Influencers and Hermes

She looks like she’s been an h client for over a decade based on her ig with dozens of exotics including him. She also looks to be from Indonesia from a wealthy family. perhaps she has fallen on hard times? Perhaps she’s doing it for sport? We’ve heard that quotas don’t count for vvips bc and that revenue matters. It’s also close to end of first quarter and perhaps she and her family hit the jackpot with prespend purchases.

where is she reselling her bags?

JMO, but theres a lot of dissonance going on in her IG persona. Who lets their child unbox a kelly doll and then resells a bunch of Hermes bags that she got on supposedly 1 trip? Smells like bad pleather
I thought I said it already the other day… she is a reseller and she probably have someone/s who lives in Paris to collect everything beforehand and while there also doing buying trip. Its a common knowledge where she lives and she has many clients 😊

She looks like she’s been an h client for over a decade based on her ig with dozens of exotics including him. She also looks to be from Indonesia from a wealthy family. perhaps she has fallen on hard times? Perhaps she’s doing it for sport? We’ve heard that quotas don’t count for vvips bc and that revenue matters. It’s also close to end of first quarter and perhaps she and her family hit the jackpot with prespend purchases.
I cannot cannot CANNOT believe that H would consider someone a VVIP if they were so deep into reselling.

She’s not fallen on hard times. Probably just doing it for a side hustle because she has the access. Does being close to end of first quarter affect qb allocation?

She’s not fallen on hard times. Probably just doing it for a side hustle because she has the access. Does being close to end of first quarter affect qb allocation?
I wonder if her bags are authentic. When she unboxed them, I noticed from the IG reels that all her dustbags’ draw strings weren’t tied up. They all laid open. I have several QBs and non-QB and when I look at my old photos, all my bags’ drawstrings/flaps are either tucked or drawn.

This could mean that
1. she had unboxed them previously and laid the dustbags opened.
2. Most of her bags are from the same boutique and the SA from this boutique has a perculiar way of packing the bags up
3. These bags aren’t authentic
4. She gives specific instructions to SA on how to pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: themk888
I wonder if her bags are authentic. When she unboxed them, I noticed from the IG reels that all her dustbags’ draw strings weren’t tied up. They all laid open. I have several QBs and non-QB and when I look at my old photos, all my bags’ drawstrings/flaps are either tucked or drawn.

This could mean that
2. Most of her bags are from the same boutique and the SA from this boutique has a perculiar way of packing the bags up
All of my bag offers from my SA just have the bag in the dust bag without it being cinched/tied up. So, I don't know if her dust bags not being tied up means much.

This could mean that
The one that she unboxed on the current instagram stories has been unboxed before. She has to bring home all those items separately from the boxes and dustbags etc to avoid custom hassling you when you landed at the home country’s airport. Sometimes you shipped the boxes using forwarder or DHL. She repacked all the things back to its original box then do the unboxing again for reselling purpose.

Has anyone else noticed influencers starting to have Hermes bags?

I swear in the past like 6 months or a year, all of my favorite younger influencers have started showing off Hermes bags, black Kellys and Birkins especially. Like MVB and Babba etc etc. Do you think this is a push from Hermes and the marketing side? Are these girls getting these bags for free or discounted? Or just younger influencers starting to appreciate the craftsmanship and actually purchasing the bags themselves?

Curious if anyone had any thoughts!
I'm an old time H customer from back before most of you were born. I understand that H has to move on from my demographic, but IMO everything I loved about the brand has been ruined by the current overexposure. H has become boring to me. I have a great collection now that I would never sell, but I'm looking to move on to bespoke bag makers. I will NEVER buy another H bag.

I'm an old time H customer from back before most of you were born. I understand that H has to move on from my demographic, but IMO everything I loved about the brand has been ruined by the current overexposure. H has become boring to me. I have a great collection now that I would never sell, but I'm looking to move on to bespoke bag makers. I will NEVER buy another H bag.
This sentiment is perfectly understandable. I felt the same way about Burberry when they shifted to streetwear and a more youthful look (emblematic of their logo change, illustrated below). I remember thinking, "this ain't my brand anymore."

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 7.27.16 PM.png

But hey, this is nothing new. On that 4-hour podcast posted, it talked about the OG Hermes brothers parting ways because one wanted to stick with saddle-making and wasn't interested in the other brother's vision of adapting the product line to the automotive revolution. Even adding zippers was novel and transformative! Brands have to adapt or die.

You're in a great position to foster new and talented artisans who may eventually become the new Hermes when H itself is no longer considered cool. That day will certainly come, as it does for every brand. I like H, but as customers we should all remember that it wouldn't survive without us walking around as its billboard. Ask not what you can do for Hermes, but what Hermes can do for you. :biggrin:For me personally, I sew some of my own clothes and other times I go out on a limb and design outfits for which I get fabric and then I then get tailored. I'd say 70% of my wardrobe is custom, another 20% is from small businesses, and I greatly appreciate the ability of H bags/accessories elevating those outfits. I'm like a cook who buys fancy plates to give the impression that the food tastes better than it may actually be, haha.

Anyway, I give anyone who wants to support bespoke bag makers a big thumbs up--it's being a trend maker, and not a trend follower! Let me know if you find any good brands. People here seem to be talking about Peter Nitz and sure enough, his stuff looks gorgeous.