I'm Beautiful - Mini

tlloveshim, you literally read my mind, I was sitting here thinking about odebdo's green crash MMS mini and realizing it is that size that I would prefer.

I just went on the BE site and in the create your own section the MMS Mini dimensions list as:
H 22.9 cm/9 inches
W 26.7 cm/10.5 inches
D 7.6 cm/3 inches

Looks like we have would-be-fans falling into two camps here: 1) those who would like a mini mini, and 2) those who want a little more mucho in their mini. I think it's going to take awhile to achieve a consensus on desired size, or more time to have others come on board.

If they could do the 10.5 x 9, I would send the deposit today.

I may even be in if the smallest they can go is Option 1 (13.4" x 8.26").

How serious is everyone? I would love it in Black Crash.

I could still do option 1. That isn't too big. I just can't say for sure how committed I am immediately. I'd like to eventually do an IB Mini if it becomes available but can't say if I could do it in the next month or two.

Hey guys! I can't join in right now, sorry, but I would love a mini later in the year.

For me, I think a mini that was less long but not that much less in height would be nice. The 9 inch version (option 2) will still fit letterhead and A4 paper, whereas option 1 won't fit either by just a titch. Lengthwise, there is room to spare for both types of paper. Also, it will still fit many netbooks. For these reasons, I think a 9x13.4 would be nice - it would be less of the long rectangle that the original is, though, but I did a paper cutout and I still think it looks a nice shape/size.

Too much smaller than option 1, and I wonder if there would be a bit of a redundancy with the TMA original.

^^ You're right about being able to carry papers since this is still would allow the bag to function as an 'office' bag. I don't need it for that purpose but when/if I ever did it'd be nice to have this option already available in this bag rather than having to buy yet another bag. Have you emailed Rose about your thoughts?

Isn't the website nice?? And the new colors for spring are trickling out.... I see turquoise!
You kill me.....where is the turquoise? I'm at work and can't do a proper browse now. I'm hoping the turquoise is like the aquamarine used to be.

I didn't email Rose, tlloveshim (I'm a slacker!). I wasn't actually considering this bag for my next BE as I was worried it would be too similar to my RM MABs, but making the paper cutout kind of excited me lol...slow day at work hey :biggrin:. Depending on the new colors, I might be interested in getting one for summer.

I think that 9 inches isn't THAT much more than what she was proposing in option 1, and would make it a more attractive option for people (if those are the two options BE are considering). I hope they'd also maintain the handle size, rather than shrink them proportionally, so it could still be used for shoulder carry.

Last edited:
Sreg - can you post a pic of your cutout when you have a moment:biggrin:

I think that option #1 is better as the proportions are closer to that of the midi. I prefer the look of the mini to the full size.

Another thing to consider is the depth!

I've been trying so hard to ignore this thread... can't. stay. away. The width is probably not that adjustable because of the double zippers. Okay, back to trying to avoid the urge to buy something I don't need... :ninja:

Oooh. I've been away but am very interested in an option 1 mini. I love the details on the IB and really think it would make an excellent everyday bag. The Midi is still a bit big for me.

What do you ladies think about having a single compartment? Or does everyone want to keep the 2 compartments and just make the bag smaller? I know that having 2 compartments is part of the essence of the midi but I figure if it's going to be too small for a laptop anyway, then the 1 compartment may be unnecessary. Having a single compartment will allow the bag to slouch a bit more and will hopefully be cheaper to produce also?

Just my thoughts...