If you're *really* on a ban... come here and hang out with me!

Even though I didn't proclaim myself on a formal ban, I told myself I was only going to get the bags I intended for PCE. When they extended the PCE, I was sooo excited because I really wanted the Abbey, but it's waaay too expensive w/o the PCE. So, my SA called and tempted me and said, "You can get the Abbey now!'" Telling them no was REALLY hard....

I did, however, buy the natural french purse I had really wanted during PCE...there were only 50 left at JAX...so, I guess I screwed up but less than I could have.

I REALLY want the red ergo hobo but am NOT going to order it. *sigh I mean, I REALLY want it!

I'm excited about the PCE being extended but have vowed not to order ANYTHING else. I also have not purchased any bags off eBay since last summer, and that has helped me stay in check, too...there are too many tempting good deals...

I know the PCE news is very exciting, and I'm glad that many people will get some other good deals they thought they had missed. I will enjoy seeing their new finds.

I'm going to work on enjoying my new goodies and keep my finger off the redial button....

CitCat: Yes, restraint is the key! Hot water is pretty nice to have! Handbags won't keep you clean and smelling pretty! LOL!

Tejasmama: Yeah, the PCE news makes it a bit harder! I don't think you screwed up though by purchasing a wallet. I mean, you said no to the Abbey and you didn't order the patent hobo so consider it a victory! I'm only trying to steer clear of larger purchases mainly. Like the $200 wristlets and up!

CitCat: Yes, restraint is the key! Hot water is pretty nice to have! Handbags won't keep you clean and smelling pretty! LOL!

Tejasmama: Yeah, the PCE news makes it a bit harder! I don't think you screwed up though by purchasing a wallet. I mean, you said no to the Abbey and you didn't order the patent hobo so consider it a victory! I'm only trying to steer clear of larger purchases mainly. Like the $200 wristlets and up!

I know... I LOVE that bordeaux wristlet, but tell myself that I really don't need a $200 wristlet! I'm still enjoying the whiskey legacy wristlet I bought last year!

This committing to a ban has really changed my perspective. I now want to clear out all of the clutter and I'm eyeing my collection in a new way.

I don't want to sell anything. I need the money to pay for this last budget-breaking binge, and I need the space. I do not need 30+ Coaches. I love to collect, but is collecting worth credit card debt? I don't think so.

I'm even selling off fun things like my swarovski-crusted ipod mini just to do a purge around here. This could get interesting.

I just heard about the mahogany patent wristlet... I will be buying that, but only with my debit card or with cold, hard cash. The credit cards need to go far, far away. This is a new day, and the beginning of no charging.

I've got a ton of stuff coming in the mail, so I should just enjoy it.

This committing to a ban has really changed my perspective. I now want to clear out all of the clutter and I'm eyeing my collection in a new way.

I don't want to sell anything. I need the money to pay for this last budget-breaking binge, and I need the space. I do not need 30+ Coaches. I love to collect, but is collecting worth credit card debt? I don't think so.

I'm even selling off fun things like my swarovski-crusted ipod mini just to do a purge around here. This could get interesting.

I just heard about the mahogany patent wristlet... I will be buying that, but only with my debit card or with cold, hard cash. The credit cards need to go far, far away. This is a new day, and the beginning of no charging.

I've got a ton of stuff coming in the mail, so I should just enjoy it.

Buying with cash makes the experience a whole lot better IMHO because there is no worry after word about having to pay something off. My whole PCE purchase was with cash and mine I am loving my bags (no dread of the cc bill).

Your collection sounds awesome. I am :drool: and havent even seen a bag.

It's funny how the mind works when there's a discount. My husband heard about 25% off PCE, and was like, yes, but that's still 75% ON.... And he's right. Even if I saved $200, that's still $600 that I would be spending on a hypothetical purchase.

And still my mind goes nutty and I find it so hard to resist. Last night I lay sleepless (couldn't fall asleep because of a headache) thinking about how I'd really like a Chelsea satchel. "Because I have no fall bags," was my rationale. WTF dude? I have an Ali in whiskey - is that not a bag for all seasons? All seasons includes Fall. So this ban is about changing the way I think about my existing bags and potential new acquisitions for me, and about sales.

25% off is still 75% more spending that I would have made before.

I literally found myself drooling last night at the new catalog.

That's the point at which you say "I have a problem if pictures of purses are making me drool."

Coachmama, I'll update my collection thread and link it. It's out of control for this year...

And still my mind goes nutty and I find it so hard to resist. Last night I lay sleepless (couldn't fall asleep because of a headache) thinking about how I'd really like a Chelsea satchel. "Because I have no fall bags," was my rationale. WTF dude? I have an Ali in whiskey - is that not a bag for all seasons? All seasons includes Fall. So this ban is about changing the way I think about my existing bags and potential new acquisitions for me, and about sales.

25% off is still 75% more spending that I would have made before.

Thank you for making such a wonderful point! Yes, it's still 75% on! That's a lot of coin with some of these bags. And my whiskey Ali is a girl for all seasons and so is my vintage ergo hobo so I'm pretty covered and don't need any of the "new" fall stuff b/c I'm still enjoying these so much.

I really want the patent ergo hobo in red but I have a gorgeous red pebbled leather fossil bag, and she will have to carry me through this year instead!:P

I'll just look at these whenever I feel like oogling the fall catalog.

Attachments

• Ali1 (Small).JPG
    Ali1 (Small).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
  • fossil1 (Small).JPG
    fossil1 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
  • ergo3 (Large).JPG
    ergo3 (Large).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 15
Thank you for making such a wonderful point! Yes, it's still 75% on! That's a lot of coin with some of these bags. And my whiskey Ali is a girl for all seasons and so is my vintage ergo hobo so I'm pretty covered and don't need any of the "new" fall stuff b/c I'm still enjoying these so much.

I really want the patent ergo hobo in red but I have a gorgeous red pebbled leather fossil bag, and she will have to carry me through this year instead!:P

I'll just look at these whenever I feel like oogling the fall catalog.
j

Thank you! I can tell you it was a heck of a lot cheaper, too! I really do love it (and it looks like I'll be lovin' it for a long time since I've vowed not to buy the red patent hobo!)...