Input -- Looking for a Big Bag/Tote Bag

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay...we've been bathing the kids and putting them to bed. Ahhh. Peace and quiet.:P Thank you so much for your suggestions.

To respond to some of your suggestions: I've tried the traditional diaper bag route (Fleurville, Kombi) and designer diaper bags (Coach and Kate Spade). They're just not funky enough for me. Right now, I've got a SkipHop for a diaper bag, but I'm looking for a cool, big bag that I could throw the kids stuff into. (Wouldn't want to do that with the Paddy or the Bayswater.) The Elgin is cool, and I like the Roxanne, but I'm not sure how heavy the Roxanne is going to be. And, I don't think I'll get the pink one from Bob Ellis even though it's a good deal. I know it sounds contradictory to put the stuff in one Mulberry but not the other, but if I get a bag that I know might get a little messy from the get-go, then I'm OK with that. What do you guys think about a Marc Jacobs tote? (I'm not really into the Burberry plaid:biggrin:).

I suggest Gucci, they actually have a Gucci diaper bag, but it looks a little more like a travel bag (only Mothers might know that it's the Gucci diaper bag). I have a 11 month old and have serious considered it, but ended up getting a fleurville bag as a gift (also great bag). Otherwise, also Gucci, has very good size bucket totes which are great great great to carry around all the baby gear (carry on shoulder). Gucci no doubt is classic and it's monogram isn't too out there, afterwards when babies are grown, it still makes for a great tote.

As the single mom to a 4 year old, I've yet to find any diaper bag that looks great AND is all-purpose. The Kate Spade/Coach ones are hideous. The LV one looks like a fat laptop bag. What I ended up doing was use an old-school Coach bucket tote as my stroller diaper bag; a basic black backpack as my travel diaper bag; and for quick jaunts around town, I would throw some wipes and pull-ups in whatever handbag I was carrying. I know some women who use their Fendi Spy or a Balenciaga Office as their diaper bag/purse.

I guess if you want to really cheap how about checking the Gap? Sometimes they have some big totes that aren't too bad. Might be something for you to use instead of buying something higher priced just to throw some diapers and stuff in.

okay here's traditonal....

Attachments

• Calvien Klein Waxed Mini tote.jpg
    Calvien Klein Waxed Mini tote.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 28
  • prodImage-1.jpg
    prodImage-1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 27
  • prodImage.jpg
    prodImage.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 30
  • prodImage-2.jpg
    prodImage-2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 30
Here's Funky....If any of these are remotely cute, just tell me, I will give you all the specs, their all under 1000!:nuts:

Attachments

• p10883230_ph_hero.jpg
    p10883230_ph_hero.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 28
  • p10902534_ph_hero.jpg
    p10902534_ph_hero.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 26
  • p10947767_ph_hero.jpg
    p10947767_ph_hero.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 31
  • prodImage-3.jpg
    prodImage-3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 28
  • prodImage-4.jpg
    prodImage-4.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 27
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your continued suggestions. I checked out Gucci and Ghurka and looked at the suggestions from CoUtuReLoVe (thanks, btw), and right now, I'm just not sure which way to go. The Gucci is interesting -- the one with the scarf woven through the top (but, not sure about the scarf thing). Jimmy Choo's new tote is also cool, and I still like the Elgin. The IF bag is cute, but it may be too overwhelming for me -- I want to wear the bag, not the other way around which is hard when you're petite. So much to think about!

Thanks for all your ideas!

esiders said:
As the single mom to a 4 year old, I've yet to find any diaper bag that looks great AND is all-purpose. The Kate Spade/Coach ones are hideous. The LV one looks like a fat laptop bag. What I ended up doing was use an old-school Coach bucket tote as my stroller diaper bag; a basic black backpack as my travel diaper bag; and for quick jaunts around town, I would throw some wipes and pull-ups in whatever handbag I was carrying. I know some women who use their Fendi Spy or a Balenciaga Office as their diaper bag/purse.

Oh, geez. After reading all of today's posts...now I'm interested in the Balenciaga Office/Work. Yikes!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your input. I decided to try the Balenciaga Work/Office bag. Just ordered a black one from Barney's. (Christina, I know you're not a fan of black, but my options were Black and Bone and the bone would get dirty in a minute -- either from me or from my two babies! Probably me, though.:P).

I decided to order from Barney's so if it's too big or I don't like the non-shoulder factor, I can return it and get all my money back. Luckily for me the Office is less popular so it was available today!

Now, I've got to stop buying bags for awhile!:biggrin:

ayla said:
What about Burberry totes ? Their shapes are classic and I love the print, it's just timeless. Plus you can score one for under 200$ on designergoodsonline !

ayla...

Are those bags on designergoodsonline authentic??? does anyone happen to know. I'm interested in getting a burberry tote... not sure if it's authentic??? Also some of the Fendi purses are going for $150. Is that for real?????