I'm upset...how rude!

:biggrin: Margo Leadbetter is my all-time heroine. One day I shall be her... one day.

I also aspire to be Margo Leadbetter. I also wish I was taller as it helps with being patronising. An Aunt of mine who is tall and imposing once tried to return an outfit to a shop and was told she couldn't have refund just a credit note to which my Aunt pulled herself up to her full height, looked down her nose and said "My dear, I can't wear a credit note". She got her refund. I just wish I could call a SA "my dear".

I also aspire to be Margo Leadbetter. I also wish I was taller as it helps with being patronising. An Aunt of mine who is tall and imposing once tried to return an outfit to a shop and was told she couldn't have refund just a credit note to which my Aunt pulled herself up to her full height, looked down her nose and said "My dear, I can't wear a credit note". She got her refund. I just wish I could call a SA "my dear".

I'm 5'9" and quite imposing (so I'm told), but I don't have the cojones to evoke her innate air of superiority. Also, my RP accent is diluted by hefty doses of Lancastrian and Herefordian, so I sound a bit too rural to pull it off!

This section of The Windbreak War is probably Margo's finest hour (and also one of the greatest pieces of sitcom writing of all time in my opinion): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6pVAATxrsY

I wish I could say "pickaxe" like that!

Wouldn't you give your right arm for her wardrobe?

I'm 5'9" and quite imposing (so I'm told), but I don't have the cojones to evoke her innate air of superiority. Also, my RP accent is diluted by hefty doses of Lancastrian and Herefordian, so I sound a bit too rural to pull it off!

This section of The Windbreak War is probably Margo's finest hour (and also one of the greatest pieces of sitcom writing of all time in my opinion): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6pVAATxrsY

I wish I could say "pickaxe" like that!

Wouldn't you give your right arm for her wardrobe?
I'm to common to be Margo. My favourite of hers was when she cancelled Christmas when Fortnum's van broke down! The whole of her Christmas was in it.

She also couldn't say Merry Christmas , It was Yuletide Felicitations.

I also remember she sorted out the local council but her manners never let her down. Unlike the horrendous harpies starring in this thread.

Last edited:
What a nasty woman - well at least she demosntrated quite how much class she has with such an awful comment (ie none)! and remember she was just trying on bags - you own one, i wonder if she ever would? can you imagine living with someone like that? uggh.

I was stuck on a train with a woman this week who wouldn't move her bag off the table to allow me the space in front of the seat to put my (small) computer down and work on a long journey - she basically told me to move if i wanted more space, and I'm pregnant the size of a house. I have to admit I didn't know what to say, I've never experienced someone 'normal' being so rude on a train before, especially not a nicely dressed middle aged woman. I have to admit I started by being assertive then sunk to her level, slung my bays onto the table in to take up the rest of the room next to her scummy nylon number and did a really big sneeze (I have an awful cold) which might just have gone in her direction. Not very classy, but satisfying.

Train people can be the worst! I have had the same things happen to me lovemymulberry...table space is there to be shared! It's such a shame there are many mean, spiteful people out there, who would rather be negative in life than positive! What do they achieve by potentially ruining someone else's good mood or day?

WTF:wtf: what is going on with people who says stuff like that out loud?? And what the h... was wrong with you?? Nothing!!! She is the one there's something wrong with! Eww, nasty lady. Hope she got a good:lecture: from her husband later on that day!

And I would probaly be speachless too and then come up with some nasty stuff to say back when it was too late...lol!

I got something similar the other day.
I was rushing into Starbucks for a coffee and there were two yummy mummies sitting near the counter. I saw one of them clock my putty leopard Bayswater and she looked at me without smiling.
I was walking out with my coffee and I heard her say "what a waste of a gorgeous bag"!!!
:wtf:

I have to admit I wasn't looking my best because I had just come from the gym and was make-up free with wet-ish hair. Still rude.

and she would have got a coffee alright over her bloody head some people are so fair up there own backsides it does my head in.

we all come in this world the same way and we all got out the same.

god job it was not me in my marylin manson hoodie black jeans and bright copper hair carrying my black cc bayswater. god know what she would have said.

Last edited:
She must have been intimidated by you! You should have told her :"Good decision- not everyone can rock it like I can" That would have made her jaw drop. If only we could press a pause button and figure it out and then respond ---