Identify This Mulberry

Spotted this cute Mulberry in todays Style magazine, does anyone know the name? Have never been keen on the new Mulberries with the huge brass 'tree' but the Darias are growing on me and I love the shape of this bag. Any ideas..........

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,141
I've had these two small Mulberries for years, both of them are undoubtedly genuine as I bought them from St Christopher's Place, in the sales. However I've no idea what they are called - and until I joined TPF last week, I hadn't even thought about it, and certainly didn't care.

Now, I would like to know!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful :smile:

They both measure about 11"/28cm across the top from east to west.

First one is in chocolate Scotchgrain with leather trim, silver hardware and detachable leather shoulderstrap.

tpfoldmscotchgrain.jpg

Inside: the tree on the zip pull is plain silver, any colour is a reflection not enamelling. Lined in darkest brown/black self-coloured tree patterned jacquard fabric. One longer inside zipped pocket, one smaller open pocket on other side.

tpfoldmscotchgraininsid.jpg

Does anyone know what the P stamped on the inside label means? I've never noticed it before.

The second is in black Congo stamped leather :love: with bronze hardware. I have used this such a lot over the years! great for going out to dinner when I don't need to transport all the junk that I normally carry round during the day (sunglasses/umbrella - or both, as this is England! - Filofax etc).

tpfoldmcongo.jpg

Lining is black jacquard with maroon tree pattern. I see this one also has the mysterious P stamped inside. The inside zipped pocket is a little smaller than in the Scotchgrain bag and it too has an open inner pocket on the opposite side.

tpfoldmcongoinside.jpg

Last edited: