Introducing Massaccesi Aphrodite in Purple/Horizon Gray!

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
So exited to introduce my Massaccesi Aphrodite in Purple/Horizon Gray. This beauty just arrived on my doorstep today (from Italy about a 5 day trip). She's just stunning with incredible workmanship. If you aren't aware, all Massaccesi handbags are handmade in an Italian atelier. You can bespoke a bag and make it even more your own. My bag was part of their standard colour choices, although I did pay a small fee to have the handle drop shortened to about 6" (from the standard 8.6"). Now my next big question is what to order next! :graucho:

The leather is great and I can't wait to see it break in a bit. Even though it appears a more casual bag, there is still structure to it. I'm curious over time if the leather will soften a bit and be more slouchy. Oh! It also comes with a messenger strap (that is adjustable). It feels very comfortable carrying messenger style. It fits closely to your body and isn't bulky. I think over winter I'll be carrying it messenger style most of the time.

Here are some photos I took just now in natural light. I think they are a good indication of the true colour. I'm going to be posting a lot of photos, including what I'll carry in her so you can see how much room there is.

I'm very pleased with my first Masseccesi!

Attachments

• IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    542.7 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 556
Congratulations!!!

I have missed your bag reveals...you always take such wonderful pictures that really capture the color and bag...

Simply stunning and I agree that the biggest problem is what to order next!

Moonstarr, this is just gorgeous. I love the way the bag seems to come in a bit just near the top. The subtle detail is just gorgeous.

I love the purple and grey and am torn between this and the taupe/black combination. Enjoy wearing your new bag and post some pics once the leather breaks in a bit.

Thanks everyone! I can't get over how light this bag feels! Really comfortable. I hope over time the leather does soften a bit. I LOVE how soft the Minerva leather looks right at the start, so this is bit more structured, but I'm hoping it will get a bit slouchy with use.

Your bag is so very beautiful! Any modeling pics? It is a very graceful bag.

As close as I'll get to a modeling pic is that last photo with my hand in it. :biggrin:

Moonstarr your bag is gorgeous. Love the reveal the photos are amazing. You really do an amazing job with the great photos you posted. I love love love the purple of course I might be a little biased!!!

I really love the contrast of the gray handles and the piping it is so elegant.

I can't wait to use it for a while and see how it functions for me. I do like that I don't really need to zip it shut because it's deep enough that my "things" are at the bottom. So I can just easily reach in and grab things without worrying about the zipper and not have to worry that things will fall out easily.

The purple with the grey is a really nice combo. :smile:

I can't wait to use it for a while and see how it functions for me. I do like that I don't really need to zip it shut because it's deep enough that my "things" are at the bottom. So I can just easily reach in and grab things without worrying about the zipper and not have to worry that things will fall out easily.

The purple with the grey is a really nice combo. :smile:
Moonstarr I agree with not having to zip it closed because it is so deep. I find that my things are definitely at the bottom of the bag it is nice and deep but easy to access.

I love your color combo if I did not have the gray Aphrodite with black handles I would have selected the purple with gray handles instead of the going with all purple. I love the purple and your combination is just gorgeous.

I know you will enjoy this bag. :smile:

... and the last set!

Moonstarry, starry night! Wowwwwww, it is extraordinary! And your beautiful pictures are capturing every gorgeous angle. I am just floored. This style has lured me so much since first seeing djfmn's pix and your pictures keep me lured girl! I just love it. I think the compliment of the pebbled purple, the grey and the light gold hardware is just perfect! Marco's artistic designs continue to be so unique and keep me captive! I love your accessories too!

Enjoy this beautiful baby.............on a personal note, I am so happy she arrived on your Friday............I was really pulling for that!!!!!! Hugs!