Important Message from Ben and Toni

I'm gonna add to the cacophony of :rant::cursing::rant::cursing::rant::cursing: *bleep* :censor:

I'm (was?) expecting the black and blue sam wallets (ordered in Sept last year)--I knew the blue was on backorder when I ordered and didn't mind waiting then, but now it seems I won't even be getting the black as well???

And HH has the cheek to send an email with the title AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE blah blah blah... and starts off with a cheerful TO OUR AMAZING CUSTOMERS blah blah blah.... Maybe my English is not good, but with a heading like this, I read on expecting a piece of GOOD news--that they finally shipped my items! BUT.... @#@!$#$%#$%#@# *bleep* *bleep*...and if anyone notices it, throughout the entire message, only ONE miserable tiny apology (which didn't sound very apologetic anyway) right at the last paragraph. It seems they're more excited abt finally finding someone to produce their items (oops, "NEW" items) than they are abt the ramifications on their CS. Hello..... without your customers, you won't have to produce ANYTHING ever. period.

End of rant.

I knew that I should have bought a Maldives the first time that I fell for the design! :noggin: Non-buyer's remorse!

Not to be the Voice of Doom, but I am sure we are all thinking it...HH won't be around too much longer. All the signs are there - they opened the second NYC store and probably overstretched themselves. When you don't have product to sell, and retailers are dropping your line, something's amiss. And when you have to hang on to buyer's money for the full allowable 30 days before you refund....hmmm, they are most certainly cash strapped. They are well aware of what we all think of them and their shady practices, but at this point they can't worry about it, because they are desperately trying to stay afloat.

I agree, and I'm actually a bit torn. I really want them to survive and succeed, but at the same time I know that I shouldn't get too emotionally attached to the company b/c -- at the end of the day -- I won't get my bags if the company goes away. :s Cancelling orders will hasten any downhill momentum, but at the same time not even knowing whether products actually exist is very disconcerting.

At this point, I'm leaving my standing orders open. All my purchases were done on credit card, so I'm protected.

Not to be the Voice of Doom, but I am sure we are all thinking it...HH won't be around too much longer. All the signs are there - they opened the second NYC store and probably overstretched themselves. When you don't have product to sell, and retailers are dropping your line, something's amiss. And when you have to hang on to buyer's money for the full allowable 30 days before you refund....hmmm, they are most certainly cash strapped. They are well aware of what we all think of them and their shady practices, but at this point they can't worry about it, because they are desperately trying to stay afloat. If I had any orders in with them, I would definitely play it safe and cancel no matter how badly I wanted something - that or you are going to be out all that money. Sorry to say this, but it's pretty obvious at this point!

WM you're always the voice of reason! Sounds logical but WHY wouldn't a cash strapped company eliminate it's B&M stores that are dragging it down? I'm going to hang onto my order just because they haven't charged me yet, although if it doesn't ship by the end of Feb my order will be cancelled bc the credit card I gave them expires. I don't think I'm going to call them and give them my new expiration date and code. I have the new card now, but haven't activated yet to give HH time to possibly get me my order.

WM you're always the voice of reason! Sounds logical but WHY wouldn't a cash strapped company eliminate it's B&M stores that are dragging it down?

Umm... maybe cuz they don't operate on logic? :P

Why would a company sell things they don't even have yet and are not sure they will ever have them??

Do you all really think they are in financial trouble? It seems that way to me but I know nothing about the retail business.

I hope they can turn things around but if they aren't listening to their customers, I don't have much hope. :sad:

I think a number of their retailers have some of the nylon stuff in stock, so if you don't mind paying full price I'd just call or email everyone on HH's little retailer map on the About Us page.

I am worried that they're going down...

Umm... maybe cuz they don't operate on logic? :P

Why would a company sell things they don't even have yet and are not sure they will ever have them??

True!:smile:

OK, just looked back at amazon and everything has changed and the bags are "scheduled for release February 14, 2010". Looks like it was a communication issue between HH and amazon.

Last edited:
For anyone who feels obligated to buy more HH because they have a groupon:
I emailed groupon and told them I wanted a refund for my because I was very disappointed in Hayden-Harnett's customer service and shady business practice and no longer wanted to shop with them, and Groupon promptly replied that they are refunding me! How awesome are they?? :smile:
And I'm really sad to say that I think I will be avoiding HH completely in the future, at least until I see significant turnaround.

They were still putting this stuff on sale knowing that none of it had even made it anywhere near production? Just wow!

Yeah, that is unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. I have no other words for this. I'm dumbfounded. I just.....how do you sell something.....I can't even put my disbelief into words.

For anyone who feels obligated to buy more HH because they have a groupon:
I emailed groupon and told them I wanted a refund for my because I was very disappointed in Hayden-Harnett's customer service and shady business practice and no longer wanted to shop with them, and Groupon promptly replied that they are refunding me!

Very good to know! Thanks for the info!

So bummed about this. And for those who posted about being charged immediately when you use PayPal vs a credit card, FWIW, every order I've made has been on a credit card and all but one was charged immediately (including the one with my chocolate Bleeker - ack). And I've yet to get a refund at the 30-day mark - they've taken waayy longer than that to credit my card (and only after I made a few inquiries!)...

<sigh> I got the Bleeker (well, I *thought* I got it) for such a great price.

Still holding out small hope for my Celinas and Ramones....