Instant reveal - my very first Balenciaga and I got her for just $324!

thanks for the reply! also to Bisoux78 :smile:
u guys in the US are so lucky! i love how Barneys, Nordstrom etc. all have full stores dedicated to discounted goods. shall make it a point to go this Summer when i head to Cali!

here in London, you might see Selfridges doing these refurb sales occasionally but even then it's only one TINY section of the entire store… :nogood:

But still I love London that it provides every designer brands that people can think of. I do miss London, especially , Balenciaga Mount Street.:P

Gorgeous! I have found some great refurb items too, at the Rack in Carmel Mtn., San Diego.

My last was a Vince Camuto Avery Hobo for $90! Regularly $400, I think.... Lots of good Minkoff and MJ too....

Yep - I have 3 MJs and 4 RM refurbs from the Rack- plus I've picked up several for friends.

Gorgeous! I have found some great refurb items too, at the Rack in Carmel Mtn., San Diego.

My last was a Vince Camuto Avery Hobo for $90! Regularly $400, I think.... Lots of good Minkoff and MJ too....

You have to understand - this doesn't happen every day. I'd say several times a year at best. This year I saw Saint Laurent, Proenza Schouler, and Celine - and I've passed on them because they weren't for me. It's a waiting game and a lot of frequent visits. I'm lucky enough to live 5 minutes from a store :smile:

thanks for the reply! also to Bisoux78 :smile:
u guys in the US are so lucky! i love how Barneys, Nordstrom etc. all have full stores dedicated to discounted goods. shall make it a point to go this Summer when i head to Cali!

here in London, you might see Selfridges doing these refurb sales occasionally but even then it's only one TINY section of the entire store… :nogood:

But still I love London that it provides every designer brands that people can think of. I do miss London, especially , Balenciaga Mount Street.:P

Oh true, London's got a lot more stand-alone boutiques. I do love Mount St… It's gorgeous! Balenciaga, the new Celine flagship and Moynat just a stone's throw away from each other *sigh*

Thanks guys! I love Nordstrom Rack - I used to go all the time when I visited in California and they finally brought them to the East Coast :smile: At the Rack they sell worn and refurbished items for a fraction (usually 60-85% off) of the retail cost. All it means is someone returned it (Nordstrom has a pretty amazing return policy) so they clean it up and sell it at the Rack. I've picked up a bunch of refurb bags and some of them look brand new - others have a mark or two. My Balenciaga did not come with the original tags, dustbag and one of the leather tassles. I just used the one from the mirror (which I don't need anyway). But for this price I don't care - I was buying it to use, not to resell so those things aren't important to me for this bag.

So lucky on your amazing find! The nicest bag I ever saw (and bought) refurbished from Nordstrom Rack was a Tory Burch bag. I go to the one in Union Square...Was that where you found the Velo?

Actually the best refurb bag I got at 14th street was a Rebecca Minkoff. I suspect the employees grab up the best stuff there. Once when I was in the dressing room I overheard some employees hanging up some transfers and I heard them talking about a $99 Missoni dress. When I finished trying my stuff on I went over and asked if I could look at the stuff they were putting out and they showed me a bunch of stuff - but no Missoni :sad: I've done better in the NJ store.

So lucky on your amazing find! The nicest bag I ever saw (and bought) refurbished from Nordstrom Rack was a Tory Burch bag. I go to the one in Union Square...Was that where you found the Velo?