ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

In the case of the patchwork bag being discussed in this thread, there wouldn't have been a "made in" tag since the creed itself states where it was made and that the bag was made in China.
In the case of the patchwork bag being discussed in this thread, there wouldn't have been a "made in" tag since the creed itself states where it was made and that the bag was made in China.
Excuse the double quote, I'm new to posting here. I was trying to add @Hyacinth to this. I thought I could help settle this question about the Made in China having both a stamp and tag issue. Here is a 2013 Basic Bag that has both. It looks perfectly genuine to me? What say you? Let me know if you need any additional photos please? Coach Basig Bag 1.jpgCoach Basic Bag Inside.jpgCoach Basic Creed.jpgCoach Basic Bag Creed 2.jpgCoach Basic Bag China extra tag.jpgCoach Basic Bag Clip.jpg

Last edited:
I hope there is someone that can help me with this. I have found other bags that look like mine but the numbers are way off. The number I found that could be are:

No9430 Slim Satchel Large

But it doesn't match the number inside. I did read that sometimes the numbers don't match the style. But I have not seen this number anywhere.

Any help would be great:smile:.
Thanks
Tina

Attachments

• 20230306_142325.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230306_154929(1).jpg
    20230306_154929(1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I hope there is someone that can help me with this. I have found other bags that look like mine but the numbers are way off. The number I found that could be are:

No9430 Slim Satchel Large

But it doesn't match the number inside. I did read that sometimes the numbers don't match the style. But I have not seen this number anywhere.

Any help would be great:smile:.
Thanks
Tina
That doesn't appear to be a slim satchel large. Based on the shape, it looks like the slim satchel compact #9425 (also called the handle clutch). This bag was probably made in the early 1980s.

Bags made before 1994 have a unique number that has no relation to the style number. If you don't see any letters in the serial number, it is just a random number (with a few exceptions). You shouldn't see the number in this bag anywhere as it should have only been used once, when they made this bag.

9425_Slim Satchel Compact- called handle clutch in 1978 9430 slim satchel standard 1983Fall.jpg

Reactions: Jacynthe
Excuse the double quote, I'm new to posting here. I was trying to add @Hyacinth to this. I thought I could help settle this question about the Made in China having both a stamp and tag issue. Here is a 2013 Basic Bag that has both. It looks perfectly genuine to me? What say you? Let me know if you need any additional photos please? View attachment 5733657View attachment 5733658View attachment 5733662View attachment 5733667View attachment 5733670View attachment 5733679

Coach experimented with various changes to their creeds and serial numbers during that period and it's not surprising or problematic that some bags had both. 2014 was a year of major changes to their creeds and serial numbers, and they weren't changes for the better.

The bag is genuine.

Coach experimented with various changes to their creeds and serial numbers during that period and it's not surprising or problematic that some bags had both. 2014 was a year of major changes to their creeds and serial numbers, and they weren't changes for the better.

The bag is genuine.
Thank you for clarifying. I just wanted to share this with you since there was a question about the dual country of origin stamp and tag. I was pretty sure it was genuine because it was my Mother's bag, who never shopped online and always went either to the Coach boutique or Macy's, etc., but it's nice to hear it from a pro like yourself, as well. I always thought the double stamp and tag was inconsistent with their usual performance, but I've seen what you state about Coach's consistency many times, so then there's that! lol! Thanks again. :tup:

I need your help again and TIA.

I want to search for information on this notepad, but I have not clue when to start looking at catalogs, the 80s, 90s...?
The ones I found so far on Google have tabs no turnlock

IMG_6645.jpegIMG_6644.jpeg

Does anyone know the style # for this charm. The boutique called it Leather Inlay Rexy. It's metal with moveable limbs. Thanks!

View attachment 5741519

I have been looking at catalogs for what I believe is a Continental Clutch, the closest I found is a 4886 from 96/97 but this one has many more credit card slots on both sides, it is not the same. Any idea were I should be looking, still 90s or later? TIA as always.IMG_6695.jpegIMG_6696.jpegIMG_6697.jpegIMG_6698.jpeg

Reactions: katpeony