I'm so sad :(... lipgloss incident.

If the area is really "oiley" - have her put some baby powder or other powder on the stain to soak up the grease. Then, try something like the "Shout Wipes" - they're larger than a tide stick, and you can actually 'wipe" the area with them. that might help get rid of the bulk of it.

I'd then work the area with a clean towel soaked with a little Dawn dishsoap and warm water. Dawn gets out a ton of oil stains on clothes, so I imagine it might work with the lipgloss.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

I'm sorry this happened :crybaby:Good luck getting it out!

This is why I never loan my stuff out, although I have many requests.

I feel your pain right now... I threw a pen in my bag the other day without "clicking" the point back in and when I went to take out one of my wristlets it had pen scribbles on it. I wanted to scream! :sad:

eta- Try the shout wipes and warm water OR some Shout gel diluted with warm water. Shout works well and doesn't leave a ring like the Tide pens do.

Try using shout wipes (toilettes) you can get a package at Target . They took out mustard off of a white jacket.I bought a small make up bag from coach it looks like a pencil case. I put all my lipsticks, perfume,shout, dental floss, small stuff in it, it also makes it a lot easier when changing purses as often as I do.........

I just had this problem with one of my bags. A whole tube of lip gloss ended up in the bottom of my bag. My suggestion is if you can pull the whole lining out of the bag then soak up what you can with paper towels, then use a fabric cleaner (I used some stuff that was for my couch and it worked pretty good) you can also use dish soap but you really need something to break it down and lip gloss is tuff stuff. If you feel comfortable try carpet cleaner- I'm serious! Water or water based products do not work becaue of the tackiness and petrol based substance. Anyway I used fabric cleaner for my couch and it got all the stickyness out but there's still a stain. Mine didn't leak to the outside either so I figure it's ok b/c I am the only one who sees the inside anyway. :smile: Good Luck.

Like someone else said, you could always try tide-to-go pen. I have one of these and it works wonders for spot removing....also, since this stain might be bigger, I would try a mr. clean magic eraser....these work wonders too! These things get any stain off anything (in my past experiences). So good luck and I hope you get the stain out.

two words: makeup bag. i never keep any kind of makeup/lotion/hand sanitizer, etc.. without it being in a makeup bag. give a tip to your friend.

and i hope it comes out of your purse. good luck!

Thanks so much again for your suggestions. I passed on most to my friend, I'm still waiting on what her dry cleaner is going to say. I'm definitely going to invest in a make up bag. Currently I use my black sig. wristlet for my lipgloss/chapstick, but I have never had any problem with my lipglosses opening. I just need to be patient. I'm just scared, especially b/c I still haven't seen the damage.

and my friends laugh at me because all my 'stuff' inside my handbags is always 'container-ized!'

and it always will be...

i do that also. i dont even carry pens.. i never had a makeup or pen incident!!

i dont wear much makeup, i just recently starting carrying an eye liner lol

always use a makeup baggy in your hundred dollar purses!

If the area is really "oiley" - have her put some baby powder or other powder on the stain to soak up the grease. Then, try something like the "Shout Wipes" - they're larger than a tide stick, and you can actually 'wipe" the area with them. that might help get rid of the bulk of it.

I'd then work the area with a clean towel soaked with a little Dawn dishsoap and warm water. Dawn gets out a ton of oil stains on clothes, so I imagine it might work with the lipgloss.

I think this is the best solution. I once spilled an entire bottle of cough syrup inside of my red Coach tote and this worked for me. I can't even tell now!

Let us know how it goes.

You might want to look at it before it goes to the cleaners.