Identify This Mulberry

I really liked it and thought it would make a good work bag. It was never reduced by enough for me to pounce, though, and by the time it got to the outlets, I'd moved on :lol:

You need to be happy with the nappa leather - it's very, very, very delicate and scratches really easily. The scratches do rub out but if that sort of thing would bother you, steer clear. The black probably wouldn't have any issues with staining but the coffee bags can get very marked.

On the plus side, the leather is so soft and buttery. And really lightweight. So there are pros and cons.

I'm not sure if any/many were ever bought by tPFers :thinking: I seem to recall somebody might have bought one for their mum once, or perhaps I'm making that up :lol:

I seem to recall somebody might have bought one for their mum once, or perhaps I'm making that up :lol:

almost, Dita! I bought my mum an Araline in the same leather, and she liked it so much she bought the Fleet from York outlet in the same colour!

I agree, it is beautifully soft leather (assuming the black is the same), and you cannot be too precious about it as itmarks easily, but IMO this is no great loss and adds chatacter

Hi girls,

This Mulberry (see attached) has been on Ann's Fabulous Finds for a while. It's a style I've never seen before or since - it doesn't seem to be in the photo reference thread.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Attachments

• mulberry id.jpg
    mulberry id.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,545
Hi ladies!

I was randomly browsing Yahoo Japan (sort of japanese ebay) and saw this little bag listed as a Mulberry.
I'm not familiar with the style at all, what about you?

Attachments

• 600x600-2009050100002.jpg
    600x600-2009050100002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,550
I wonder if anyone can identify this Mulberry for me.http://photobucket.com/quinta_2009 I have owned it for a few years now - I bought it in Bicester - at the old shop - and it is obviously an early version Hobo . Its olive green- the photo does not do justice to the colour or the quality of the leather, which i think is Darwin. The bag is lined with black grosgrain/ silk and the silver hardware and plaited handle are lovely. It is also very easy to carry. Round about the time i bought it I saw someone with the same bag in a light brown / caramel colour. Sorry to be so vague but I'd love to know what the bag was called. I don't think it can have been very popular - I have not seen any references on this site.

Am glad to know you like the look of this bag, ladies, since the pictures certainly don't do justice to colour or leather quality. I receive more compliments than with my Roxy or Bays and wonder why the design did not "take off". Perhaps the current range of hobo bags ( which are definitely softer and slouchier and brighter) will do better. It will be interesting to see.

Is it something like the Sara Hobo?

Im not sure the Sara is right but Im certain its a short/simple type of girls name.

I do remember these in the old Bicester store, I remember James restocking one day and having about 8 around his neck & shoulders!

Ells xx

Can't help with the name either, but I must say that this is a lovely hobo - the khaki colour looks really good with silver hw and it looks so nice and easy to wear!

First, I hope I'm not duplicating this post because i just "lost" one i typed. thank you for all the coments. Yes, the name could well be something like Sara. I wish Mulberry had an online archive to check! The bag is certainly easy to wear - i just returned from a day's shopping and no shoulder ache at all even though the leather and hardware are quite heavy. The colour is a rich olive green and appropriately autumnal. I'm afraid the photobucket picturtes are going to disappear soon because i had to cancel the account.