i'm so confused...wrinkles, crinkles and veins

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
I keep hearing these terms talked about, and I thought I understood the difference. But i'm not so sure anymore after seeing some pictures. I am having a hard time understanding the difference especially with wrinkles and veins. I was wondering if anyone could post pictures side by side to help shed some light. Could it be that some people use different terms for the same thing?

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
LOL, I know what you mean!! The language of bag addicts is hysterical!! My favorite is "chewy" :P

Ok, so I think this bag is moderately wrinkly and very smooshy:

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
This bag is only slightly/lightly veiny (the lighter color striations throughout would be the 'veins'):

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
hmwe46, thanks!!! Those are fabulous pictures. And I agree, the chewy looks especially delicious:yes: And all of your bags look like real gems!!!

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
Thanks! If anyone else wants to describe my bags differently, please do!! LOL, I am just calling them how they look to me, but I am sorta in love with them all.

The only variation I have seen and not liked was "dry" and "crackly" like this one (that went straight back to the store!!):

verty

sharkwater.com
Feb 28, 2007
the islands
"Smooshy" to me means thick, soft & 'squishy' :P

Veins = lines that aren't "raised"

Crinkles & wrinkles.. well, now that I think of it, I guess they're sorta the same thing ???

crjhht

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
la la land...
That helps. Still a little confused though...

I think we need to change the title of this post to -

Wrinkles and crinkles and veins, oh my!

:P

lordguinny

O.G.
May 16, 2006
I think someone should make a resource page with lots of photos of each kind of description and sticky it! :woohoo:

e_pinpin

Miss Penne' Cotta
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
London
hmwe46, thanks for wonderful pics, but i wonder....

the "dry" and "crackly" is mostly matt too?? or can it be shiny and dry? (to me if it's shiny then it's not really dry -- it makes sense this way)

so can you get rid of the "dry" and "crackly" by applying leather conditioner???