i'm so confused...wrinkles, crinkles and veins

The one I had was shinny and dry and just crispy looking. Like a crackle glaze on pottery, if that makes any sense?

I suspect that type of finish is exactly why some gals turn to lubriderm. Lots of threads there for sure!! But I am striving to be a purist and just pic bags that have a naturally lovely finish without applying stuff.

hmwe46, thanks for wonderful pics, but i wonder....

the "dry" and "crackly" is mostly matt too?? or can it be shiny and dry? (to me if it's shiny then it's not really dry -- it makes sense this way)

so can you get rid of the "dry" and "crackly" by applying leather conditioner???

I'm still confused about these different terms too. This is my anthrafirst. What words would you use to describe this one?

attachment.php

I'm still confused about these different terms too. This is my anthrafirst. What words would you use to describe this one?

attachment.php
This bag looks shiny, not matte. From the picture, it looks obviously pretty distressed (for me, a good thing) and also APPEARS to be veiny, although sometimes close ups make a bag that is merely distressed look as if it has the white, non-raised lines or striations that I call veins. That is how I would describe the bag and use the terms.

BTW, the chewy grenat posted above is soft and nicely distressed but not veiny. You see the distressing (maybe some call it wrinkling?) within the leather itself, but no white lines, especially wide white lines, like a faux marble effect. I don't have any to post, but there were a lot of veiny lilac and emerald bags in 2006, just to give some examples. Distressed is the opposite of smooth. Some bags just have a smooth surface, with little internal texture to the leather, and no raised crinkles, etc. Okay, stopping now.