Introducing Massaccesi Aphrodite in Purple/Horizon Gray!

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So exited to introduce my Massaccesi Aphrodite in Purple/Horizon Gray. This beauty just arrived on my doorstep today (from Italy about a 5 day trip). She's just stunning with incredible workmanship. If you aren't aware, all Massaccesi handbags are handmade in an Italian atelier. You can bespoke a bag and make it even more your own. My bag was part of their standard colour choices, although I did pay a small fee to have the handle drop shortened to about 6" (from the standard 8.6"). Now my next big question is what to order next! :graucho:

The leather is great and I can't wait to see it break in a bit. Even though it appears a more casual bag, there is still structure to it. I'm curious over time if the leather will soften a bit and be more slouchy. Oh! It also comes with a messenger strap (that is adjustable). It feels very comfortable carrying messenger style. It fits closely to your body and isn't bulky. I think over winter I'll be carrying it messenger style most of the time.

Here are some photos I took just now in natural light. I think they are a good indication of the true colour. I'm going to be posting a lot of photos, including what I'll carry in her so you can see how much room there is.

I'm very pleased with my first Masseccesi!

Attachments

Odebdo

Luv my labs!
O.G.
Mar 15, 2009
Land of Labradors!
Congratulations!!!

I have missed your bag reveals...you always take such wonderful pictures that really capture the color and bag...

Simply stunning and I agree that the biggest problem is what to order next!

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Along the Thames
Moonstarr, this is just gorgeous. I love the way the bag seems to come in a bit just near the top. The subtle detail is just gorgeous.

I love the purple and grey and am torn between this and the taupe/black combination. Enjoy wearing your new bag and post some pics once the leather breaks in a bit.

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PICTURES! :woohoo::woohoo: Yes, I am shouting. With glee!

I can't wait to hear about how she wears, MoonieStarry! She looks SO comfortable!

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks everyone! I can't get over how light this bag feels! Really comfortable. I hope over time the leather does soften a bit. I LOVE how soft the Minerva leather looks right at the start, so this is bit more structured, but I'm hoping it will get a bit slouchy with use.

Your bag is so very beautiful! Any modeling pics? It is a very graceful bag.
As close as I'll get to a modeling pic is that last photo with my hand in it. :biggrin:

djfmn

Massaccesi Little Muse (acid green nappa)
O.G.
Mar 30, 2006
Palm Coast, Florida
Moonstarr your bag is gorgeous. Love the reveal the photos are amazing. You really do an amazing job with the great photos you posted. I love love love the purple of course I might be a little biased!!!

I really love the contrast of the gray handles and the piping it is so elegant.

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I can't wait to use it for a while and see how it functions for me. I do like that I don't really need to zip it shut because it's deep enough that my "things" are at the bottom. So I can just easily reach in and grab things without worrying about the zipper and not have to worry that things will fall out easily.

The purple with the grey is a really nice combo. :smile:

djfmn

Massaccesi Little Muse (acid green nappa)
O.G.
Mar 30, 2006
Palm Coast, Florida
I can't wait to use it for a while and see how it functions for me. I do like that I don't really need to zip it shut because it's deep enough that my "things" are at the bottom. So I can just easily reach in and grab things without worrying about the zipper and not have to worry that things will fall out easily.

The purple with the grey is a really nice combo. :smile:
Moonstarr I agree with not having to zip it closed because it is so deep. I find that my things are definitely at the bottom of the bag it is nice and deep but easy to access.

I love your color combo if I did not have the gray Aphrodite with black handles I would have selected the purple with gray handles instead of the going with all purple. I love the purple and your combination is just gorgeous.

I know you will enjoy this bag. :smile:

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
O.G.
Dec 11, 2009
... and the last set!

Moonstarry, starry night! Wowwwwww, it is extraordinary! And your beautiful pictures are capturing every gorgeous angle. I am just floored. This style has lured me so much since first seeing djfmn's pix and your pictures keep me lured girl! I just love it. I think the compliment of the pebbled purple, the grey and the light gold hardware is just perfect! Marco's artistic designs continue to be so unique and keep me captive! I love your accessories too!

Enjoy this beautiful baby.............on a personal note, I am so happy she arrived on your Friday............I was really pulling for that!!!!!! Hugs!