do another trade-in.

Crap! &#10084;&#10084; &#128584;&#128584;&#128584; They have the red and the grey I have been eyeing...... Its a little smaller than I like my satchels, but it prob wouldn't be an everyday bag anyway.....&#128527;&#128527;&#128527;&#128527;

I visited the South Coast store the other day.

Here are the Sabrinas! I wish I got a mod shot, but the sales ladies were a little bit too attentive. :sad:

I saw it in Saddle too. I really like them!! They're so classy. :biggrin:

The picture with the red Sabrina has a shot of the the Alto Sellaio Eloisa. It looks like they're bunching Alto and Alto Sellaio into the same display.

Attachments

• sabrina1.PNG
    sabrina1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
  • sabrina2.PNG
    sabrina2.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 501

Here are the Sabrinas! I wish I got a mod shot, but the sales ladies were a little bit too attentive. :sad:

The picture with the red Sabrina has a shot of the the Alto Sellaio Eloisa. It looks like they're bunching Alto and Alto Sellaio into the same display.

Stunning! Thanks for the photos.

Super, super pretty!!! I like. A lot.

Did you happen to see this in grey in the store? What shade of grey is the alto leather?