Influencers and Hermes

I have no sympathy for the person who was stupid and desperate enough to pay her 2997. Also why is it 2997. Why not a whole number? Why the three dollars from 3000? Does she think that people will think it’s a better deal like when you go to target or macys and something is 99.99 and not 100? I’m confused. :confused1:
It's a little harsh to call someone stupid and desperate. Let's not hate the players, let's hate the game.

It's a little harsh to call someone stupid and desperate. Let's not hate the players, let's hate the game.

Knowing there's a 'game' then lining-up to play it is also kind of silly if they are then going to yell about the unfairness of it all.

Influencers are themselves part of that game too.

Some people do wear the H-badge of 'desperation' and their gullibility lives under the stupid-H umbrella. Marketing H-experience as 1:1 life-coaching is offering a service however parasitic in nature. But paying for such a service (when you could be buying nice things at Hermes, adding to your customer profile for the same money) is not exactly bright.

Yes, of course: Don't go alone, take your husband or children with you. Either go early, or late before closing, try to establish a rapport with your SA before asking for a bag, if you're on a multi-day trip, go every day, if you are in Paris and you don't get in through the lottery system, try to use that to your advantage. The Nice store is not connected to the rest of France, so whatever bag you are offered there, does not affect your chances elsewhere. Do not ask to speak to the manager, always be polite, dress well, wear all your Hermes stuff if possible. If you stay at a nice hotel, ask the concierge to make an appointment for you. If you plan your trip in advance, ask your local SA to help you get in touch with an SA over there. Try to show enthusiasm for all Hermes goods. (I apologize in advance if my sharing this is not allowed, I was super upset at having bought something which was purely common sense. I honestly thought there might be something more to it.)
you are a hero @drvogue

I don’t see how any of those tips can 100% guarantee getting a QB. I think Tania’s biggest tactic for her hustle is making ridiculous statements like these with such confidence. unless of course she is sourcing the QB herself :angel: -lol sorry.

I don’t think so at all. These are nice bags but no one needs a bag especially one over 10k. I have seen so much desperation for these bags and complete foolishness in some who try to acquire one. If one wants to spend 50 bucks ok - there are still better uses. But 2997.00??? That is insanity imo. That person needs to have their head examined. All the advice is available for free here on tpf or Reddit. Heck just go dm crowcounted or 880 or the countless others who’ve shopped h for a long time. The game is what it is and people say don’t hate the player hate the game. However, when people feel the need to PAY someone some astronomical amount WITHOUT the GUARANTEE of a bag from H - that is the definition of stupidity.

I am sometimes shocked by the normalization of client h games and desperation. Other things that are not normal include shopping every week and stopping to say hi to the sa and bringing her treats in hopes for a bag, buying tons of things one doesn’t really like but convincing themselves they buy only what they love and then reselling it all in fb groups, visiting multiple cities and trying to establish sa relationships for more qb because 2 or even 4 if you have a so profile isn’t enough. Some of these clients today are truly nuts, foolish, desperate and stupid.

I am sometimes shocked by the normalization of client h games and desperation. Other things that are not normal include shopping every week and stopping to say hi to the sa and bringing her treats in hopes for a bag, buying tons of things one doesn’t really like but convincing themselves they buy only what they love and then reselling it all in fb groups, visiting multiple cities and trying to establish sa relationships for more qb because 2 or even 4 if you have a so profile isn’t enough. Some of these clients today are truly nuts, foolish, desperate and stupid.
This is something she encourages in her videos, multiple profiles in multiple cities and countries... I'm afraid it is becoming even more common to do this... :confused1:

I think a lot of people here are mocking others and trying to portray self confidence of an H insider who patiently waits for the next bag and in the mean time care free spends tens of thousands while they are either just as self conscious or are here because they need advice just the same. And some are just better at hiding desperation than others.
When I first came to the US, I was trying to fit in and have done and said things they I am sure looked and sounded stupid, naive, desperate. I could have used many manuals. Some people were kind to me and some were not.
Most of you know the burning desire to have an item (or a person). So often it is irrational.
Mocking someone who is desperate for an H bag is either snobby or done to cover up own desperation.
Generally I find little judgment on these pages so I am surprised at this recent waive.

I think a lot of people here are mocking others and trying to portray self confidence of an H insider who patiently waits for the next bag and in the mean time care free spends tens of thousands while they are either just as self conscious or are here because they need advice just the same. And some are just better at hiding desperation than others.
When I first came to the US, I was trying to fit in and have done and said things they I am sure looked and sounded stupid, naive, desperate. I could have used many manuals. Some people were kind to me and some were not.
Most of you know the burning desire to have an item (or a person). So often it is irrational.
Mocking someone who is desperate for an H bag is either snobby or done to cover up own desperation.
Generally I find little judgment on these pages so I am surprised at this recent waive.
Obviously, I was curious enough to buy the $49 Paris "map" so if I'm mocking anyone, it's myself for having bought into the hype (actually I think I paid more than that because I bought the Paris along with the South of France, i want to say $75). I think there is something to be said about building confidence before you walk into the store and I think she tries to convey that idea. I'm not exactly sure how much that idea is worth to some people. I don't think there is deliberate mocking going around, just a difference of opinions.

