If u have US$8000 to spare...would u

Birkin, definitely. Or a cartier watch. I just don't think the J12 will retain its value. (JMO)

Hi lulilu,

That's what I was thinking last yr..I've purchased a rolex instead (for the same reason) ..but 1 yr later, I'm still eyeing on J12...my DH surprised me with a J12 (my b.presents:graucho:)
Now with the "spare" cash... I'm thinking of a birkin (hope to get it in Paris)..or another J12:sweatdrop:

I think it depends on how many bags you have. If you have loads then get the J12 ( I have a black one with the diamond bezel) you can wear it every day and it's virtually indestructible. If you only have a few bags? and want a great investment piece which you will carry a lot then go for a birkin. Sadly I have too many bags to warrant the space or money for a birkin, maybe when I'm 50 though!

birkin is my choice, I tend to agree with lulilu too, I think a cartier or rolex is a better investment piece, perhaps not as pretty as the j12 but that is alot on a ceramic watch IMO.

I say birkin, its what I would do, not really a watch girl. A birkin will always work for you and will hold its value much better. I think 5-10 years from now you would appreciate the birkin much more

Even though I'm slowly seeing the beauty in the classic simplicity and timelessness of a Birkin, I still can't wrap my mind around spending more than about $2K for a bag (my threshold has pretty much DOUBLED since I joined TPF and wandered into the Chanel forum!!)

On the other hand, I'm not really into the J12 since I don't equate Chanel with "watches", especially high end ones.

For that money I would want something as timeless as a good handbag and IMP the J12, while beautiful, is too trendy for me.

I would buy a Rolex :P

If I already had the Rolex...THEN I'd buy the BIRKIN ;)