I'm itchy all over the place!! HELP!!

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
So I went to the LA Tofu Festival on Sunday and applied like double layers of Coppertone Sunblock. BIG MISTAKE!! :hysteric: I now have allergic reaction to this chemical! My neck, chest, and both arms are covered in hives... red itchy little bumps. I'm scratching all over the place and it's getting worst I think. Any ointment or remedy?

Good thing I applied my usual Shiseido sunblock to my face, otherwise I'm NOT walking out of the house for a month!! :yucky:

I got a house warming party this Sat and what am I suppose to do looking like this??!! HELP!!! :cry::cry::cry:

hey Irissy
im really SORRY this has happened to you!!! :sad: maybe you could try some antihistamine tablets or something like that to stop the itching, so you can get some sleep at night... i'm not good with OTC meds... :shame: LOL and i call myself a Pharm Tech :roflmfao: good luck chickie!!!!

My mom always tell me to go have a nice warm "oatmeal" bath. Yes, oatmeal...it stops the itching. Or you can also try Aloe Vera base cream or lotion...it helps stops the itching & redness.

Hysteric

Thanks ladies, I'm going to the drug store tomorrow and get some aloe vera and calamine lotion. Man, I can finally understand how Selena feels... although mine isn't as sexy as hers. :graucho:

Jill said:
Take benedryl at night to sleep..It will help bring the rash down...

yeppers, you definitely need to take an oral antihistamine & benadryl's the best around :yes:...but i would call my doctor too since it's getting worse & he can give you a cortisone shot or something ...feel better soooooooooooooooon :tender:

If you are having an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the sunblock you need to treat it with Benadryl AROUND the clock until it disapears. Its important that you maintain a blood level with the antihistamine in it constantly. Follow the dosage directions but do take it. Ifyou are afraid you are going to get sleepy from it, they make a Benadryl D with has psuedophedrine which will counteract the sleepyness. Hope you feel better.