Obviously, I was curious enough to buy the $49 Paris "map" so if I'm mocking anyone, it's myself for having bought into the hype (actually I think I paid more than that because I bought the Paris along with the South of France, i want to say $75). I think there is something to be said about building confidence before you walk into the store and I think she tries to convey that idea. I'm not exactly sure how much that idea is worth to some people. I don't think there is deliberate mocking going around, just a difference of opinions.
Well, I was actually defending those like you who bought it.

Yes, of course: Don't go alone, take your husband or children with you. Either go early, or late before closing, try to establish a rapport with your SA before asking for a bag, if you're on a multi-day trip, go every day, if you are in Paris and you don't get in through the lottery system, try to use that to your advantage. The Nice store is not connected to the rest of France, so whatever bag you are offered there, does not affect your chances elsewhere. Do not ask to speak to the manager, always be polite, dress well, wear all your Hermes stuff if possible. If you stay at a nice hotel, ask the concierge to make an appointment for you. If you plan your trip in advance, ask your local SA to help you get in touch with an SA over there. Try to show enthusiasm for all Hermes goods. (I apologize in advance if my sharing this is not allowed, I was super upset at having bought something which was purely common sense. I honestly thought there might be something more to it.)
Personally I don’t think that $49 is an outrageous charge for information. Not everyone has the time to read entire threads and even then / there is no consensus. The quality of information is another matter: What does it even mean - ‘try to connect with the SA’ it’s like saying trying to get yourself a rich husband. SA’s must be tearing their hair out. Also one definitely does not have to visit with one’s long suffering husband/wife/kids/long lost aunt, I certainly don’t.
Thank you @drvogue for sharing, (clearly other members bought this road map in the hope of securing a bag) when all is said and done $49 is not the end of the world and I would not sweat it. I do wonder though if she offers ‘refunds’ for dissatisfied customers. The truth is not everyone is going to be successful at getting a bag- there is always an element of chance.

Honestly I think what's annoying about the whole roadmap thing is how monetized every aspect of luxury community has become outside of these forums. I just watched an H unboxing video where the creator spent the first half of the video talking about her lab grown diamond sponsorship. I totally understand wanting to financially support creators and influencers, but I cannot think of a single influencer who has a large following who is not trying to sell something (whether a course, advertisements/sponsorships, PR packages, affiliate links, etc). I definitely don't mean to knock the hustle but it is refreshing to be on a platform like TPF where people we engage with on this topic are not trying to sell us something. I think this is partly why her course/roadmap/whatever it is called is so shocking to many on here, because our community collectively loves luxury and wants to help each other out for free. Influencers don't really seem to be in it the same way we are, even if there is a bit of a genuine interest.. I think self-interest takes over..

I think many of the long time h lovers here have been extremely patient with newbies on several threads even when the same question is asked over and over and over and all one needed to do was read the thread or do a word search. Kudos to all the patient long time tpfrs.

Of course everyone has had some level of questioning in their shopping experiences with h. But most longtime h clients have shopped long enough that they know kind of what to expect. Plus most are older and they don’t care about seeking validation or the flex. They’re generally confident and don’t really give a damn about what other people think.

Some long time clients I talk to these days have stopped shopping h and other luxury brands or have drastically dialed it back or are taking a break . Reasons include price increases, having enough items, competition from desperate clients, poor client service and or too much flexing going around.

The mockery is not based on snobbery but the fact that all the info and actually better info on h shopping is here for free as others have pointed out. Why on earth would anyway pay to get advice when there’s no guarantee of a bag. The level of desperation speaks volumes of the person’s emotional well being and health. In lieu of spending 3k on h shopping advice maybe that would be better spent with a therapist.

I think many of the long time h lovers here have been extremely patient with newbies on several threads even when the same question is asked over and over and over and all one needed to do was read the thread or do a word search. Kudos to all the patient long time tpfrs.

Of course everyone has had some level of questioning in their shopping experiences with h. But most longtime h clients have shopped long enough that they know kind of what to expect. Plus most are older and they don’t care about seeking validation or the flex. They’re generally confident and don’t really give a damn about what other people think.

Some long time clients I talk to these days have stopped shopping h and other luxury brands or have drastically dialed it back or are taking a break . Reasons include price increases, having enough items, competition from desperate clients, poor client service and or too much flexing going around.

The mockery is not based on snobbery but the fact that all the info and actually better info on h shopping is here for free as others have pointed out. Why on earth would anyway pay to get advice when there’s no guarantee of a bag. The level of desperation speaks volumes of the person’s emotional well being and health. In lieu of spending 3k on h shopping advice maybe that would be better spent with a therapist.

Thank. You. :yes:

I very much dislike the monetization of everything. I cannot stand the influencers who “looooove” everything brands send them when I’m looking at something I think is so ugly. It’s very much an emperors no clothes situation for me.

I also think that Hermes purchasing has changed a lot in the last few years and for people who don’t have bags yet the break in point is much higher for many and much for frustrating than it used to be. It would be great if older members realized that they are just lucky to have been able to purchase when things were a bit more chill and grant a little grace to people who are sad about the way things works now.