In Style's list of 'IT' bags

Precisely. That's what really needles me - that we are led by the nose by advertising. Try finding a lifestyle/fashion mag without the words 'must have' on the front cover. I almost got caught up in it when the Fendi Spy was big - read all the hype and was convinced I really had to have one - then came to my senses and realised I didn't actually like the bag. Nonsense or what!
Now I buy my bags because I like them and certainly not because Victoria Beckham or the like is carrying them - that's enough to put me off.

Very well said sarajane!

Ok... I'm going to apologize in advance, because I am always the dope that posts this question.:noggin:

Is this in the US version of INstyle? Feb 2007 issue? Kindly what area/ page?... or is it the book mag they just put out?? Like I said, I apologize, as I always ask this, then usually find my answer briefly after posting... but seriously... I can't find this anywhere in the regular mag...:sweatdrop:

Just a section about the Dior around the world bags... and some patent bags... (And a darling section on Christina Aguilera with not one, but TWO different balenciaga bags - used at seperate times... Love it!)

Thanks in advance!! I'm always the one that misses these things... :Push:

hello
yes is march issue of uk instyle
to put into context the article is "The rise of the It bag"
i do wish they'd replaced burberry with fendi, but the general format is designer, 1st IT bag, followed by 3 other big selling/IT bags, so for example for prada they have 1984: Black Nylon Backpack Jerry Hall and Marie Helvin couldn't live without theirs, who would have thought a nylon bag would become so big
hope this clarifies
xxx

Thank you gro 3602. This 'IT' lark just drives me mad - I've wasted literally hundreds of pounds in the past on bags because of the hype around them. Ever read any of the Shopaholic books where she obsesses about things and is convinced she will be known as 'the girl with the Chanel bag' etc? Well that was me. Now I hope I've grown up and seen sense - it took some time - I'm 43!

hello
yes is march issue of uk instyle
to put into context the article is "The rise of the It bag"
i do wish they'd replaced burberry with fendi, but the general format is designer, 1st IT bag, followed by 3 other big selling/IT bags, so for example for prada they have 1984: Black Nylon Backpack Jerry Hall and Marie Helvin couldn't live without theirs, who would have thought a nylon bag would become so big
hope this clarifies
xxx

^^ Absolutely, I didn't read the piece as a definitive list of it bags but an overview of their history from a few select designers/houses to show how trends change and fortunes fluctuate.