i'm so confused...wrinkles, crinkles and veins

I LOVE this thread! :nuts:
For me the worst leather is the one usually found in s/s 06: the "papery" one... which means, that it's so thin and veiny and shiny that you think that you could fold it in a bbag origami...:shocked: A quite worrying thought.
I use the term "cloudy" and "bubbly" to describe my 05 black twiggy, which is extremely chewy and squishy. Pic coming up...

This one is very thick (thickest of all my bbag leathers):

prada055.jpg

I love this one!!!

The eternal dispute. If you like veiny, then for you it's good. I don't like it, and can find bags that aren't when I want to buy one. People don't all agree.

I think it is pretty much agreed that the veininess that started showing up in 2006 bags had not previously been a feature of Balenciaga leather. It is a lot less frequent in 2007 leather, it seems.

I find that some bags that have a lot of wrinkles appear in pics as veiny (mottling or white marbling). But actually are not veiny at all. They just have a lot of deep creases. Here's my new Anthracite City. I find it super wrinkley, smooshy and soft. I don't know about chewy (haven't figured that one out yet).

IMG_2496-1.jpg

Reactions: Isabel_Pan
I think it should be noted that most the 07 bags have much less veiny veins than the early 06 colors. some of those had actual white veins going through them, like marble almost. I havent seen one bag this year that has those same problems.

I call most of the texural veins just wrinkles. I like lots of texture!

hmwe46 & rollergirl-I can't believe I have a chewy b-bag! Thanks for your help!
cracker-that bag looks gorgeous!

And belive it or not, after 3 pages I still don't see the differences:confused1: All the leathers look different but beautiful to me!

Fantastic thread!!! This is so much fun discussing the *terminology*:heart:

My 07 Cafe Work is chewy...soft, thick.....just etable:drool:

My older bags(02, 03, and 04 leather) are butterly soft and silky.

My 06 bags are heavily distressed. I call deep creases wrinkles, not veins. To me, veiny bags are those from SS06(especially Lilac and Emerald, like someone else pointed out).