IF you could only have ONE birkin

Of all my Birkins my absolute favourite is my Vache Naturelle 35 G/H. So if I could only have 1, that would be the one. Followed closely by chocolate Boxcalf!

I was reading through this thread again and found my 13 yearold post. Although I did use my VN Birkin a lot I sold it several years ago. So my updated choice for my only Birkin would be my 35 Chocolate Boxcalf B with gold H/W. I'm actually very torn between this bag and my 35 Barenia B, but since it's very heavy and I'm not getting any younger and also I have a 32 Barenia HAC aswell, I would probably keep the Box B and the Barenia HAC which weighs much less that the Barenia B.

I was reading through this thread again and found my 13 yearold post. Although I did use my VN Birkin a lot I sold it several years ago. So my updated choice for my only Birkin would be my 35 Chocolate Boxcalf B with gold H/W. I'm actually very torn between this bag and my 35 Barenia B, but since it's very heavy and I'm not getting any younger and also I have a 32 Barenia HAC aswell, I would probably keep the Box B and the Barenia HAC which weighs much less that the Barenia B.
Sorry for the OT but thanks for sharing your experience. Weight is my fear: I plan to have this one bag until I am old but I've been warned that Barenia B35 is HEAVY! I saw one for sale, in person, and the reason for selling was weight.

It’s so interesting how over a decade over, many people’s one and only dream Birkin is a size 35cm. 35 will probably come back in demand.

You are right. I do think 35s will come back.

I like 30s as well. And I have a few of them. But they do not always hold as much as I need.

I have no use for B25s. IMO, a Birkin is a casual tote. If I want a small bag that can dress up or down, my K25 is perfect.

I'd have a hard time choosing between my Barenia 35 with PHW and my 35 Black Box Birkin with GHW. Since I can deadlift 230lbs, weight is not an issue. It's just that both are so different and classic at the same time. And I still get a thrill out of them both.

Last edited:
It’s so interesting how over a decade over, many people’s one and only dream Birkin is a size 35cm. 35 will probably come back in demand.

For me in all these years my favourite size Birkin has remained the 35, I don't even have 30s. If I want a smaller bag I'll go for my 32 HACs or my 32 Kellys. I just cannot do small bags.

Well whilst I adore the look of a 35B I walk A LOT and it A. Gave me lower back pain and B. Because I'm really short rubbed against my thigh when arm carried. B25 is too small so a 30 is most practical and still looks like a tote on my frame.

Colour, I adore Gold and Noir, but black is quite stark and business looking for casual summer wear, and Gold is a possibly a little more of a concern for colour transfer given my almost everyday existence in jeans.

I absolutely love Barenia and Barenia Faubourg for leather, but I'd want it to get squishy and slouchy so Clemence is a better option I think.
Must have Palladium hardware.

Soooo I think that the Ebene Clemence B30 in PHW that I own (and is my only Birkin) is quite probably exactly the right Birkin for me! (Not that I've pondered this quite a lot of course :lol:) Just want her to come back from her Spa trip to Paris quickly now!!!

Birkin black togo 30 PHW for only birkin because I like to wear all black with white gold jewelry.

But if i can only have one hermes bag
I would want kelly retourne 32 black togo with gold hardware… because it is so classic and it has been my most used bag.

my first hermes was a kelly 32 sellier togo withPHW. it was stolen~And I never replace with a same one. Instead i got a gold HW in black