If you're still on the fence about the new GHD iron...

I've had mine over a year now and still works wonders.

I have straight hair but some of them don't look really nice and smooth if I don't blow dry my hair carefully. So I use my GHD's for straightening and also for curling. Takes a bit of practice, but soon you get there.

I want to add that I bought Kerastase Ciment Thermique as a heat protector and I'm on my 3rd bottle!! It's the best thing I've tried.
After using the GHD I use some Kerastase Nutri Sculpt or the wax from the same line and my hair shines like baby's hair

Finaly went out with my new curls! LOL!
after 3 days of hair torture on my hair...
I finaly was able to get a good head of curls!

LOVE GHD!!! first iron that did not literaly burn my hair
and curls stayed all day all night till the morning after! LOL!

question...

if i have layers in my hair, can i still curl my hair w/ the ghd? i have shorter layers on top of longer layers. i got a poofy mess when i did mine. i know part of it is my lack of technique but i'm also wondering if the cut had anything to do w/ it. i'm scared to try again. it looked pretty bad.

question...

if i have layers in my hair, can i still curl my hair w/ the ghd? i have shorter layers on top of longer layers. i got a poofy mess when i did mine. i know part of it is my lack of technique but i'm also wondering if the cut had anything to do w/ it. i'm scared to try again. it looked pretty bad.

Yes you can. I have long hair with layers. I need the layers to make my hair more thinner, coz my hair is really thick. If you don't want like really curly hair, just curl the ends, so when you pull the iron down, twist it inside when you reach the ends. It will give the layers more definition. Try it, I love this way with my layered hair as oppose to just plain straight. My layered hair looks a bit too plain with really straight hair coz of the layers.

ok wow, I don't even have curly hair, but reading through this thread makes me really want one as well just by seeing how amazing it is! Can it do anything for straight hair at all? In that case, I'm definitely getting one!

I got my GHD becuase of the raves in this thread. Now, I use it everyday. I bought the $195 version but exchanged it cause the $240 version had a universal plug. But they work the same. I love the GHD and so does my BF.

wow, i'm definitely getting one now! I was thinking about it during the Sephora F&F but decided that I would get it some other time but looking through this thread and seeing all the amazing testimonials...how can i resist ?

i use Maxiglide flatiron right now and it's been great for the past 1 1/2 years but just recently it has stopped heating up and it's been difficult to get a good straightening from it.

Oh cool! I love curls, but it takes forever to make them for me, so I've never really done it too much. I'll definitely pick up a GHD and try it when I get money in January :yes:

Awesome! I want to get one too but I really should wait a little after Christmas. Recover some funds and see what donations I get for Christmas. :upsidedown: