Introducing my holy grail and more!

Ok, now the embarassing part....

Pics of my collection (black City is missing) and then, pics of the bags I actually like and use (notice how I hope the flat hobo will be one of them? :lol: ;) )

It's funny how even after being a longtime Balenciaga fan I still make so many mistakes, I see a bag, fall in love with it, but then something happens and it's not exactly right...

My biggest sorrow is being lucky enough to find a mystery green First, and then realising that I only need one First and it should be in a vibrant color. I wish I'd found the green in a City, but then, they are so rare that I was lucky just to find it in general.
The Purse... Another sad story. I love this style, it's so cute, but I decided that I prefer the edgier and larger styles.
The Twiggy... So wrong on me! Even though I never wear it I like to pet the fabulous 2005 leather. This was my first bbag and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

In the second pic, clockwise from top left:
Plomb Day, black Work, lilac Hobo, magenta First, emerald Oval, blue 03 City, lilac City.
I'm in love with each and every one of these bags for different reasons:
The Day, it's so slouchy and casual and cool! And I love the color, it's so shimmery, like graphite.

The Work, it has such a nice and "clean" shape, like the City but without the fussy bunny ears (phrase courtesy of Alaska). And with the longer handles it's so easy to wear on the shoulder. I'm hoping to get another work from the spring season, most likely Magenta!

The magenta First: I love the color but I'm too much of a minimalist to carry it in anything bigger than a First... LOL!

The emerald Oval. LOVE. I wear it every weekend, it's a lovely shape, and I'm really glad that I have it in emerald because it's a year round color.

The blue 03 City. It has such thin and smooshy leather at once that it convinced me that this is the type of leather that I actually love, but it's rare to find. The color is my favourite blue, along with cornflower. I think I've heard some people call it Jean Blue, and I totally agree, it's the perfect color to wear with jeans.

The lilac 2006 City. Now, I know that spring 2006 had dubious leather, but please go back to page 1 of this thread and have a look at the leather on this beauty. Yes! :drool: Proof that you can find nice leather in any season. This bag has the thickest, heaviest and most durable leather of all my bbags. It took ages to break it in!

I guess I wish I could make do with only a few bbags... In theory, I think that 4 or 5 would be an ideal number, but I love different aspects of all of my bags. I must be a little crazy!

Attachments

• IMGP5049.jpg
    IMGP5049.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGP5053.JPG
    IMGP5053.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 47
Oh, I got the snowman charm from a Juicy Couture boutique in NYC. I think it was on 5th Avenue, around 15th or 16th St. If I'd known that the Juicy charms are so rare in Europe, I'd buy many more!
Thankfully, my dear buddy from the Holiday exchange, Simona7, got me another Juicy charm, an evening sandal with sparkly crystals, that I put on my black Work but will look great on the blue City as well!

Oh and with the wee Snowman charm..that leather is beyond perfection..congrats..you inspire me to keep looking for an '05 teal first!..dreams DO come true..:yes:

Dreams do come true, you just have to be patient! I'm sure you'll find the perfect teal First! Have you seen teal irl? It's so beautiful, pics can't do it justice!

OH YOU FOUND IT!!!!!
I know, you had the HG 03 lilac in your signature forever!!! She is soo ooo beautiful...:love: I LOVE the look of flat hobos! Maybe you will find more 03 lilac in other styles~!

danae, your collection is breathtaking!! :love: Your lilac hobo is gorgeous...I'm glad to hear you've finally found your HG! Congrats! :yahoo:
I also agree with you about the '06 lilac. I know many others were disappointed in the 2006 season, but my lilac city, IMO, has one of the most beautiful leather out of all the bags I own.
Cute snowman, too! I love the Juicy charms, and had to restrain myself to get only a few of them. :P

OMG:nuts::nuts::nuts:!!!!!!!
A GORGEOUS bag for a GORGEOUS girl- at long last you've found your '03 Lilac, YEAHHHHHHHHH:yahoo:!!!
I am SO happy for you...you totally deserve it! And just look at that pillowy, smooshy, gorgeous leather:love:...
And I need to pick my jaw back off the floor after looking at your perfect collection! Everything is the perfect size or colour for a well-rounded and diverse Bal family.
!hanks for sharing and when are you coming to Toronto, missy;)?

Thank you, Bridget! :smile: Actually my holy grail was lilac 03 in general and I had been waiting for ages for anything to show up, then in the span of a week, there was the flat hobo on on ebay, then a few days after that LP's flat clutch on ebay, and a City on RDC! I couldn't believe it!

cate22, I remember you lilac City, it was in your avatar for a long time! I remember it was one of the prettiest lilacs out there. Do you wear it more often? I think you were afraid to wear it because it's a light color, am I correct?

Stylefly! :heart: You are too nice, my collection is cute but I don't use my bags equally as much as they deserve... :blush::sos:
Next year I am so coming to Toronto, we owe each other a few coctails and lots of gossip! And some shopping too, hehe! I'm thinking of applying to US unis for my Master's. So it's very possible that we could meet!