Food If you could eat anything right now what would it be?

Mango and sticky ricee…Thai dessert. My SIL gave me some sweet ripe mangos a few days ago. Been craving this ever since, but I didn’t have the ingredients for the rice until now (sweet rice, coconut milk). Then, I had to soak the rice for a while. It’s finally cooking.
Oh, I once tasted this. It's so yummy! How is it done?

Oh, I once tasted this. It's so yummy! How is it done?

It’s pretty easy. I actually just cook it in a rice cooker, but have cooked it stove top as well. The hardest part is soaking the rice and waiting while you are craving lol. Basically measure the sticky rice (glutinous rice), let it soak for a few hours then cook it with coconut milk instead of water (1 cup rice to 1.5 cup coconut milk) with sugar to taste (2-3 teaspoons is plenty for me). Serve a scoop garnished with a little toasted sesame seeds on top or toasted shredded coconut flakes with fresh cut sliced sweet mangos. I have also seen it served with a little sweetened coconut milk syrup on top or on the side.

12E3D27B-2FD5-42C9-8590-1C7A1B1DCCCD.jpeg

B533E332-B201-4C2E-95B4-E586E0479C2E.jpeg

It’s pretty easy. I actually just cook it in a rice cooker, but have cooked it stove top as well. The hardest part is soaking the rice and waiting while you are craving lol. Basically measure the sticky rice (glutinous rice), let it soak for a few hours then cook it with coconut milk instead of water (1 cup rice to 1.5 cup coconut milk) with sugar to taste (2-3 teaspoons is plenty for me). Serve a scoop garnished with a little toasted sesame seeds on top or toasted shredded coconut flakes with fresh cut sliced sweet mangos. I have also seen it served with a little sweetened coconut milk syrup on top or on the side.

View attachment 5759100

View attachment 5759101
Thank you so much! Can't even say how much I have to try this!
:heart:

• Love
Reactions: FlairBear

View attachment 5759100

View attachment 5759101

This, now, is permanently pasted to our menu :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: FlairBear