I'm fessing up.. Feeling guilty...

my my my reading all these posts about finding the next "perfect" handbag... i guess right now, for me i haven't found the next perfect handbag just yet... but i know it's lurking right around the corner. i guess acquiring the paddington a couple of months ago is going to hold me over a few more months, until spring.

it really is a "high" when you find your next bag, and then once you get it... it's all downhill from there. i mean yes it makes you happy, but the happiness wears off, doesn't it? and then you're off searching for your next one.

i'm already searching for my next bag, i'm itching to buy that huge gucci bag...

my fingers are twisting around the keys on my laptop, knowing it's only a few clicks away from ordering it from gucci.com

guilty pleasures. indeed!

USCgerl said:
I completely understand! In this past year, my life was turned upside down. And what did I turn to as my therapy and temporary happiness...the purchase of my new Ferragamo purse (Saks sale), Marc Jacobs purse (NM sale), LV Multi Alma (I made a friend purchase in Europe), LV Cerises wallet, and Juicy bag. All within a span of a few months. :embarasse Hey depression and sales work really well together! What made me feel even worse was how understanding my husband was! So I swore off bags for at least a year just for him and my guilty conscious...

But alas, I don't think it'll last too long. Issamom stated it perfectly, 'But I think you gotta go cold turkey for a while every once in a while. It's like a fast. You feel all cleansed and deserving when its over. ' Joining this blog this past week didn't help either! I really really want and deserve :biggrin: the Chloe Paddington! I almost bought it last night on http://www.sophisticatedspirit.com/, but couldn't decide on if it was too good to be true.

So yeah, I feel ya, but it's something I just can't help, excuses or not I LOVE purses! :love:

I totally feel your pain USCgerl. This year is probably the WORST year of my life due to some family and academic issues and what do I end up turning to? A total bagaholic!!! I bought 6 bags within a few months and yes... these bags did make me feel happier for like a few seconds until I feel the need/urge to buy another one later. Sometimes I wonder if I have an addiction. Like this Black Friday, I went into the Coach store at the nearby outlet and even though I didn't like anything I see in that store, but I started to have this anxiety feeling and the urge to buy something.... just anything!! I was like shaking inside. Luckily, my cousin was there with me and she dragged my ass out the door while she yelled at me for my improper behavior. lol But she didn't prevent me from spurging because I ended up going home with a pink suede Tods bag at the end of the day. ::sigh:: I seriously need psychological help... :unsure:

After this weekend's crazy shopping, I finally promise my daddy that I'll stop spending money on bags for awhile. Let's see how long I'll last this time.

Issmom said:
Even if its your own money, you can still feel that way. My sister and I are in very different places, financially. A few months ago, I emailed her and said "That's it! I'm not spending any more money!". She laughed and wondered where that sentiment came from. Did I keep my promise? Not really. But I think you gotta go cold turkey for a while every once in a while. Its like a fast. You feel all cleansed and deserving when its over.

I gotta say, it must be much harder when its someone else's money. But let's be fair here, I don't work outside my home. But my husband makes it quite clear that 'his' money is OUR money. He buys what he wants. I buy what I want. Just yesterday, he complimented me on a new bag and asked what it cost. I said "Do you really want to know?". He chuckled and said that he guesses he doesn't. But if it were my Daddy asking that question, I'd feel a million times different!

[And I didn't write 'Daddy' to make you guys feel like kids -- that's what I call him! And a cross word or a sideways glance from him still makes me feel like I'm 8 years old!]

I've definitely start shop-fasting now !! Hope it'll last for a few weeks at least... Wish me luck... hahaha.. Maybe I'll redeem myself somehow in front of my dad.. :lol: