I'm afraid I've become a bag snob....a fun thread!!

amusing thread!:upsidedown:
personally i've always been into the bags that were of a certain style. no logos, etc. i guess this forum just made me love expensive bags more. but i will still give coach, dooney, tano, etc a look. there's great bags at every price. just none of that coach monogram for me please.

A great thread - totally appropriate.

I never tell most of my friends just how much some of the bags I buy cost. Like some of your descriptions, they would think I am nuts. I am not really into the idea of bags as some show of money (or not) and I believe you can get well made bags at a variety of prices. The tough part goes when you start buying luxury brands - it is very hard to go back. I used to be happy with Kenneth Cole...

Does anyone have issues with their friends because of their bag tastes or collecting habits?

I bought my first bag over $150 2 years ago, a Cole Haan, thinking $400 was way over the top for a purse. Then came Coach, and then I found eBay and saw what I could buy for the same price of a Coach. $500 was my limit for a long time, then after finding this Purse Forum, the sky is the limit, althought I haven't passed the $2K mark yet.

There's a lot of enabling going around here too, not good for that 12 step program.:nogood:

I don't think I'm a bag snob to anyone besides myself because now I seem to only carry high end bags.I remember the days when I thought D&B was expensive and Coach would take years to save up for:P.Thankfully I was just in middle school,so I have had quite a change.Now I own way to many D&B and Coach handbags (I can never seem to pass up a good deal:nogood:) I'm not a huge fan of Coach anymore b/c everytime I turn around I seem to see one. Now I think anything under $500 is a good deal (depending on the bag of course). Anything that is more than $1,000 no longer scares me and I now own way to many handbags ranging from D&B to Dior:wlae:I also must add that this forum has not been helping my addiction!

I have been into expensive bags for quite some time. Funny thing is I live in a small town where no one even knows the names of handbags except Coach or DB.
I was wearing a pair of Choo flats last summer and went to the local grocery store and a woman came up to me and said where did you get those shoes? I told her i got them in Las Vegas as they don't sell them around here. She asked the price and when I told her almost $500. she looked at me like I had 2 heads and mumbled something as she walked away. I was kind of embarrassed, but heck...she asked!!
Has anyone ever had someone act mean to them like that when questioned about their bag or shoes?

That is sooo funny:roflmfao:

I've definitely become a bag snob too. Less than two years ago, I would have to seriously think about a purse purchase of more than $50. Since discovering TPF, I've started with coach, went to LV, then Balenciaga and Chanel, and now I'm buying Hermes! $2000-3000 is the norm for me now, and spending $8000 on a purse doesn't seem crazy insane to me anymore.

I don't think i'm a bag snob, but i do remember the days when i seen a cute bags in macys or nordstroms and i thought they were the best thing ever. Now I go and nothing impresses me (what happened to me:crybaby:) Prior to joining this forum I owned a few LVs and of course D&B and coach both leather but now i dont like coach or dooney anymore. Since joining this forum I've now purchased my 1st balenciaga. Now i think bags that are under a grand is a deal. Oh and my family thinks i'm nuts and my bf thinks i'll never be happy

I used to buy one bag a year and then it was a max of $100, usually with Christmas money and usually Guess or Liz Claiborne or Nine West ... now I have gone completely off the deep end - LOL!!!!

Yes, I admit it, I am now a bag snob :shame:

I love reading everyone's stories, it's so nice to know that I'm not alone!!!! Let the 'shallow obsessing strongly encouraged' begin!!!

I mean, honestly, not that long ago I was buying Guess bags at TJ Maxx and I thought that was a splurge!? :P:nuts:

Yes, I admit that since joining tpf I've also become a bag snob! I'm always paying more attention to other people's bags now and no longer feel that 500+ is ridiculous to pay for a bag when just a year ago, the more expensive purse was one that I paid 129.99 for at Marshalls.

I have been a bag snob since the day I discovered Louis Vuitton over 15 years ago. My friends laugh at me because at one time I drove a 68 VW, wore a Rolex and carried a Louis Vuitton; I now drive a Chevy Aveo Hatchback and laugh everytime I pass a gas station. Hey, with what I am saving in gas I can buy tons of Chanel bags. In any event, since I have discovered Chanel my snobbiness has reached a whole new level to the point where I pity the women who think they really have something carrying a coach. I wear my Chanel proudly much to the envy of my tight-wad and tasteless coworkers and have no regrets. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

I'm definitely a bag snob. It started about 5 years ago. I started buying Kate Spade and then Coach and I haven't looked back since. Now I would never buy a no name bag.:P I found tPF when I started looking for other designers because I got tired of Coach. I have to say that since finding this place I have never spent so much money on bags or bought so many!