I'm so upset at the moment..

Actually, in the US stores they take an imprint of your credit card when you waitlist for an item.

I don't think this is the case in all stores. For example I used to have to give my CC #, now they just call me and I go over to pick things up. But they don't have my number on file and they don't have an imprint, I think it depends how well you know your SA and how big the store is, etc. You are in NYC restricter? Perhaps since your store is so large that is why they do that. I think each store has their own policy, but regardless, you were are not at fault here and they should take your info now and place you back at the top of the list. Karman had good advice, I would ask to speak with a manager if your SA cannot help you.

Oh no!!! Please talk to the manager and see if you can secure your #1 spot again with full payment. This is not right at all. They should have told you in the beginning that you needed to place a deposit. Good luck!!!

That is unfair and not your fault - they should honour their list and just let you pay the deposit now. I don't see why they couldn't at least leave you first on the list until they could contact you about payment.
I have only had to pay a 50% deposit once and that was when the bag was due to arrive and the SA rang me, Had actually been the list for months already.

awww. that really sucks!!~ Why don't you try calling other boutiques after the launched date to see if they will do a charge send for you because I believe my SA at the boutique I go to said the waitlist for the miroir lock it wasn't as long as she expected.

that totally sucks I know how you feel at my original store I was #1 but somehow ended up at #4 but in the UK they don't take deposits.

I remember you posting about waitlisted and them saying you did not need to pay upfront, persue this further it's just not right

What the LV singapore store is doing is crap. They really have horrible CS. Make a HHUUUGEE DEAL out of this... really!!! Make them feel guilty and sorry about it. If you're good for the money (as in you won't change ur mind about the waitlist due to financial reason), then you should be okay.

My mom was on the waitlist and put 50% deposit for the grey patchwork speedy. She waited for a really looonng time... I could have gotten one for her from the US 3 weeks before I told her to start putting pressure on LV. So she went to the LV store and raised a huge deal about it and then she finally got her bag in the next 1-2 days.

they should still consider you especially if you were the first one on the list. It is not your fault but theirs for not letting you know about the deposit in advance. Call back tomorrow and good luck!

Is it possible to put down a deposit now?

On another note, do you have a regular SA to work with? I try not to go to the taka store, they normally don't care about peasants like us... they will only remember VIPs. :tdown: Anyway I do give them some slack, they really do look overwhelmed at times. Go to Hilton or Raffles or DFS to cultivate a good SA!

:crybaby:oh no i feel sorry for you.. it is so unfair !! you should speak to the manager and tell them you are the first one on the list originally and you DID ask before if you need to leave a deposit !! good luck and let us know how it is going ~