If your gut tells you no... (Warning: Rant)

Hopefully it is just buyers remorse looking for a way to get out or just ignorance about Chanel that makes her think its not authentic, and it will get home safely to you.

let her now you will only refund when you receive the bag and are 100% sure that it is the original bag you send her.
i was about to suggest that you send her a link to the AT chanel thread but maybe it isn't a good idea, better just get the bag,refund her and block her from your auctions...

let her now you will only refund when you receive the bag and are 100% sure that it is the original bag you send her.
i was about to suggest that you send her a link to the AT chanel thread but maybe it isn't a good idea, better just get the bag,refund her and block her from your auctions...
Once there is confirmed delivery, whether or not you refund her makes no difference as paypal or the cc will do it on the buyer's behalf and also charge you a chargeback fee on top of that for not doing it yourself. This is a risk in selling your own items.

People might not like using third party sellers like Fashionphile, but FP takes out insurance on their stuff in case this sort of thing happens so sellers take less money for their stuff with third parties because it's worry free..

thanks everyone for your kind words... after i replied saying that i would accept the bag in its original condition and that she shouldn't assume that it is not authentic because she is not familiar with the make and model, she admitted that it was not what she expected. which is fine... i just wished she had asked for more pictures to ascertain it was what she wanted!

in the future, i'm going to accept returns but state in my auction that there will be a 10% restocking fee just to avoid the stress!!!!

I hate buyers that after they have won ask a million questions. No matter how patient I am it never goes right after that. I am sorry this happened to you. Hopefully it will be over soon.

I have no intention to defend the particular buyer, but asking questions after bidding serves quite a clear purpose for a genuine buyer, and I have to say that this has become my policy when buying on ebay! When you ask questions after the end (for example, the listing ended before the seller had a chance to reply, etc.) - you have 3 scenarios 1) O.K. friendly response from the seller - willing to help - then you know the purchase is safe and the seller is sweet (my purchases from such sellers were the biggest successes, and I left glowing feedbacks for them) 2) annoyed response, but some answers - still genuine seller, can proceed 3) annoyed response, no answers - only proceed with great caution, if there are signs that the item is definitely authentic from photos, and film the opening of the box on video! 4) rude response - RUN! do not pay!
I think, a genuine seller will be glad to answer any questions of the winning bidder- to provide reassurance to the worried buyer who commits a lot of money!
I would highly recommend, when you buy an expensive designer item, ask some additional questions after bidding, before paying - this would be the best way to test the seller and have an additional info re. how this seller would behave should anything go wrong. And you actually would prevent a scammer from dealing with you! They will run a mile from such a buyer, they like to scam trusting, gullible people!
Nothing to do with buyer's remorse. 5 of my sellers answered my Q. happily - their bags were delightful. 2 sellers were annoyed- their bags had little nasty flaws undisclosed in listings (I still left positive)! 1 seller was so mad, he declined to sell to me and at the same time made a strike
for non-payment - all his goods turned out later to be stolen from a store!

that makes no sense....why wouldn't you ask questions to do your test of the seller before you bid or win which is a commitment to buying?

I agree -- the time to ask questions is BEFORE you bid. When someone starts asking questions after they win, big red flags go up for me. As for the person who cancelled the sale, I honestly don't blame them, the way ebay is now for sellers.

I have no intention to defend the particular buyer, but asking questions after bidding serves quite a clear purpose for a genuine buyer, and I have to say that this has become my policy when buying on ebay!

It is my policy to file for non-payment with such bidders.

Generally speaking, I have found the hard way that the bidders who ask questions after winning the item often look at their winning bids as a sort of a 'hold' not a 'buy'. They want to secure the item from other bidders but they are often not so sure if they want to buy (or not) and at what price. I have had people ask for discounts, free shipping, all kinds of other questions they should have asked before bidding (do I smoke? what are the measurements? how much i paid for it?), etc, etc. Anything but the payment. The payment then often never comes.

I no longer waste my time with these people. Four days, and then they get their well-deserved NPB.

p-WA

thanks everyone for your kind words... after i replied saying that i would accept the bag in its original condition and that she shouldn't assume that it is not authentic because she is not familiar with the make and model, she admitted that it was not what she expected. which is fine... i just wished she had asked for more pictures to ascertain it was what she wanted!

in the future, i'm going to accept returns but state in my auction that there will be a 10% restocking fee just to avoid the stress!!!!
I'd also put your seller tag on the bag and make it clear that w/o the tag intact return's can't be processed.... there's a thread around here somewhere on what some of our members used for 'tagging' purposes..

i dont mind question after the transaction is over. it may be something that one didn't think of earlier, being caught up with the "chase" of the item, etc... i definitely welcome and respond to all questions, even the ones with lowball offers. but i didn't get a single question about the bag before the item was bought... and it was a bonanzle item so there wasn't a time limit but the questions poured in after the transaction was completed. maybe pippaWA is right... it's just the buyer fishing for way to get out of the transaction and having second thoughts. :sad:

I don't know if she has shipped yet but I had a buyer return a bag by stuffing it into a teeny tiny box to save money on the return ship so if it is not too late consider specifying enough room in the box for the handbag!!!

I don't know if she has shipped yet but I had a buyer return a bag by stuffing it into a teeny tiny box to save money on the return ship so if it is not too late consider specifying enough room in the box for the handbag!!!

I shipped the item with a Chanel box and I specified that I wanted EVERYTHING back. I think she's just going to ship the item back in the box that it arrived in. I had that happen to me with a RM bag. It was a morning after mini and the buyer shoved it into a flat rate box. i was LIVID!!!!