I'm itchy all over the place!! HELP!!

twinkie said:
I have chronic hives and take Zyrtec. It clears them up right away.

ditto... except zyrtec puts me to sleep (its really bad for me) so I'd also recommend seeing if any of your friends have some allegra, that works pretty well too. clariton at the stores is OK, but it doesnt work as quickly as allegra for me. hope you feel better soon!

LoriB said:
Was it the new continuous spray by any chance? That stuff made me itch like crazy!

YES!! That freaking spray!! :hysteric:I'm boycotting that thing from now on! It might have clogged my pores and made my skin freaked out since it's "waterproof and ultra sweatproof" even though I tried to wash it off with lots of soap afterwards. :rant:

STAY AWAY from that thing!!!

Thank you all ladies!! My mom gave me this prescriptive ointment called Elcon and it actually cleared 1/3 of my hives. I'm still itchy and I jotted down everyone's suggestion and will be going to the drug store soon. Thanks love!! :flowers:

I dont know if this will help...
but whenever I have allergies which used to be often.
I take antihistamine meds (OTC) and ALOT OF WATER.
My mom said drinking alot would flush out the toxins in our body.
hope you'd feel better soon!:flowers:

Sarsi said:
I dont know if this will help...
but whenever I have allergies which used to be often.
I take antihistamine meds (OTC) and ALOT OF WATER.
My mom said drinking alot would flush out the toxins in our body.
hope you'd feel better soon!:flowers:

Thanks, I've been drinking lots of water to cool down the toxins too. :yes:

I have all kinds of contact allergies so I always carry around Benadryl in pill form and as an ointment. The ointment works faster because it doesn't have to get absorbed through your digestive system, but the pill form really helps stop the itching. Both topical and oral Benadryl is available as store brands which is cheaper. It all works the same for me. Also, an Aveeno bath works, too.

I think Elocon is a mild steroid-based ointment, so don't keep using it for a long time unless you talk to your doctor.

I got back from the drug store armed with Benadryl pills, aloe vera, calamine lotion. The benedryl is making me sleepy but I'm still itchy. I'll apply the calamine lotion after shower later. Hope it'll be all cleared up by Sat, but I doubt it. :sad:

Chamomile helps me tons when I break out and get hives due to cosmetics or sunscreen. You can take a chamomile infused bath (using chamomile tea bags as bath infusions), sounds weird but very soothing.

hysteric said:
My mom always tell me to go have a nice warm "oatmeal" bath. Yes, oatmeal...it stops the itching. Or you can also try Aloe Vera base cream or lotion...it helps stops the itching & redness.

Hysteric

Yes, That's what I always did for my kids, too. Put the oatmeal (a couple of cups) in a piece of cloth and tie it shut (like a big tea bag - this makes it easier to clean up the tub afterwards) and run the bath hot at first with the oat bag under the running water, then add cold water to bring it to a comfortable temp.

What a bummer! Hope you feel better soon!

I just put the calamine lotion on and now it's burning my chest. I hope it's suppose to be like this. At least I don't feel itchy now, but only a burning sensation. :lol:

I'm getting curious about this oatmeal bath you ladies are talking about here... :P

That spray forms a seal over your skin and it can't breathe properly. I didn't have hives, but I had little red bumps and I itched like crazy. It took several days to get better. At first I was loving this spray, it was so easy to use and I didn't burn at all, which I normally burn a little no matter what I use. So, it works great and it sucks at the same time. No more for me!