ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

There's only one photo and we prefer to know something listed as a Coach is actually authentic before identifying it. What concerns me is that in the description the seller posted under "product line" is "coach hobo 9024". But style 9024 doesn't look anything like that bag, it belongs to this Ergo Hobo:
View attachment 4300554

So already we have a bag with no creed photo and an apparently invalid style number. How do we identify something like that? Coach did make a style with that detail but I'm not going to dignify that listing with a name until I can see some proof that it's genuine, and we NEVER advise buying online unless you can actually see the creed and serial number if the bag has one.

Ebay allows a seller to include 12 photos per listing at no charge. There's no excuse for showing just one photo.

Yes, I’ve been running into that a lot lately on eBay. I wanted to look at the style to see what I could find out about it because it reminded me of that tattersall style. Asked there and here, not intending to purchase on this auction because of the lack of photos and information but I thought someone knew the name so I could look it up. No worries though.

Yes, I’ve been running into that a lot lately on eBay. I wanted to look at the style to see what I could find out about it because it reminded me of that tattersall style. Asked there and here, not intending to purchase on this auction because of the lack of photos and information but I thought someone knew the name so I could look it up. No worries though.

That laced detail around the edges is found in the West End collection (Wayback Machine, August 2000):

9466 9467 West End Collection Aug 2000.JPG

Reactions: whateve
That laced detail around the edges is found in the West End collection (Wayback Machine, August 2000):

View attachment 4300592

Catbird9, Thanks so much. I really appreciate your kindness.
This is my opinion but I still wouldn't recommend buying the bag from that seller unless and until you got the required pictures needed to authenticate it. And it probably wouldn't hurt to offer constructive criticism and suggest that she could make more money more quickly if her listings included more pictures.

Having just become an ebay member a week ago, she's not an experienced seller (or buyer) and might welcome the suggestions.

View attachment 4300592

That adds to the problem, the West End line had style numbers between 9466 and 9476 so a mistake in reading the style number on the seller's part is unlikely.

And I'm sorry if I sound unkind, but I'd rather be blunt and prevent someone from buying or even thinking of buying a possible fake - not just the Original Poster, but anyone else reading this who might be considering it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catbird9
I have a leather question! I bought some gorgeous Tearose embellished dusty rose gloves online (NWT $48.50) and they are described as "Sheep Leather" but they are very soft and I was guessing "Lamb Nappa" - and they do come from the same kind of animal. Are they basically the same thing? Or do they only use adult sheep to make Sheep Leather? Is lamb nappa considered more valuable or about the same?

Here is the Coach listing on the Wayback Machine and a photo of the product tag inside the glove, thanks!

TearoseCoachGloves86872_Wayback_001.jpg

TearoseCoachGloves86872_012.jpg

This is my opinion but I still wouldn't recommend buying the bag from that seller unless and until you got the required pictures needed to authenticate it. And it probably wouldn't hurt to offer constructive criticism and suggest that she could make more money more quickly if her listings included more pictures.

Having just become an ebay member a week ago, she's not an experienced seller (or buyer) and might welcome the suggestions.

That adds to the problem, the West End line had style numbers between 9466 and 9476 so a mistake in reading the style number on the seller's part is unlikely.

And I'm sorry if I sound unkind, but I'd rather be blunt and prevent someone from buying or even thinking of buying a possible fake - not just the Original Poster, but anyone else reading this who might be considering it.
I have a comment sort of in defense of the newbie, however I still don't recommend her unless and until more pictures are furnished as well as "enlightening" the seller with the suggested constructive criticism.

I'm not sure exactly how to explain it or how it works with ebay but I believe if listing an item and starting from scratch that ebay gives the seller various options to choose from when filling in the item specifics. And to that end, I suspect that the style number shown is something that came up when the seller (unknowingly) decided that the style of her bag is a "hobo."

I'm betting that the style number shown in the item specifics of the listing isn't on that bag and also that the seller has no clue what the number means!

(I'm speculating on what happened because I haven't experienced it myself. I don't list from scratch and supply my own item specifics, specific to the actual item I am listing.)

Again, this seller really needs an education!

I have a comment sort of in defense of the newbie, however I still don't recommend her unless and until more pictures are furnished as well as "enlightening" the seller with the suggested constructive criticism.

I'm not sure exactly how to explain it or how it works with ebay but I believe if listing an item and starting from scratch that ebay gives the seller various options to choose from when filling in the item specifics. And to that end, I suspect that the style number shown is something that came up when the seller (unknowingly) decided that the style of her bag is a "hobo."

I'm betting that the style number shown in the item specifics of the listing isn't on that bag and also that the seller has no clue what the number means!

(I'm speculating on what happened because I haven't experienced it myself. I don't list from scratch and supply my own item specifics, specific to the actual item I am listing.)

I always create a new listing by selling similar, starting with an old listing and changing things. There have been times when I'll forget to change a field or two so the information shows incorrect.

I have a leather question! I bought some gorgeous Tearose embellished dusty rose gloves online (NWT $48.50) and they are described as "Sheep Leather" but they are very soft and I was guessing "Lamb Nappa" - and they do come from the same kind of animal. Are they basically the same thing? Or do they only use adult sheep to make Sheep Leather? Is lamb nappa considered more valuable or about the same?

Here is the Coach listing on the Wayback Machine and a photo of the product tag inside the glove, thanks!

View attachment 4301040

View attachment 4301052
Those are pretty! I stopped buying Coach gloves when they stopped lining them with cashmere. Sheep could be from an adult rather than a lamb.
Here is some information: https://www.leather-dictionary.com/index.php/Lamb_leather

Good point, thanks for the clarification. I don't sell on Ebay so I'm clueless about what kind of options a seller has when setting up a listing.

Hi, can you ID this coach? It kinda looks like it has that tattersall weaved leather. Never seen it before. Thanks so much [emoji4]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CO...Bag/312420574672?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

She sent me D 02-9467 today a few times. I’m not interested in this bag specifically (maybe in a different color), but I like the style. Thanks again.
If it is authentic, it would be West End Medium Hobo. The 2 factory code would be right for this style.

Attachments

• 9467 West End Medium Hobo.JPG
    9467 West End Medium Hobo.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Catbird9