In praise of the Saleya

Ooo I'm soo excited too now ! I just got a Saleya MM Damier on the way that I just ordered, yesterday -- can't wait to get it! I'm moving up to Calgary in 2 months and wanted a bag that would be good for the snowy climate since we dont get much here in Houston lol and thought it would be a nice one for the move. Glad to hear all the happy sounds about this bag! Maybe I'll do the PM in Azur for the spring / summer :smile:

I love my new Damier Saleya MM :love:

It is a great size on the outside and deceptively HUGE on the inside!!! I almost bought the GM because I wanted a bag bigger than my Cabas Piano and I liked the longer handles (Saleya GM vs. MM) even though the bag was too huge for my frame (looked like luggage on me!). I almost got the PM because it is a perfect hand-held bag and so cute and elegant at the same time. But the point was that I needed a BIGGER bag and the PM is so cute but so much smaller...

But now I'm glad that the handles on the MM are the way they are because (1) I can keep the bag securely tucked under my arm during those times when my hands are full and the handles start to slip off my shoulder and I end up walking around with the bag on the crook of my arm and trying to keep it from touching the ground! [Not good when you're wearing a shoulder bag with longer straps! Anybody ever have those days?] and (2) the bag looks great as a hand-held bag or as a tote AND on the crook of the arm! So very versatile.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...the Damier canvas is virtually worry-free and low-maintenance!!!

Need I say more? ;)

P.S. The Azur is beautiful too but I don't want to deal with vachetta anymore!!!

Hi, I have a Saleya MM which I absolutely love, however there are ink stains on the microfibre lining, I'm just wondering how I could clean it.

Its great to hear people love the saleya style since it is less popular than the speedy ^-^\/ Plus, its definitely a great travelling bag.

I love love love my Azur Saleya PM. It is so fresh and pretty to look at. I can't take my eyes away from it. :love: My girlfriends all have given compliments to my Azur Saleya on how pretty it is. I have it for about a month now and it still looks brand new.

I tried on the Saleya GM at the boutique a while ago when I was looking for a large tote and wasn't a fan. Probably because I had my heart set on the Cabas Mezzo which at the time they were out of. I thought the GM looked ackward on me. I am only 5'3" and it stick out strangely from my side being that the bottom is so wide. But after seeing all the gorgeous modeling pics on here it's definitely made me rethink my stance on this bag. An MM would probably be more fitting to my frame or even a cute handheld PM. I am a prime example of what the PF can do to someone. lol

I tried on the Saleya GM at the boutique a while ago when I was looking for a large tote and wasn't a fan. Probably because I had my heart set on the Cabas Mezzo which at the time they were out of. I thought the GM looked ackward on me. I am only 5'3" and it stick out strangely from my side being that the bottom is so wide. But after seeing all the gorgeous modeling pics on here it's definitely made me rethink my stance on this bag. An MM would probably be more fitting to my frame or even a cute handheld PM. I am a prime example of what the PF can do to someone. lol

I agree, this forum is pure evil :devil:. It's a good thing I live as far as I do from the Chanel boutique...

Anyway - I would def. recommend the MM or even the PM for you. The GM is ginormous. BTW, if you were looking at my photos earlier in the thread, I am 5'8", just for reference sake!