I'll never buy Coach again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I cleaned out my closet yesterday and found tons of bags I'd forgotten I even owned:shame:. 2 of the bags were Coach and both had damaged straps. I remembered that both were damaged after very little use and I'd never followed up with Coach for repair. So I called Coach this morning to find out where I should send the bags for repair. The rep told me that Coach doesn't repair bags. I said, what are you kidding me :amazed:Coach does not stand behind the quality of its products. She said if it is damaged by a factory defect yes otherwise no. I said how do I know if it was factory defect-the straps are damaged on 2 bags from same line with little wear what would you call that? She says sorry can't help you. I was APALLED!!!!

I've been over Coach for several years now so this is far from tragic, but nonetheless I will never buy Coach again!:mad:
They didn't repair mine either! And they didn't return my money either even though their shipping was only $8. I will never buy Coach again!!!!!

I'm gonna play on the side of EVIL and suggest this! Maybe they are having so many repairs sent in that are OBVIOUS wear and tear so they are telling CS to discourage this practice when they can! Do you all know that some people will send bags in that were clearly damaged by children or pet's and EXPECT Coach to repair and/or replace these items?! They are just fishing for free bags or discounts IMO.

***I took my Gigi into the outlet because the very edges of her leather handles were starting to roll. The manager informed me that this is natural wear and tear and that all Gigi's at ONE POINT will most likely do this! I said "good enough for me" and went about my business. I could've thrown a fit and spat nasty words but why bother??? It would just make it more difficult for the next person with a legit repair problem! I'm OK with the rolled handles as long as I know this is not a defect but something that will happen on any Gigi I end up with! I do feel for those who have defected bags and are having to jump thru hoops or get the third degree due to those trying to get Coach to repair something because they didn't keep an eye on their child and/or pet!!! That's NOT Coach's problem!!!

Glad you are getting the repairs that are due you! Congrat's on following up! The CS rep you spoke with should be re-trained or re-located OUT to find another job she's incompitant at! LOL

This thread is OLD
smiley-old2.gif

I was so happy to receive my coach bag back from repair only to be heartbroken and see the strap still broken. I have read your experience and I feel a little less crazy. my bag is only a year old and they can't replace the straps I even tried to buy the strap and have it repaired myself and they would not sell them to me stating that they are only replaced if defective. I too WILL NEVER EVER BUY COACH AGAIN!!

So sad to hear your story! I have always been lucky, last year my Kristin hobo looked like some stiched were coming undone and my SA gladly exchanged it for a NEW one. No questions asked.
Now that is prime Customer Service!