Idylle Speedy vs. Epi Speedy

Do they make a strap for the Epi Cassis? I think I remember they do.

I hate how there's no D ring on the sides of the Epi speedy. Sigh. Putting it on the handle rings always looks kinda weird to me.

They do make a strap in cassis - I looked into it very recently. I'm planning on getting Speedy with matching strap myself, but a 30 might be too big to sneak a strap onto the handles(?) The idea of having a strap is good though, even just to keep in the bag and whip out when you run out of hands. Might work better on 25? I too wish they'd put D rings on the sides - that would make it so much better for attaching a strap if you wanted one.

I haven't seen anyone else with the Idylle yet. It doesn't seem to be as popular as the other lines.

But I think it's much improved over the Mini Lin. I could still see it pilling a bit tho.

I've seen the Idylle in person in all the styles and colors and they're really beautiful. They told me the fabric has been re-done in better quality so its alot easier to maintain, clean and will last a lot longer. Its not like the Mini Lin, this is better.

I was going to get the Speedy but decided to wait for the Verona instead. My next bag after the Verona will be the Speedy 30 in Sepia.

Greetings Everyone!

I am actually from an LV Store. If I had to choose, I would hands down go with the Idylle Speedy. The bandoliere is a huge asset; and if you don't want to use it all the time, simply take it off (it's removable).

Epi is beautiful, but very structured. If you're looking for a resilient everyday city bag, the Idylle is exactly that. For a women on the go looking for a classy, but functional way to travel about the city.

No need to worry about the canvas. The Idylle canvas is basically a reformulated Monogram Mini Lin. We built it stronger, more resilient, water/dirt/& stain resistant. You can't dunk it in a pool, but if you spill some juice (GOD FORBID!!!) you're covered. It will simply bead up and fall off. Also, that "pilling" problem that you're worried about. It will not have happen with the new Monogram Idylle. (Another plus to recreating the Mini Lin!)

Any other questions ya'll?

I'd be happy to help!

Greetings Everyone!

I am actually from an LV Store. If I had to choose, I would hands down go with the Idylle Speedy. The bandoliere is a huge asset; and if you don't want to use it all the time, simply take it off (it's removable).

Epi is beautiful, but very structured. If you're looking for a resilient everyday city bag, the Idylle is exactly that. For a women on the go looking for a classy, but functional way to travel about the city.

Any other questions ya'll?

I'd be happy to help!

Yes, I've a question! Sorry kosin30 for "hijacking" your thread but I would really like to ask if LVInsider has any insider news about Cassis being discontinued for the Epi line... Hope you won't mind?

Hi LVInsider, could you let us know if you've heard of Cassis being discontinued this year? If so, pls let us know when approx. and also if you don't mind, some clues about the new Epi colours that will be released... typically how much advance notice do the LV staff get before something gets discontinued? TIA!! ;)

Yes, I've a question! Sorry kosin30 for "hijacking" your thread but I would really like to ask if LVInsider has any insider news about Cassis being discontinued for the Epi line... Hope you won't mind?

Hi LVInsider, could you let us know if you've heard of Cassis being discontinued this year? If so, pls let us know when approx. and also if you don't mind, some clues about the new Epi colours that will be released... typically how much advance notice do the LV staff get before something gets discontinued? TIA!! ;)

OMG! Ditto! Yes, I am so afraid that the Epi Cassis color will be discontinued soon! That would be a nightmare! WHEN? WHEN?

Also, thanks LVInsider for the info...my SA at the store was not very helpful with info on the stain-resistance of the Idylle line. I did notice a slight pilling today and picked it off...looked brand new again. I hope that doesn't keep happening tho.

Personally I would go for the epi speedy in cassis (beautiful colour!). Epi leather is very classy and durable, definitely more so than the idylle fabric. Plus, I don't find idylle that pretty after all. One of those 'mini lin' type of designs.