If you could only buy one Birkin, what color would you choose?

If I can only have one birkin, I'll keep the black with ghw. But in reality I use my gold on gold the most. These are the 2 most versatile colors IMO, but (and I've tried this), gold doesn't go well with my evening ballgown events. Only the black one does.

I probably answered this one already...my original
dream Birkin was a Blue Jean with PH, but if I could
only have one--I'd definitely have to get something
from the red family! :smile:

Lee, I personally am not vache liegee's biggest fan. It is durable, holds its shape well, and I actually enabled a friend to get a 32 VL souple Kelly in noisette...but I have not seen VL in colors besides noisette, gold and black, so I don't really know how it looks in a real color, but one of the qualities of H leathers that I value highly is the leather's hand...and VL doesn't do it for me (nor does epsom).
In Kellys I also like the classic shape/structure to be preserved (whether it is a souple or rigide bag) otherwise I might ask if you were interested in swift, which is "pretty" and looks smooth although it has a small, flat grain. I find swift is best for squishy bags like the Lindy. I guess I am thinking maybe Togo? But based on your mention of box and chamonix it sounds like you are looking for something stiff (that's available...) Did you say what color you were looking for?

I'm looking for Rouge Hermes color, w/GHW. I found it in VL rigide Kelly GHW. I also like the Kelly to preserve its' structure. I don't stuff it, so it doesn't have all the weight keeping it up like my togo birkin. But, VL in rouge H is a mystery to me. In fact, sellier is a mystery to me. I have 1 Kelly, a retourne in Box. Probably, I'm not ready to buy on the phone. I only consider it bcause it's very hard to get bags in rougeH. Seems allot of competition for it in any leather. I have a great textbook description of VL, but not the same as someone who has seen it.

Pepper, (and anyone who wants to say something)
Hi. This question is for a Kelly now. Box and Chamonix not avail. Could be a while. Also, I need a workhorse ,so lighteweight w/grain mabe more practical. I found VLigee. But, is it at all pretty:confused1: (my idea of pretty is broad, not just pinks, tough pretty too)
What do u think? I like your opinions. You, SMom, Haholic & few others.....I've been following your posts while sick in bed. BTW....this isn't academic. It's for a real bag. Thnks in advance.
P.S. Allot better here than cable;)
P.P.S. .....been trying to contribute too......more opinions than info at this point

Hi lee! I think this is a great question....probably because I've been through this exact dilemma myself! Needed/wanted a workhorse, practical Kelly for everyday and for bad weather and purchased a lovely 32cm (big enough for my typical work related stuff), Graphite (fantastic neutral that goes with everything), Clemence (tough as nails but still supple with a nice hand) with Palladium hardware. I ADORE it, Lee. I think it's beautiful! I wouldn't say that it's lightweight though....Clemence is a heavy leather.....but I like it more than VL which feels too papery for me. Truth is, I probably would have opted for the same color/size combination in Togo which is a tad bit lighter in weight but I think Graphite comes only in Clemence.

So, my recommendation would be a 28cm/32cm Graphite Clemence Kelly! :yes:

Lee, I vote for rouge H in togo then...because it is slightly lighter in weight than clemence, which would be my second choice. I think togo is a tad hardier but the hand of clemence is a bit nicer. But if you already own togo, and not clemence, you might opt for clemence as S'Mom suggests.

Ladies,
You are on the ball here. This place runs better than allot of businesses I know.
Clemence Kelly may be a bit supple 4 me, but I 'm a big fan of Togo. I never even thought about a Kelly in the Birkin leathers, as I think of them. But, why not?
I'm open minded......I am a fan of both the smushy and stiff leathers. It's all in the COMBO 4 me.
For instance, I love! all dark grays in clemence or togo, but not in the stiff leathers.
I saw VL in gold, and found it a little bland... then saw Black VL and thought it gorgeous.....so I guess there really arn't any rules.

So, I'll give this new arrival due process, but if not 4 me, I'll try to find RougeH Togo. I'm assuming there's a policy of store credit at least. Thanks for the help. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Gold.

I was in your position years ago, trying to decide on a color. I bought black with gold HW. Then "something happened" and I NEEDED another Birkin. (I think a virus is impregnated in the first Hermes bag you buy which is transfered to you.) I bought gold with gold HW. I find that, while I wear both a lot, the gold gets much more wear. Gold looks fabulous with black, is great in summer - I could go on and on. I wouldn't give either of them up, though.

This, I believe! I'm :sweatdrop: through this right now.

One and only? Hmm...Looking at my closet, the Gold with gold HW would be perfect but my heart wants a deep Green like Vert Fonce or Vert Olive.

it will not be the one and only birkin...it is matter of year(s) before you yearn for one again.

in most cases that u buy from the H store worldwide, there're limited quantities of colours ...

so unless u buy from ebay or resellers, you will have more choices.

any colours that i love, i can get in other H styles, so ROUGE is reserved for 1st Kelly and my BLACK is reserved for my 2nd BIRKIN.

the rouge, gold and black are indeed their classic do

Is Barenia offered in black? I would choose this combo...:love:

I was told that it is a few weeks ago.

Back to the original question, I think the colour would have to depend on your wardrobe. My only bag is Raisin but it works well with the majority of my clothes so it's very versatile.

Barenia does come in black but I have not seen it in a full-Barenia Birkin. There is currently a barenia shortage. I am determined to wait it out. So much for the only-1-Birkin concept....