If you had a 6k store credit, what would you buy?

Hello! I posted this on Reddit as well, but wanted to get some feedback from all of you over here! I have a 6kish store credit to Chanel after having my lambskin bag start peeling. I'm trying to consider how I want to use it, and would love suggestions and/or to know what you'd do!

Some current considerations: I think I'm too scared to buy lambskin again, so any bag I get must be caviar. I'm not a fan of the 19, 22 or the Boy. I love the flap bags, and would maybe pay more for a classic flap in caviar if I found a color I love. I really adore the pastels that Chanel uses, but am also not against a dark color. Ultimately, I'd love to find a caviar flap bag (seasonal or classic) that I really adore. I'm not necessarily in a rush to use the credit, but I do want to be mindful of potential future price increases.

I'm honestly not in love with anything from the current collection, at least from what I've seen online - but I know that there might be a lot available in-store that isn't shown online. Has anyone seen anything in the boutiques lately that might match what I'm looking for? I live two hours to the closest store, so it's a bit of a haul to go in and browse around.

Alternatively, would you suggest opting for a WOC and shoes, or some other combo? I'd love to hear how you'd spend 6k if you were in my position, and would also love any suggestions that are specific to what I've described!

Last edited:
Personally, I am not a fan of the 19 or 22 either. I am sorry you aren't in love with anything on offer right now, but I would go in to check out options because so many things are better IRL.

I would rather wait and/or put extra money towards a bag that I absolutely loved rather than buy 'bits' or a lesser bag with a view to selling.

You should try the small coco handle is $6,600 currently, I highly recommend it. The version without the top handle chain detail is right under $6k I think. It's in caviar, it's a very roomy and versatile bag, my only gripe is that it's not comfortable as a crossbody but chain extenders are available on Etsy/Amazon. If not, then two woc's, or one WOC and some slingbacks. Otherwise a classic flap of course but that's another 4k!

You should try the small coco handle is $6,600 currently, I highly recommend it. The version without the top handle chain detail is right under $6k I think. It's in caviar, it's a very roomy and versatile bag, my only gripe is that it's not comfortable as a crossbody but chain extenders are available on Etsy/Amazon. If not, then two woc's, or one WOC and some slingbacks. Otherwise a classic flap of course but that's another 4k!
This is helpful, thank you so much! The slingbacks are to die for!

Personally, I am not a fan of the 19 or 22 either. I am sorry you aren't in love with anything on offer right now, but I would go in to check out options because so many things are better IRL.

I would rather wait and/or put extra money towards a bag that I absolutely loved rather than buy 'bits' or a lesser bag with a view to selling.
I think I agree with you! I'd rather spend more now and have something I love, then get something that's strictly within the limits of my store credit and feel like I've waisted the money if I don't really love the bag.