Interested in Rib rhino! China or Taiwan?

resinart

Jun 10, 2020
Hi all! I am a female from Singapore, looking to get a Rib rhinoplasty. I have a typical SEA nose (uploaded picture), here are the list of "problems" with my nose: flat and bulbous, wide uneven nostril, deviated septum, large nose tip, slightly retracted columella nasi, enlarged turbinates due to allergic rhinitis, and "sunken" mid face (paranasal area). I have had fillers and thread lift done in the past, 2018 and before that. The residual fillers did not completely dissolve have broadened and stretched my nose laterally by a lot.

I have decided to settle for a rib rhino because it gives the nicest effect and is able to fix the nose to an ideal look, as compared to foreign materials. I have cancelled out popular nose job countries like Thailand and Korea (except VIP).

I cancelled out Thailand because I simply do not agree with their aesthetic (overly high axis, no regards for facial harmony etc), furthermore, I do not see any doctors performing rib rhino there. Same goes for Korea (Weird alar reduction, over showing of nostril and lack of columella which gives a piggy nose effect), they do have some clinics that does Rib rhino (Dr Jin, GNG etc) but after looking at the B&A pictures, only VIP stood out to me.

I then narrow my search down to Taiwan and China. Information is easier to find for Taiwan. China not so much, most of the China B&A I saw were from this App called RED.

I have consulted these doctors / clinics for a quote to fix the problems as stated: VIP (Korea), Dr Kao (Tai Pei) and Dr Ryan Hsu (kao Shiung). The quotes I've gotten were approximately: $16k USD, $11k USD and $14k USD respectively. The procedures would be: Full rib rhino to heighten nose, reduce nostril size and alar, refine tip, lengthen columella nasi, fix deviation, turbinoplasty, and lastly, mid face augmentation via Rib cartilage.

I have read forums and the consensus seems to be that Dr Kao is more costly than Dr Hsu. However in this case I was quoted $3k USD more by Dr Hsu. Are these fair prices for my case?

Also, I have been browsing RED recently and the nose job cases look super good. There is not much english info about nose jobs in China though, my mandarin is horrible so that makes it hard for me to check up information. Any one has experience? Please share!

nose.jpg

I've heard Japan is good for natural looking rhinoplasties. They are also transparent about the prices as they are listed on their websites but they don't tend to have interpreters apparently.

I've heard Japan is good for natural looking rhinoplasties. They are also transparent about the prices as they are listed on their websites but they don't tend to have interpreters apparently.
i think japan is kinda expensive? the last time I calculated it was about $22k, excluding paranasal work done. I also prerfer china's "natural" aesthetic :biggrin:

most likely ya
So far for Korea I only know these clinics the use rib: GNG (has bad review here, you can search it up), VIP (very expensive but results seem good), Dr Jin premium nose clinic (style is too natural for my liking), Hanabi (only heard of them recently).

Taiwan probably has more to offer than Dr Kao and Hsu for ribs, but these two are the most common names I've heard.

Have you narrowed down on the clinics/ doctors?

Reactions: Sukay505
So far for Korea I only know these clinics the use rib: GNG (has bad review here, you can search it up), VIP (very expensive but results seem good), Dr Jin premium nose clinic (style is too natural for my liking), Hanabi (only heard of them recently).

Taiwan probably has more to offer than Dr Kao and Hsu for ribs, but these two are the most common names I've heard.

Have you narrowed down on the clinics/ doctors?

Yes, I narrowed 2 clinics, not sure which one to go for, how about you? Have you narrowed down any of the clinics?

1. http://www.justmake.tw/index.htm
2. https://www.aphrodite.com.tw/

Yes, I narrowed 2 clinics, not sure which one to go for, how about you? Have you narrowed down any of the clinics?

1. http://www.justmake.tw/index.htm
2. https://www.aphrodite.com.tw/
Those 3 that I consulted (VIP, dr kao, dr hsu) were my narrowed searches. I may find more china doctors and research! The B&As are really too amazing, just a pity that there isn’t much info anywhere about Plastic sugrery in China. I know Korea is the PS capital but I’ve seen some really bad work.

Reactions: ps4479 and Sukay505